“their mistake on price change, i receive only "SORRY"”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cassells Hotel Apartments
Ranked #105 of 129 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Ruwais, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“their mistake on price change, i receive only "SORRY"”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

i had a booking confirmed on this hotel last Oct. 31, 2013 (Booking Ref # [3532970] Cassells Hotel Apartments, Abu Dhabi, 31st October 2013 - 1st Nov 2013), but sad to say, when i arrive there, the price were changed from 348AED to 690AED.. and they said only "SORRY SIR blah blah....if i continue to check in, i have to pay the new price.. if only i know the price is that high, i would have never come to this hotel. and that night i was the one who's suffering coz i still have to search for another hotel...they accept that it was their mistake, but instead of doing something to at least help me find a room to stay that night..they just simply say "SORRY"... i purposely made this comment so as to inform future customers for them.. i hope it will not happend again...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Khaled D, Public Relations Manager at Cassells Hotel Apartments, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Sir

greetings from Cassells Hotel Apartments

first, we would like to apologize for the incident during your reservation with Cassells.
there was a misunderstanding between our hotel and the company you used to book with us as we clearly advised them about the rates during F1 and they did not update their system.

we assure you that this incident will not happen again and we hope to see you again at Cassells Hotel Apartments

kind regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

I stayed here for a couple of months whilst on business in the area. The room I had was large and spacious, clean and tidy. The rooms were cleaned everyday.

The food in the restaurant was reasonable (buffet style), and there was plenty of it usually. The only time I had a problem was when a tour party were in for dinner, and it was like feeding time at the zoo.

Location wise this hotel is reasonably central - you can be in any of the main places on the island within 10-15 minutes walk.

Taxis are plentiful, you can usually stop one within seconds of stepping out of the entrance.

All in all I enjoyed my stay here, and would use it again if back in the city for business.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank civms47
Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

The location of the hotel is good at the center of the city with malls and many restaurants around especially if you are a south Indian. Hotel rooms are also spacious and nice. We had taken studio type room but it has all the necessary things for cooking. The only bad experience that we faced is that we have not used anything in the mini bar but the hotel staff claimed we used it. We argued but do not want to make a fight of it. Hence we paid the amount.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sir

thank you for choosing cassells hotel apartments and we apologize for the minibar incident

we will make sure that the incident will not happen again in the future.

we look forward to serve you again at Cassells Hotel Apartments.

Colombo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

I continuously use this hotel apartment for our official trips in Abu Dhabi. This is just a 3 minutes walking distance to my destination. Sorrounded by restaurants, supermarkets, hospitals, boutiques of all kinds and easy access to public transport and taxis, Cassells is convenient hotel.Major shopping malls are easily accessible from Cassells.
Great service, friendly staff makes it a difference. However, breakfast buffet needs major enhancement as it lacks variety. Recent cost cutting results in discontinuation of few amenities like complimentary water and tea / coffee facilities.

Room Tip: Non Smoking room
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Colombo, Sri Lanka
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this place for a short business trip. The main reason I chose this place as it is right next to the office. It is conveniently located. Fast check in with clean and spacious room. Staff was good and friendly. I have stayed at this place about a year ago and I must say the service levels
have drastically dropped. Some of the stingy measured taken by the management actually ruin the service levels and customer experience . General practice is to offer complimentary water but they only offer if you ask for it. I ordered a club sans which which was a big portion but they have included only one packet of ketchup which is not sufficient at all. When I asked more ketchup they said it is their standard to offer one pack. They finally offered me additional ketchup after a heated argument. It was quite funny to note there is a kettle in the room but no coffee or tea was available. When I inquired they said they do not offer complementary tea bags or coffee. Then I asked them to remove the kettle as no point of having the kettle without tea or coffee on offer. They provided me tea and coffee but only two bags of sugar. When I asked then they said it is their practice. From that point onwards I kept my mouth shut as I was sick of fighting. I think the Managment should stop this stingy practices as it does more damage than savings .

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank mahesh9910
Colombo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

I stayed there during an official tour from 29th June - 3rd July. Our company selected this hotel since it is close by to HQ.

Clean and peaceful hotel. Rooms are good and clean and equipped with a kitchen area, Washing machine, kettle, , iron etc. Which you'll need during your stay.

Biggest drawback is the breakfast buffet which is boring and lacks choice. Cannot comment on lunch/dinner since I never tried it.

This is very good for a business tour but not to enjoy your holidays.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Thilanka A
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I loved the fact that they upgraded me to a suite which was quite spacious and huge. The kitchenette had all the basics for a 10 day stay including cooking utensils. The service was impeccable and people were always ready to help. The hotel is very close to the corniche and the Abu Dhabi mall. Also, there are many restaurants and takeaways around this place.

The only cons:
1. Food is not great - both variety and the taste
2. There is no wi-fi. You need to use a LAN cable to get connected - severely constraining movement.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank arundhoti
Khaled D, General Manager at Cassells Hotel Apartments, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear arundhoti

Greetings !!

We would like to thank you for your comments and we look forward to serve you again at Cassells Hotel Apartments