“Short business trip to UAE”

Royal Regency Hotel Apartments

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed in Royal Regency for 2 days instead of planned 4. Everything started with the long search of hotel parking, which was located somewhere around the block and took us about 10 -15 minutes to get to the hotel from parking. When we entered the room, there was a cockroach on the wall. The amenities were very old, the gas stove didn't work, the oven in the suite was damaged....
After all, the receptionist charged us twice for the hotel by mistake, an didn't want to accept her fault.... Well, our weekend at Royal Regency became a nightmare, and we paid $150 per night for that!
The strange thing (very strange) is that there was a logo of TripAdvisor on the reception desk, saying this was the best recommended hotel by TripAdvisor in 2011. How come people get fooled by this hotel?! Rooms are small, old furnished, nothing works properly, you are neighboring with cockroaches and still you get so many visitors. Maybe the location?... Agree, it was in downtown, but very dirty, full of sewage "odors" and strange people....
I would never ever recommend this hotel to anybody who is ready to pay $150 per night. There are much better hotels by $150, the value for this one is maybe $ 50, not more.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Zara H
Rugby, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 14, 2012

I stayed at the Royal Regency for 11 weeks. The only positive remark is that the room rate (300Dh) negotiated by my employer was unbelievably cheap!
The room itself was cold, bland and uninviting. A few rugs on the pale, tiled floor and a few pictures on the stark, white walls would have made a huge difference as would a comfortable armchair in which to relax, watch TV, read a book, etc. The tiny wardrobe was barely big enough for one person. However, the king size bed was very comfortable and I always slept well.
The kitchenette included a hob with 3 gas rings and an electric ring. Yet there is no gas! It’s ludicrous. I enjoy cooking for myself but with only 1 electric ring it was nigh impossible. Why doesn’t the hotel replace the hobs with all electric ones? Furthermore, there’s no oven or grill, toaster or microwave, just a kettle. The inventory of cutlery, crockery, pots and pans, etc. was laughable. There was a washing machine but the instruction manual was in Arabic only. The TV looked pretty ancient
The bedding was changed every day as were the towels – nice but not environmentally friendly. The floor was swept but the furniture was rarely dusted. Eventually, when I was able to write my name on the wall mirror, I dusted the place myself. I should have complained.
The gym is adequate – just – but the air conditioning is ineffective. Breakfast was also adequate but the restaurant was like my room – cold, bland and uninviting. The service was also poor and the hotel management should at least train their staff to smile. Perhaps it’s because of their hideous uniforms.
There is no pool and no bar. Parking is on the street or in an underground car park – both of which have to be paid for. I was given free internet access yet the speed was so slow I’m glad I wasn’t paying for it!
The location is very handy for downtown Abu Dhabi with loads of bars and restaurants within walking distance or a short taxi ride. The location didn’t suit me though as I was working at Musaffah some 40km away.
In summary I would only recommend the Royal Regency for a short stay – provided that you can negotiate a competitive rate.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank NorthernPlank

Travelers are raving about these Abu Dhabi hotels

Tehran
Reviewed March 27, 2012

My stay in Royal Regency Hotel Apartments, was good and bad experience. It was good because eventually after 10 days I finally got a good news that was the main purpose of my trip to UAE, and that was bad experience because the reception staffs behaved like, if I wanted to not pay them.
For example, they cut my internet connection in 7th day, and locked out the key for my room while I told them one day in advance that I would like to extend my stay in hotel. And when I went to the reception desk, they told me that you need to pay for your extension, and when I said that, I would pay by the tomorrow morning, they reluctantly accepted. I was wondering, why? As guest to your hotel I had already paid and you had my credit card number in the case that I would escape from hotel, and even you locked me out of my room while all my things were inside the room, so what was wrong with you reception's staffs :D ??!!!!

Anyway, the room was acceptably clean and the hotel is almost in middle of the city. It takes about 45 minutes walk from hotel to Marina Mall and almost 30 minutes to AbuDhabi Mall in tourist center section of city.

Room Tip: Be careful when you are taking shower, the hot water getting cold after about 15 minutes, step by st...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Kocholo
abudhabi-UAE
Reviewed February 22, 2012

This Hotel Apartments is located in the city center, where you can find everything near you
I stayed with my family one night,1 Bedroom Apartments, it contain of Bedroom,Bathroom,
hall with kitchen.fully loaded.
Every thing was fine,
Receiption very helpful,specially Mr.Cahrlie
Try to stay in this hotel,and you will get more than what you paid
Thanks to Booking.com
Faisal

Room Tip: 16th Floor
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank yemeniabudhabi_UAE
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Spent a week there while at a conference. Good location for downtown the rooms were clean and of a excellent size. I would recommend

• Stayed February 2012
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed January 24, 2012

We stayed as a family in a 1 BR suite which had a living room sofa come bed for the kids and a small kitchen. Adequate and served our purpose. Thought it was a tad expensive compared to choices we have in Dubai. But location wise - cannot beat it. Hamden Street is the shopping paradise for everything. Good restaurants too - lots of Indian ones. Felt like HOME.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family