Moth Mahal was recommended by a friend a while back and since then if I decide to go for an Indian, this is always the place. Its tucked away not far from the ADCB Bank on Salam street. The first appearance from the outside is very dark and closed. The place needs a major revamp but we are talking about an "old" restaurant in the "old" abu dhabi. I very sure in a few years time this area will not look like it does today, however appearances can be deceiving like most of the restaurants in abu dhabi.
What matters is the place has great food. Its tasty, fresh and is served on time! I've honestly never had a bad dish there.
If one was to be nitpicky then Id point out a few negative points:
1. The menus given to us at the table are takeway paper style and isnt very restaurant-like
2. Cutlery needs revamping. Its not very nice eating form cutlery which looks like its been in the mouths of millions.
3. The decor is old, dated and the whole place is very cold in general
1. The food is tasty
2. Service is courteous and quick
3. The bill will not eat into your pocket
4. The selection of juices are tasty and fresh
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.