“Great at night”

$160.00*
Abu Dhabi City Tour with Grand Mosque and Ferrari World from Dubai
Ranked #2 of 148 things to do in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed February 9, 2014

There's free parking available inside the building. The sight at night is great, since the Palace is well lit.

1  Thank vdg_brazil
There are newer reviews for Emirates Palace

Reviewed February 9, 2014

This "palace" is a Beautiful hotel with a wonderful entrance, fountains and gardens, absolutely Worth seeing.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

This hotel has an impressive entrance and is well worth to pay a visit. I understood that other travellers recommend to have lunch here, but I only paid a visit to look at all decorations and shops in the entrance hall. The most interesting part is the ATM where you can buy real pieces of gold.
The hotel is on walking distance from the boulevard Corniche, so you can easy combine these two "attractions".

Reviewed February 5, 2014

amazing, impressive and fun! Enjoyed it very much. This was a special place for us after a fantastic morning

Reviewed February 4, 2014

I made a special trip to the Emirates Palace, hoping to have a full afternoon tea. The Lounge area where tea is served was not very crowded, despite the large, noisy tour groups constantly passing through the lobby and lounge area.
My afternoon tea started off on an irritating note that colored the entire experience. When I asked the young gentleman about afternoon tea, he said that I couldn't have the afternoon tea because I didn't book in advance; apparently, they prepare the food in advance. He seemed very flustered with my request, and his body language felt very tense, as if he was trying to discourage me from sitting down in one of the many open seats. I was well-groomed, and dressed in a suitable, short-sleeved shirt and long pants, certainly not any more casual than other guests and tourists in the immediate area, so I couldn't understand his flustered attitude.
Finally, he said he would check to see if they had any "extra" afternoon teas available. Sure enough, they managed to find some "extra" afternoon teas that could be served to me. He made sure that I sat on the perimeter of the lounge area, again making the whole experience awkward and tense. For a hotel that bills itself as "seven-stars," my simple attempt to have an afternoon tea (one that costs approx. $US75) was thwarted by clumsy, unprofessional service. There are gracious ways to treat paying customers -- whether or not you have availability in your restaurant -- and the fact that I felt stonewalled by his awkward, terse behavior soured the experience.
The tea itself was okay, as I opted for the Arabic version, which includes some mezzo and Arabic sweets. The quality of the food was good, but it didn't seem like the kind of food that has been assiduously prepared for a strict number of reservation-only customers. In fact, much of it seemed lukewarm in both texture and taste, as if it had been sitting under heat lamps. There were some savory pies -- slightly cool and rubbery, as if left over from the morning's breakfast buffet -- a small mezze plate; small, fresh scones with the usual clotted cream, and a nice selection of Arabic sweets.
It was a perfectly acceptable afternoon tea, and I expected the mark-up for being in the Emirates Palace. But if you're going to pay for the Emirates Palace mark-up, at least one should receive decent service. The waiter could tell I was irritated with him, and he kept his distance. So much distance that I felt largely ignored by him, as he readily invited other guests to sit wherever they wanted. You shouldn't invite literally busloads of tourists into your hotel lobby, and then deny me (I wasn't part of a group) good service when I actually want to PAY for a meal. I now understand why the guidebooks recommend the St. Regis and other places for tea.

2  Thank DKYoga