“Good hotel but bad management at the yacht club”
Review of The Yacht Club - CLOSED

The Yacht Club
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our brand new Asian Tapas menu draws inspiration from culinary hotspots like Hong Kong, Hanoi, Tokyo, Bangkok and more. Enjoy cold tapas, hot tapas, sushi, robata grills, exotic desserts - a variety of Japanese refreshments and Oriental cocktails you will not be able to resist. Dine indoors or outdoors, on the terrace, with spectacular views of InterContinental Abu Dhabi's private marina. Dance to the best international music played by renowned international DJs and our resident music guru. Choose a drink from our bar right in the center, which stocks a variety of alcohol including Wine and the widest range of Vodkas, among others. Our bartender mixes the best Cocktails in town and can serve any Cocktail you can think of.
Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

We checked in with my wife and little daughter to the hotel for leisur and we went down to the yacht club I was asked in a very rude manner by an egyptian man who identified himself as the managet of the place for civil Id(although I explained that we are in house guests and gave him our room number) and to change the into a shirt I did so and went back to my room and came down again to be surprised that his colleague let us in without having to present any!!
The following day my wife and I decided to go to the same place and that we liked the club atmosphere and that we didn't want to go for a long drive so we headed to yacht club again but unfortunately we faced the same rudeness from the same exact guy. We approached the door and a Filipino host asked for my Id so i presented it along with the room key, he welcmed us and recognized from the night before and was on his way to remove the strap to let us in and to our surprise this egyptian man approached us in a very rude manner asking us for our Ids. I told him that he should speak to us with manners but he refused and insisted that he will not let us in if we do not present our Ids to him again..
We went to complaint to the duty manager Rafael who was pleasant and promised to solve the issue and offered us to use another outlet and also confirmed to us that this rude man is a security guard and not the manager of the place
My question: did this gentelman receive proper training to be able to talk to guests

Having the wrong person at the door of this place can only spoil the place especially if he lets people in according to his taste

I will never make it again to intercontinental bah dhabi and will ask whome ever I know to follow

My vacation was spoiled and so as the reputation of the hotel

1  Thank Lalech

Reviewed November 25, 2012

I usually pass by for a drink or 2 after dining at Chamas. Since i am always in a good mood after Chamas, i have always enjoyed time spent in YC. I like the little old school ambience and also the privacy of their indoor tables/

1  Thank bobOkinawa
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I've been to the Yacht club twice and both have been very different experiences.

On the Saturday evening, we walked in easily, had a relaxed dinner, enjoyed the setting with soft music, delicious food and nice drinks and although service was poor had a nice dinner.

On the Thursday evening, it was more of a night club setting with nice house music, but we were greeted with attitiude by the doorman and even poorer service so dinner was not very enjoyable.

On weekends, it is a very nice place to have drinks with friends or pick up people, but it is a bit pretentious and definitely too expensive for such poor service.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

The Yacht Club at the Abu Dhabi Intercontinental has a great atmosphere and comfortable circular booths on different levels which makes for pleasant communal dining. Also a good place for a drink at the bar. The Sushi is excellent. The only downside to the place is the potential for a very noisy private party booked into the dancefloor area with DJ in residence. This has happened on a couple of occasions when I have eaten in this restaurant, so probably a good idea to check at the door before committing yourself to a meal.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Great location, good food, when the music starts and the young crowd moves in, it is so loud that all I could do was smile and nod to my dinner companions.