“a peaceful oasis a stone's throw from city center”

One to One Hotel - The Village
Ranked #85 of 127 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed May 14, 2013

The One-to-One Village Hotel is a small, friendly place in a city of imposing skyscrapers and super-chilled megahotels. The staff is unfailingly friendly, the pool and poolside garden eatery are pleasant, and the rooms are clean, well-appointed, and extremely comfortable. The breakfast buffet is endless, with a variety of foods including meats, local cuisine, salad bar, fruits, breads, and made-to-order omelet bar. Wonderful place for the business traveler needing respite from meetings!

Room Tip: Ask for the back block if you want to avoid noise from the poolside patio, which is a busy place thr...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank cavalluccia

Reviewed April 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed at One-to-One Hotel for three nights on a business trip. Since our room was not ready upon arrival, they upgraded us to a junior suite, which was spacious and lovely. It had a separate sitting room with TV, as well as the main bedroom (though not separated by a door). The bathroom was large and included a toilet, bidet, and shower (oddly they forgot to give us enough towels and one had a hole in it, but I'm sure they would have fixed those problems if we'd complained). The staff were extremely polite and attentive. We had the breakfast (at restaurant Resto in the same complex) which was a huge buffet, complete with cereals, pastries, meat dishes, rice dishes, fruit, eggs, you name it. It was the most amazing amount of food I've seen in a hotel breakfast. We ate dinner at the Village Club (also in the complex, and adjacent to the swimming pool) and again had the buffet - also quite extensive - though you could also order off the menu. One thing to be aware of - there were many hookahs in use at the Village Club and the flavored smoke is pervasive. There is also an indoor area with live entertainment. And even with the hookah smoke, we were still able to enjoy our meal. The last night we ate at the steakhouse in the complex. The food (I had the surf and turf) was absolutely delicious, and again the service was impeccable. We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank DRBTravels
Reviewed April 25, 2013

i like this lovely hotel with worm hospitality , big nice room but they have problem in bathroom ventilation , clean room , small lovely lobby , new are location with a lot of construction . small swimming pool , nice gym

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank NATHEER A
Reviewed April 20, 2013

So the hotel is split into blocks of 6 or 8 rooms with a pool on the roof of each block. People can walk in off the street to the blocks and up to your room door. Abu Dhabi is pretty safe but that surprised me a little. Anyway reception is tidy enough, rooms are pretty spacious. Restaurant area good for breakfast, never ate dinner there. They have a fee restaurants onsite including fish and steak (but I do like a glass of red with my steak). The hotel is completely dry so either bend the rules or get a cab to a 5 star and drink in their bar. Convinced their website said they had a cocktail bar etc, reviews suggest they lost their license. All a bit deceiving.

Location was fine for purpose.

It's a bit hard to describe but I never felt particularly comfortable there. It is very relaxed and feels a bit like a holiday resort without it being a holiday or a resort (if you get me...?).

Cheap. Certainly a bargain for the area but next time I will spend a few bucks extra and stay elsewhere I think. Can't think of any reason I would want to go back to this place.. Other than price I suppose.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank dwnfallen
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Very comfortable clean excellent price nice big rooms I can go on !
Staff are all pleasant and helpful

Hit hard by withdrawal of liquor license as noted by empty restaurants although admit it was a Sunday .

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Travelinglukie
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I decided to find a hotel away from the normal downtown. In general I was pleased with the location as I was able to get outside and get some of my running done there. The place was OK, but there were some general –caution, notes to be taken from the experiences. Some notes were that I ordered a king size bed, non smoking. When I got there, they upgraded me. Well, there were two double (not queen) beds and no shower and the room was a smoker’s room. The room was also close to one of the restaurants and for two of the nights I was there, the noise of moving furniture on slate, drove me dilly – up to 1 pm in the morning. I left one night early as it was a real pain for me. Of note was that the bath was huge, but I only shower and therefore it was of no personal value – but to get in to shower, wow, you need wide and tall legs. For an older person, it’s a non starter. You would need to sit and swing your legs across. The large gym and large pool was grand – the pool area was a little “rough” but peaceful. The breakfast was also marvelous, but the price was huge. Staff was very nice! As it was in a residential neighborhood, there is no other place to eat, but at the locale. I found a simple and inexpensive eating location was at the pool area, where the locals all do their hookahs pipe thingy. Food was reasonable and price sensitive. There is a small store about 8 mins walk (found it while I was running) which sells most everything you may need/want in terms of food and personal things. No problem with taxi’s but not a place to stay if you want to “be in the action”. I might return if they can g’tee me a decent room next time.

Room Tip: Away from the hotels restaurants
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ossieosborn
Reviewed March 13, 2013

A great place to stay for business while in Abu Dhabi. Reliable Free Wi Fi every day you can work from your room or anywhere. Swimming pool, gym, many restaurants. The 18 oz steak house was one of the best steaks I ever ate in UAE. Very polite professional staff. Large clean rooms. I had a great stay there and I was there for 3 nights.

Room Tip: I was in the back and it was silent, no noise at all!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business