“Good value hearty tapas style Spanish cuisine”
Review of Bravo

Bravo
Ranked #208 of 2,658 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Immerse yourself in culinary delights at our award-winning Spanish restaurant. Providing outside seating and overlooking the Corniche, Bravo offers an array of traditional Spanish tapas and sangrias, served in a warm and cozy atmosphere.
Reviewed June 3, 2017

Bravo is a Spanish Tapas Restaurant and Bar located in the Sheraton Corniche in a building a little away from the main lobby area. It once overlooked the sea front circa 2004 but is still a pleasant setting above a water way and "beach" below the corniche extension.

Although there are now other Spanish restaurants in Abu Dhabi, Bravo is the longest running and mainly serves tapas although a selection of paellas are also offered on the menu which can be accessed through the Sheraton web site.

The service was reasonable and the decor somewhat unexciting though enhanced by a Spanish guitarist playing Latin staples such as Guadalajara albeit a little too loud in my opinion.

Tapas are typically small snacks served with drinks in most bars throughout Spain. At Bravo, they are substantially larger and really mini meals in themselves - good news if you are not particularly hungry. I was reasonably hungry so I ordered three tapas which was more than enough for 1 meal for one person.

First off was the Gambas al Ajilo described as shrimp, Guindilla pepper (a chilli pepper from the Basque region) in olive oil and garlic (AED 40). The dish was delicious with 4 large fresh succulent prawns in a slightly piquant garlic and olive oil sauce - perfect with the complimentary bread to mop up the flavours. My second order was the Espinicas a la Catalana (sauteed spinach, chick peas, pine nuts and raisins) - AED 25. This was also excellent with the pine nuts and raisins adding an exotic texture and flavour blending well with the spinach.

My third order of Flamenquinas De Carne (grilled beef roulades with cheese and vegetables) - AED 31, took a little longer to cook but was equally good and tasty although perhaps a little rich with the addition of cheese. Certainly filling.

All in all a very good concept especially for couples or larger groups where many dishes can be ordered to share. And for Abu Dhabi, the prices represent really quite good value.

Reviewed May 30, 2017

Had evening meal here eat tapas And the drink was Sangria the experience was very good well looked after food was plentiful couldn't fault the place very good

Reviewed May 24, 2017

Very disappointing visit to Bravo. The waiting staff were pretty good, keen to help and very helpful with the menu, however, they are being badly let down by what can only be described as incompetence from the kitchen.

I ordered a lamb dish and my wife a prawn and fish dish. They asked how I wanted the lamb cooked and I said medium rare. What came was an affront to Spanish cuisine. The lamb was only just bordering on medium well done, it as cool in terms of temperature giving me the impression it had been lying for a while, which would be in keeping with the length of time it took to prepare on what was not a busy night for them.

My wife's prawns were way overlooked as was the fish which was also dry. If a chef can't take the time to prepare his dishes with a little bit of passion then I suggest he may need to look at another vocation.

They did offer to replace but to be honest it was getting very late by this time and I had gone beyond the point of letting a poor chef waste my time any longer.

Can I recommend this, absolutely NOT. Will I return, NO CHANCE.

On another point, can I suggest that the hand rail by the wall at the outside seating is given a wipe on a daily basis as the sight of bird droppings is not a nice whilst eating or even resting your hand or arm.

Date of visit: May 2017
ManagerSheratonAUH, Manager at Bravo, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2017

Dear Mike,

Thank you for your valuable review.

I was very sad to read about your experience at Bravo, it is definitely not a regular case scenario for this restaurant. As you may see from the rest of the reviews on TripAdvisor, most of the guests praise the food quality and variety which is why I am highly concerned with your impression of the meal. Allow me to apologize for falling short of your expectations.

I would certainly like to avoid such instances from recurring in the future, therefore, I had a very detailed conversation with the restaurant manager about your visit. As I see from your comment, the team was happy to redo the lamb dish for you since it was not to your liking, however, it would take some time and you preferred to leave. Please rest assured that we take your comments very seriously, hence, the necessary improvements will be done immediately in terms of the food preparation process. Your valuable comments will be used for training purposes and the kitchen team will be instructed accordingly.

I have circulated you review amongst all the concerned departments and would like to reassure you that the actions will be taken in order to eliminate the existing concerns.

I am truly sorry that we failed to satisfy you on this particular occasion, however, I hope that you will still consider returning to Bravo. I will be pleased to speak to you directly if you have any further comments or questions do not hesitate to get in touch with me directly at Max.Venturelli@starwoodhotels.com.

Looking forward to serving you again in future.

Warm Regards,
MAX VENTURELLI
Complex Director of Operations

Reviewed May 18, 2017

Lovely, friendly restaurant attached to the Sheraton Hotel. Food was lovely. We had a set meal, which included the choice of several starters, choice of paella and sweets. They also have a happy hour where cocktails are half price and a Spanish guitar player. You can sit inside or out. Worth a visit

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed April 25, 2017

We had a fantastic meal here, our children had pizza but we had the tapas - buffet option available with certain alcohol. Delicious! We sat outside on the terrace or there is an indoor area.

Date of visit: April 2017