All reviews al bateen library bar le labo every single staff member risotto verde healthy restaurant tom aikens beautifully designed hotel trendy hotel overlooking the marina pool area we ordered room service all day dining rooms are spacious hotel experience f b an amazing hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We live in Abu Dhabi and spent a night here to celebrate my birthday. From the moment that we arrived, we felt very welcome. Ms. Veronica Arizabaleta (Guest relations manager) and the entire staff did an absolute terrific job in making my birthday celebration as wonderful as anyone could ever expect! They treated us like we were the most important guest and that is something that is not easy to find these days. We had dinner at the Alba Terrace which was wonderful. Kirby and Sidley did a terrific job at making us feel very welcome! I don't remember everyone's name but everyone that we came in contact with was very pleasant to talk with. They have a very diverse staff from all over the world that makes this place very unique and an enjoyable experience. It is also a beautifully designed hotel but the staff is what has made this place a top 5 for us. Abu Dhabi Edition will be very sucessful as long as they can keep people like Ms. Veronica on their staff! Highly recommend the Edition for dinner or a stay!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Driveway was clean and doormen were courteous. The carpet looks a bit old, though or faded. But it didn’t add much to my first impression. The lobby was a wow sight, a bit more fragrance to add oomph to that wow factor. Just a suggestion. Check in was fine. The lift was well designed, not hidden, not obstructing. The design is fluid. It was a really awesome lobby, don’t forget to look up and note the kinetic sculpture. The room. It was absolutely gorgeous. The neutral shades they boast is really easy on the eyes unlike heavy black or reds or bright oranges and yellows. We love that the switches has labels and are very efficient. The tub, the toilet, the linen, the robes; superb! Alba terrace for dinner didn’t go well. The pasta was soggy. The beef carpaccio made my friend sick for the whole stay. Dinner at The Market was a sumptuous one, except that the plating for the char Sui lamb would’ve made it better instead of digging in bowl most appropriate for my noodles. Breakfast, again at The Market… hmmmm. The waiter was affable but forgot 1 of 2 of our main courses. We let it slide and went for a late lunch outside the hotel. Staff are engaging, but some are just trying hard to that they don’t empathize. At 1030 in the evening, doormen don’t bother opening doors despite seeing that I had a heavy bag and was struggling. Maybe because I was wearing short shorts they thought I wasn’t checked in. Anyway, it was a nice experience, despite not being able to use the pool but we went to see it and it looks great.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Although I have yet to stay overnight at Edition, I have had exceptional experiences at the hotel.

All team (especially the concierge, the reception and Alba Terrace) pamper you as soon as your taxi pulls up at the main doorway.

Edition is not stuffy and fussy like traditional 5 Star hotels. This is a different type of luxury experience, where the staff address you by your first name and wear such casual uniforms that you might mistake them for guests.

This style of service might not be for everyone, but I for one loved it. It is relaxed, cool, fun and refreshing. Keep it up team Edition !

Trip type: Traveled solo
AndrewC7843, Manager at The Abu Dhabi EDITION, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Courtney13692

I truly appreciate your kind words.

EDITION is Marriott's modern luxury brand that is a beautiful mix of Ritz Carlton's service culture and the creativeness, energy and vision of Ian Schrager. We believe that having an impassioned 'nice' team who are gracious and sophisticated yet have a little bit of 'wink' has a place and whilst admittedly it may not be for everyone I do hope that it is deemed at the very least authentic.

Thank you for your shout out to the Concierge, Reception and Alba Terrace teams.

Kind regards

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have been traveling to AD very often +100 trips for the past 10 days, and I have managed to experience multiple hotels. And I believe this is perhaps on the top 3 hotels that I've stayed.
The place is tastefully decor, all details are highly crafted for a great experience, and is a great location (Bateen Marina). Service is great, rooms are beautiful and the restaurants are quite good (The breakfast is outstanding, as is not a buffet, is a la carte full of healthy options).
If you are looking for a great hotel for business, put this on top of your list

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear RI_Dubai

Thank you, thank you, thank you - we (I shared this with the Hotel team this morning) love this review especially from such an experienced traveler and reviewer like your good self.

We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Abu Dhabi.

Warmest regards

Reviewed September 10, 2019

I stayed here when on a stopover in Abu Dhabi and this stopover was almost better than my actual holiday! I was expecting the hotel to be good, as I have visited the London EDITION and love it. But this was far far better than I ever could have imagined. Firstly, the room is so tranquil and lush. The beds are amazing they are soft and comfortable and the robes are so luxurious.

Breakfast at Market was such a nice treat as I am a vegetarian and there were so many options to choose from. The young French waiter was so helpful and charming. If you expect a big breakfast buffet, then you will be disappointed but this is quality over quantity which I much preferred.

Next time I want to come back for a full week and experience every restaurant and the pool and spa as I did not have enough time to try everything. I look forward to getting back and soaking up everything this hotel has to offer.

Date of stay: August 2019

Dear mizzycaroline

Thank you for choosing Abu Dhabi and The Abu Dhabi EDITION as a stopover destination.

Naturally I am a little biased as I live in Abu Dhabi however I truly believe that there is something for everyone should they holiday or stopover or even just visit for the day. From culture to art it is all here - Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, Qasr Al Hosn and the Louvre to name a few. At Warner Brothers, Yas Waterworld and Ferrari World there are rides for all ages. Saadiyat beach would not look out of place in the Caribbean, South Pacific or the beautiful islands in the Indian Ocean. For the shoppers and 'foodies' there are so many malls, places to dine and cuisines to experience.

At The Abu Dhabi EDITION whilst our modern luxury lifestyle design and styling may not be for everyone we at the very least offer dining experiences that are interesting, offer the freshest ingredients available, are authentic in flavor and are attentively prepared by Chef Joergen and his talented team under the guidance of our Chef partner, Tom Aikens.

I am pleased you loved Market and that you appreciated that a fabulous breakfast experience does not need to involve a buffet. Offering lighter options that includes plenty of choice for vegetarians is an important attribute of Market's menu, however this said as the day moves and the barbecue in the open kitchen heats up the menu evolves offering lots of choice for the carnivores amongst us as well.

When you are next planning a visit to Abu Dhabi please let us know.

Kind regards