“Fantastic!”

Ranked #10 of 127 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Bristol
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I have just returned to the UK following my 2 week stay at this hotel whilst on business and feel compelled to write this review as I have never stayed at a more friendly and comfortable place.
I have not experienced such a personal service in a hotel with every member of staff going that extra mile to make my stay as comfortable as possible. I was always greeted by name and asked how my day was going. Nothing was too much trouble.
I would like to make a special mention about Mohammed on the front desk, Ahmed, the restaurant and catering manager and Kyi Kyi in the coffee shop. They personally greeted me each time I saw them and provided that extra attention and service you would only expect in a much more expensive hotel.
The rooms are spacious and clean and the enormous super king size bed was very comfortable especially with the crisp, white cotton sheets. All rooms have a large LED TV and I found the Wi-Fi fast enough for Skype calls home and work on a computer. The business centre has 4 desk top computers and a printer.
The restaurant provides a Buffet style service for all meals and offers a comprehensive selection of hot and cold foods. The staff are attentive with Ahmed overseeing the operation. There is also a chef who cooks delicious fresh hot food while you wait.
I took advantage of the laundry service which was collected in the morning and was always returned by late afternoon clean and nicely pressed.
While this hotel has a small indoor pool on the 19th Floor, for those wishing to enjoy the sunshine the vast beach is only a short 20 minute walk or a 5 minute cheap taxi ride away.
I would definitely recommend this hotel for stays at a city centre location with easy access to the airport and most of the city's attractions.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Cristal H, General Manager at Cristal Hotel Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Dear Hawkeye_69,

Thank you for your comprehensive review.
It's truly a pleasure to so many of our departments mentioned and hope you have the opportunity to return soon and try some of our other services such as the exclusive Cristal Spa.

Kamal Fakhoury

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Rome, Italy
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Excellent Hotel.
At the restaurant (17th floor) you find everything you want with a wonderful view!
Spa & Gym with good facilities.
The staff is really really polite, friendly and qualified.
We'd like to talk about Mr YAZID (the front office man at the reception): he helped us in all we needed. He made lovely our holidays...
In our suite...SURPRISE... a big chocolate cake and decorations like a party for Marco's birthday...
We reccomend CRISTAL Hotel!!!!
Thanks to the staff.
Marco and Simona
ITALY

Room Tip: Our suite at 16th floor was very big, confortable, sunny with a big bathroom. A/C, two TV, three pho...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Marco & Simona,

Thank you for your posting.
Yazid along with many other of our family members are real superstars.
We are so happy we made your stay so special.

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 11, 2013

My review is short and sweet.
Great staff, and I mean ALL of them. Go the extra mile and are quite simply the best I have ever come across! I return on the 18th on business, and cant wait. The rooms are clean, the food excellent and above all its one of those places you could go back to time and time again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Cristal H, General Manager at Cristal Hotel Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Dear John D.,

Thank you for that lovely, short and sweet posting and this is a short reply to say hope you visit us back here very soon.
Florence, Italy
Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

Excellent hotel in a very nice location. The rooms are big, large breakfast buffet with lots of choice. The gym and pool are located at the top of the building and are panoramic. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The only issue was the speed of the wifi connection but I have noticed that this is very common in Abu Dhabi. I would definitely stay again at this hotel.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear giuliagalli,

Thank you for your recent posting.
It's nice to see you enjoyed several of our facilities.
I will certainly be looking into the speed of our Wifi as we currently subscribe to the fastest package available.
Hope to welcome you back soon.

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I have never been treated better by any staff. That is the. entire staff. Exceptionally polite and attentive. I had my birthday during my stay and to my surprise the hotel staff took notice of it and put a cake and made towel animals in my room. The front desk staff new me by name and told me happy birthday as I entered the hotel.
Now as I prepare to leave, Ahmed from the restaurant and kye kye celebrated our stay with tea and cake.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear Troy J.,

Thank you for your recent posting.
We are glad that we managed to make your birthday with us feel more special.
Wishing you many more wonderful years to come and hope to catch a few of them at Cristal again.

Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Very impressed with the service you feel like your in a 5star hotel from the door service I believe mr john to reception mr mohamed and mr amit to the cafe ms kei kei very friendly and well mannered staff the hospitality is amazing I highly vouch and recommend this hotel A +++++++

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mohamed A.,

Thank you for your comments and especially for naming a few of our super stars here at the hotel.
The whole team takes pride in exceeding our guest expectations and we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
Hope to welcome you back very soon.

Manama
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I was staying at the Cristal Hotel for two weeks on a business trip. The Hotel was booked by my company so I did not choose it, however, I would have no hesitation in choosing it in the future should I be looking for a hotel in Abu Dhabi.

Whilst it has no bar, there are bars nearby for those who like to have a drink. The restaurant on the 17th floor provides excellent views of the city and the buffets provide an extensive range of food to suit all tastes. In the lobby is a quaint Coffee Shop, where you can relax reading a book or have a meeting whilst enjoying a drink and some excellent pastries or cakes.

Rooms are spacious and have all the facilities required, room service and housekeeping are very attentive and the whole service experience from front office to meal time was first class.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Richard S.,

Thank you for that wonderful review.
It's so comprehensive and I will be sharing it all with the team.
Looking forward to welcoming you back to Cristal Hotel Abu Dhabi.