Beit Al Mamlouka
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Damascus
See available hotels
  • Pool
Palm Village(Damascus)
Al Yam(Damascus)
View Hotel
All reviewschristian quarterold citydamascene housebeautiful boutique hotelstayed nightsbeitsuitecourtyardheartcharacterdrawingtreasure
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 16, 2011

Staying at Beit Al Mamlouka was one of the most important experiences in my life. The staff was very welcoming and helpful; they always do an extra step to make your stay enjoyable. Rooms are decorated in a very beautiful way with lovely traditional furniture. The service was extremely perfect; everything is clean in the room. The hotel is located in the center of the old city and it is close to many good restaurants and sights of old Damascus. I highly recommend Beit Al Mamlouka Hotel when you visit Syria.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Troy976
Reviewed May 21, 2011

Al Mamlouka is my home when I visit Damascus, every year towards the end of Ramadan I visit Damascus and stay here, with group of friends from different parts of the world, Being from Damascus myself, Al Mamlouka make me proud to every year show different friends my beautiful and beloved city
Tony, and all Al Mamlouka team, thank you

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wael B
Reviewed April 8, 2011

We were unable to stay at this hotel due to Australia's official travel advisory warning against non-essential travel to Damascus at this time following the recent political unrest, which has yet to be fully resolved.
It turns out that you need to cancel more than 15 days before arrival, lest you be charged for 1 night's accommodation. (The full amouint if within 2 days - it being usual for only one night's accom to be charged in this instance.) At around 250 USD seemed a high price to pay to cancel for these reasons a week ahead of arrival.
Particularly at this time when such unrest in this region can flare up in a matter of days if not hours, it may be best to avoid booking hotels that have such a stringent policy strictly applied.

Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 31, 2011

My gf and I stayed here for three nights earlier in March. The rooms are well appointed and clean, the breakfast tasty and the location nice. The only thing I'd take points away from would be the service. You can get things done but you have to look for it as nobody is really outwardly helpful.

I'll admit, I'm comparing this to several riads that we stayed in while in Morocco in 2009. Those were some of the best places we ever stayed so it was going to be tough to match up to it no matter what.

One other gripe I have is about the laundry. In the hotel binder in every room there is a page with four services. One of those is laundry. The other three services were clearly complimentary and there was no sheet anywhere in the room regarding price for laundry so I figured it was also complimentary. That might seem like an odd assumption, but again, we had complimentary laundry done for us in Morocco and the context with which it is written in their binder I don't think it was a huge leap to come to that conclusion. Anyway, it ended up being $30. Had I known that I would have found elsewhere to do it.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 15, 2011

The rooms are outstanding, as well as the center garden. The service is impecable and you can´t beat the location. Compared with other hotels with the ame quality around Damascus, it´s very affordable.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family