“Al Manzel Hotel Apt - Good option for Abu Dhabi Mall Area”

Al Manzel Hotel Apartments
Ranked #62 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed at the Al-Manzel Hotel Apartments on a recent business visit to Abu Dhabi. My work required me to be at the Abu Dhabi mall/Beach Rotana area and this was a good option as it was close to Abu Dhabi mall and a very nice hotel at the same time. The nice thing is you get a hotel of more or less the same quality as Beach Rotana but at a much lower price. I paid about $100 for a night and this included breakfast, which was nice.Note that going from this hotel to Abu Dhabi mall/Beach Rotana does involve a short walk across 2 fairly busy streets (one of the streets has an overhead walk-bridge). This was not an issue for me as I was travelling light. I was bumped up to a 1 bedroom studio at the hotel and it was very comfortable. This would be a good place for a family stay as well with the option of doing some cooking at the hotel. All in all, Al Manzel was good value for money considering good hotels in this part of Abu Dhabi tend to be priced much higher. Recommended!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Management-Al-Manzel, General Manager at Al Manzel Hotel Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Dear NivyUAE,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at Al Manzel Hotel Apartments, Abu Dhabi on TripAdvisor.

We are pleased to read your positive feedback on our quality, services, location and value for money.

Your valuable feedback and recommendation is highly appreciated and motivating for our Team, striving to continuously improve overall guest experience.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. We look forward to welcoming you soon again at Al Manzel Hotel Apartments, Abu Dhabi, UAE.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

We came to Abu Dhabi to visit our daughter and she arranged our stay in this hotel which is very close to her one bedroom flat. Our first impressions were very good. The staff were courteous and helpful. The hotel apartment was lovely and to have a working kitchen area was a most welcome surprise. The hotel was extremely popular as they didn't have a room for our first night and so we stayed in another hotel which wasn't on a par with the Al Manzel.
Our stay was for 12 days at Al Manzel which not only provided us with a most comfortable and convenient place to return to after a day's sightseeing but the use of a lovely pool to cool off in after a hot day, or first thing in the morning before venturing out, was terrific. Even in late February/early March the temperature was in the low 30 degrees c, so take plenty of sunscreen. It is expensive to buy out there but so are most things compared with the UK.

The hotel is conveniently situated close to a main highway where taxis are readily available. They are rather expensive compared to local buses, which incidentally are good. The taxi drivers are either very good or very bad. Unfortunately the taxi we hailed to take us to Dubai represented the latter. The driver managed to crash into road bollards in Dubai. No-one was hurt but did the driver apologise? No he didn't, so we vacated his taxi as quickly as possible.

Dubai is a must to visit but in Abu Dhabi visits to the Grand Mosque, the Emirate Palace Hotel (7 stars),The Family Corniche (beach), the Shangria Hotel for drinks on the patio overlooking the Grand Mosque, the Souks (the best are in Dubai) and the Malls are not to be missed.

Both my wife and I throughly recommend the Al Manzell Hotel and should we return to Abu Dhabi to visit ourdaughter, we will certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: We were on floor 14 with 3 floors of superior rooms above us but what more they could offer we can...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Create08

Dear Create08,

We are delighted to read your positive comments about our courteous and helpful staff, comfort, convenience and friendly atmosphere you experienced during your stay.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

We hope you plan to visit your daughter soon, and trust we may welcome you again as our valuable guest at Al Manzel Hotel Apartments, Abu Dhabi, UAE.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

The stay at Al Manzel was a delightful final to our trip to UAE. We wished to stay longer as the staff and the product itself made our stay a memorable one. Travelling with 3 small kids made the room with a fitted kitchen a perfect choice. We were generously upgraded to one bedroom apartment. Will certainly recommend.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank BlankaAtCosmopolitan

Dear BlankaAtImperial,

We are pleased to read you experienced a delightful and memorable stay with us.

Your valuable feedback and recommendation is highly appreciated and motivating for our Team. Striving to continuously improve our services, standards and facilities to enhance overall guest experience.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. We look forward to welcoming you and the family soon again at Al Manzel Hotel Apartments, Abu Dhabi, UAE.

Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for two months in this hotel. Rooms are well furnatured. Kitchen space is very good. Hotel location is wonderfull a walking space from abudhabi mall.

However the hotel was fully booked and the service was poor. Rooms were not cleaned well and they only change towels and bed cover.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Azaher1

Dear Azaher1,

We are delighted to read your positive comments about our elegant property, contemporary furnished/appointed suites, well equipped kitchen and superb location.
For our esteemed Long-Stay guests we provide daily housekeeping service whereby linen and frottee towels are changed three times weekly as a minimum standard.

As an “all-suite” Deluxe Hotel Apartment, we strive to combine the comprehensive service & facilities of a five star hotel with the discretion, comfort and security of a serviced residence.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

hotel is on good location waliking distance from abudhabi mall and financial hub salam street.room is good and breakfast is ordinary.

parking is a mess in the area.if you staying in hotel than please dont use your car.better to use taxi.otherwise its diffcult to find parking in area.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Amitraj1978

Dear Amitraj,

We are delighted to read your positive comments about our all-suite hotel, personalized services, facilities and location.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

As a woman who travels frequently on her own, I'm very particular as to where I stay, and quite often follow the reviews on trip advisor, so I like to leave my own experiences and feedback.
I stayed at The Al Manzel Hotel Apartments from 24th-28th Dec in a standard studio room really luxurious and modern feel/look.
From the moment I checked in I simply felt so welcomed and the staff were attentive and answered any of my questions immediately.
I woke up on Christmas Day to find a stocking full of chocolates hung on my bedroom door and then on Boxing Day I had some home made christmas tree and star shaped biscuits left in my room after it was cleaned, what a delightful and a touching thought! Small gestures go along way in my book.
The rooms are ginormous and spotlessly clean, complimentary tea and coffee are topped up daily, the bathroom was not worn or tatty as they can sometimes be, the hot water didn't run out so you can take a long shower. There are also English plug sockets in the room.
I only ate breakfast at the hotel on one morning as I preferred to go out and find new places, what was on offer was good, cereals, fruits, yoghurts, and an array of hot items omelettes, beans etc. Again the serving staff were very attentive, they would make your toast and bring it over to you, save standing around waiting.
The pool on the roof isn't massive but the whole area is manned and well kept, there are sun beds available and a corner bar area, I didn't use the gym facilities available.
The hotel rooms are sound proof not once did I hear anyone in any of the rooms beside me or was i woken up by the call to prayer, (I had bought my ear plug in preparation but didn't use them).
The hotel is in a good area (tourist area), 3min walk to the Abu Dhabi mall, you can pick up the hop on/off bus right outside the mall that will take you round all the main sites, there are restaurants within walking distance, if you don't want to use the well equipped kitchen.
Not once did I feel unsafe walking around at night/day, I used the local bus to get to and from the Marina mall which cost 2D much cheaper than a taxi.
I also took the bus to Dubai, the ticket was 25D one way, they run frequently from the main bus station, (the taxi journey from Al Manzel to bus station was 10D) the bus journey takes 2hours, and stops in the Bur Dubai side of Dubai, which is near all the souks, if you want to then get a cab to Dubai mall or that area I negotiated the driver down to 60D but I think a local bus also goes there. I was short on time so I just grabbed a cab.
I'd say my only moan would be having to pay for WIFI, it was 105D per 24hours, I personally think hotels should provide it to their guest free of charge.
To sum up I'd most definitely stay here again and also recommend it to others.

Room Tip: I requested a non smoking room away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Lone-Girl-Adventurer

Dear Lone-Girl-Adventurer,

We are delighted to read your positive comments about our personalized services, friendly hospitality, going the extra mile and small gestures provided during your stay.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

this is a very nice place to stay if you are looking for a central location nearby the business center and the night life. lots of bars and restaurants are at a walkable distance. price is reasonable for the town and the hotel is modern and well furnished.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Management-Al-Manzel, General Manager at Al Manzel Hotel Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Dear Luca,

We are delighted to read your positive comments and feedback, which encourages us to continuously enhance our services & facilities.