“Fantastic Hotel with lovely staff.”
Review of Al Pasha Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Damascus
Al Pasha Hotel
Ranked #11 of 24 Damascus B&B and Inns
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Hotel with lovely staff.”
Reviewed May 4, 2011

My husband and I stayed for four nights at the Al Pasha Hotel from 1 April. We travelled with Jules Verne. The hotel was perfect. It was a beautifully restored old Damascene House and was beautifully appointed and tranquil with several indoor courtyards. In the main one, a song bird seranaded us. In another, we had breakfast. The bedrooms and bathrooms were beautifully appointed in authentic Syrian style. We were there during the unrest but saw and heard nothing. Damascus is amazing and we loved the Syrian people. Our hotel was in the Christian quarter and we had easy access to some lovely restaurants. Straight Street was just minutes away and so, too, were the souqs and most of the main attractions.

The staff in the hotel could not have been kinder and more helpful and even let me use the hotel computer as, due to the troubles, all foreign mobile networks were down and I could not get access on the hotel internet laptop. I was allowed to use the hotel computer as often as I wished, which was great to keep in touch with family who were worried about us.

I hope I can return to Damascus one day once the country is at peace and I would certainly stay at the Al Pasha.

• Stayed April 2011

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Owl's Head, Maine
Reviewed April 21, 2011

Al Pasha is a cozy and beautifully decorated small hotel in the old city, convenient to everything. Our suite was large and airy and the bathroom well appointed, decorated with a charming mosaic mural. The furniture was typically Syrian of inlaid wood; the bed truly comfortable. But of course, what makes a good stay are the people and we were not disappointed. All were gracious and helpful. Breakfast was laid out in a sunny courtyard and was good. Internet was readily available, helpful during the unrest (which we incidentally did not experience in our 9 day stay, aside from some cheerful pro-Assad gatherings).We were able to take many walks along the Street called Straight to the bazaar and to Naranj for dinner. Street snacks were available near the tiny park on the street and were delicious.
One touch which we loved was the song bird in a cage outside our room who gave us recitals in the morning and seemed quite happy in his digs.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
new york
Reviewed December 29, 2010

you can't beat this hotel for location, right in the middle of the old city.
Charming hotel, with very helpful staff and beautiful courtyards.
the rooms are huge and well decorated with Syrian furniture, bathrooms are perfectly appointed. Wireless is free and marble floors are heated (I can't tell you how much these two details are appreciated by travelers, right?)
Next time i will ask for a room that doesn't face the breakfast courtyard though, as it gets noisy early in the morning.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Atlantic City, New Jersey
Reviewed November 23, 2010

I stay at this hotel for trip to Damascus with friends from work. I have to say that I was presently surprised (Positive) by my hotel. My friends were staying in a hotel near Bab Touma, but I was looking for something near Via Recta. This area is the most important place at the Old Cityn. I was glad that I choose this hotel. It is located 2 steps from Via Recta, 5 min walking from St. Paul & St. Hananias, in the middle of the souks and 15 min walking to Azem Palace & Umayad Mosque. The rooms were perfect, but I was gone most of the time and they have free Wi-Fi, Gym & Sauna & Jaccuzzi as well. So Al Pasha Hotel is the best choice, central but quiet location.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank travelbird0
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 14, 2010

We stayed at the Al Pasha for 3 nights on the first leg of a tour with Voyage Jules Verne. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel is located just off the Via Recta in a quiet side road and is well situated for many of the sites of the city. The room was clean and comfortable with access to a rooftop terrace. The hotel is decorated in the Arabic style similar to a Moroccan riad, very pleasing. If you are wanting a traditional experince in great surroundings this is the place for you.

• Stayed October 2010
1 Thank SpeedyTravellers
Reviewed October 21, 2010

A friend of mine from Italy advices me to stay there. Perfect location, very nice & friendly staff, amazing GM "that's way the staff is very good...I think". Above all: very nice rooms and very clean, free Internet, and I didn't know that the SPA is free as well but the front desk told me.... Overall : a very good hotel to feel the history of Damascus.

• Stayed October 2010
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 28, 2010

The Al Pasha is fairly new in the Old city of Damascus. Located next to Bab Al Sharqi the main disadvantages I can see are that it is a good 15-20 minute walk from the Omayyad Mosque and the Citadel (which is a long way in the heat) and that it is located mainly in the Christian quarter - which can be an issue if you are after Halaal food all the time. Also, the fact that it was so new meant taxi drivers were not always aware of its location.

But those issues aside, what you will find in Al Pasha hotel is essentially a boutique hotel done up to exacting standards. In my opinion, the blend between traditional Syrian design and modern comforts is excellent. It is comfortable, the staff are wonderful and never pushy, the rooms are luxurious to a degree and the service is professional.

I visited with my wife and 10 week old baby (I know, its crazy) and we not only enjoyed ourselves in this beautiful city but Al Pasha hotel was a welcome place to return to from a long day catching up on thousands of years of history. If you stay here, you will not regret it.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank DrWajid

Been to Al Pasha Hotel? Share your experiences!