Cristal Hotel Abu Dhabi
  • Room Service
  • Pool
  • Pool
1,671 results
All reviewsmadinat zayed shopping centreupgraded to a suitegreat hotelrecommend this hotelfree upgradecentral locationfront officeroom servicehouse keepingbusiness tripbusiness hotelenjoyed my staynice roompleasant staylate checkexcellent stayspecial thanks
999 - 1,004 of 1,671 reviews
Reviewed October 23, 2012

From check-in through to check-out, Cristal Hotel Abu Dhabi was a second-to-none experience.

The welcoming smiles and the affectionate goodbyes all delivered in a way that says - in an understated way - we look forward to welcoming you again, and again and again.

This is my second stay at Cristal and I plan to return in two weeks. One of the nice things about the hotel is the staff... a great hotel is made even greater by the staff that runs it.

Room Tip: You couldn't do much better than this gem of a hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Kamal F, General Manager at Cristal Hotel Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for making me smile broadly when I read your very touching feedback.

Yes, we believe that affectionate good bye's are as important as a warm welcome. And in a city that boasts several great hotels with fantastic hardware, the differentiation will come from it's software, namely our team members.
And I could not agree with you more, that it is the software that makes most of our guests return. Again & again.

We look forward to welcoming you back next week.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Nice and central hotel close to the Madinat Zayed Shopping Centre (a mall with mostly domestic brands) and a Lulu Hypermarket (big food and department store). The suite was very nice and the service was excellent. We stayed there 30 days during the paperwork for my residence visa. The restaurant is ok and the pool was very good. The cleaning service was also excellent. The staff was very child-friendly (we have two small children). The landaury in the hotel was insanely expensive, so if you have a lot of laundary there is a laundary store just outside the hotel.
I can really recommend it to other families and business people.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Excellent experience, every two weeks i have trip to Abu Dhabi, i am staying with Cristal.staff is very good and excellent rooms.Must stay here for Unique Experience.Its located in nice place, loved the silent and peaceful environment-away from the crowd.Once you reach here all that tiredness and stress just Vanishes.Thanks to the people of Cristal Hotel Abu Dhabi-for making my visit A memorable one.

1  Thank DainThomas
Kamal F, General Manager at Cristal Hotel Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your good comments and sharing your excellent experience with us.

We are most appreciative of you highlighting the wonderful characteristics of our hotel from our rooms, its location, our team and the great ambiance which we are very proud of. Your feedback encourages us to continue to provide outstanding service and we ensure to keep and improve it.

Thank you for choosing to stay with Cristal Hotel Abu Dhabi and we are all looking forward seeing you again on your next stay with us.

Florentina Luz Daza
Marketing Executive
Cristal Hotels, Abu Dhabi

Reviewed October 19, 2012

I was in Abu Dhabi for 3 weeks on a consulting job. The client made the hotel reservation directly at Cristal Abu Dhabi. I immediately checked the TripAdvisors reviews, which ranked it as #5 in all Abu Dhabi, with 4.5 stars. As such, I was pleased with the selection.

I emailed the hotel and requested a room in a high floor with open views. The reservation manager responded right away, indicating that I have been upgraded to a suite and that he was going to take care of my requests. I really had high expectations.

The first impression was not that good. The hotel looked like a typical 4 star hotel, small and with an almost non-existent lobby, including the front desk and some disorganized chairs that looked like a waiting area. There is a coffee shop on the back of the lobby, which is not visible from the lobby.

The suite was of good size (around 50 square meters), but did not feel too big, as it was too boxy. The wall that separated the living area and bedroom made the suite to look small. In addition, the living area had poor lighting, which made it feel depressing. The bedroom and bathroom were very good. Finally, the room did not have the views that I expected and it was not as high as I wanted. The decor of the hotel and rooms was very good and modern.

The hotel has only one restaurant that offers buffets for breakfast, lunch and dinners, in addition to a la carte selections. It is ample and well equipped. But is has a HUGE problem. It does not have a liquor license! Also, after three days, I was already feeling that I was always eating the same.

The hotel also has a small swimming pool, but is indoors! Not good, considering that the weather was fantastic. The spa was great. The gym was huge! The hotel also offered free valet parking and free wifi internet.

The staff was extremely nice, which apparently is a “must” in Cristal Hospitality, the company that manages the hotel. The clientele was not really upscale. The location was not that good. It was very commercial and not very inviting.

Overall, the hotel was good, but not for me. I needed a good lobby, a good bar and restaurant, an outdoor swimming pool and a room that felt bigger and brighter. Because of this, I moved out to the nearby Cristal Salam, which has all of it, and I loved it – please see my separate review of the Cristal Salam.

Before moving, I contacted the reservation manager to inform the reasons why I was moving, particularly the suite assigned to me. He tried to move me to a different suite, which were in higher floors and had better views. What I could not understand is why I was not assigned those to begin with, as I requested.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing such a detailed feedback on almost all aspects of our hotel.

I appreciate your inputs, & perspective. Whilst you clearly stated that our hotel was good, we respect your views that it was not for you. The fact that you moved to our sister hotel, Cristal Salam & enjoyed it more softens the dissapointment of you wanting to move out from Cristal Abu Dhabi in the first place!

We respect that people are different, & have as such, different desires & expectations. Having two Cristal Hotels in downtown Abu Dhabi is thus a big advantage for Cristal Hospitality!

But as you mention, both hotels have one thing in common. Caring staff, who genuinely wish to delight all our guests. And I believe that our current top 5 ranking on this famous website for both our hotels bear testimony to that!

I look forward to welcoming you back at either of our two hotels!

Reviewed October 18, 2012

My third stay at the Cristal. Great staff at all levels. Good business hotel. I recommend getting the rate with breakfast option, very economical if breakfast is important to you. A buffet, Open at 6 am which is very helpful for me to be out the door for meetings or tours. 17th floor restaurant w view. Excellent location to get around town by taxi, bus or walking. Safe neighborhood. Downtown density, but the Cristal is not on a main street so it is quieter. Quiet A/C quiet room. Comphy bathroom with good tub. Very good for a reasonable price - which is my primary reason for staying at the Cristal. Free & easy internet. Business center works with larger printer and several stations and a good view. Workout rooms bigger than most hotels w Percor machines and some free weights - and a great view from the top floor - treadmill or rowing while watching the sun set.

Room Tip: Amber plus is a good value.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Kamal F, General Manager at Cristal Hotel Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2012

Dear Guest,

A senior contributor's comments are always read with great interest by me, & I thank you for taking the time to provide such detailed feedback on our breakfast, rooms, bathrooms, internet, business centre, great views, and the gym.

What made me smile with inner satisfaction, was that we clearly relaxed you to such an extent, that you noticed the sunset views whilst exercising! In today's busy rushed world, I wish more of us could make the time to notice the small, simple things in life that are enjoyable, and come for free!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon for your 4th stay!