“Beautiful hotel in great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Beit Akbik Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Damascus
Beit Akbik Hotel
Ranked #14 of 61 Hotels in Damascus
Brisbane, Australia
“Beautiful hotel in great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

Stayed at Beit Akbik hotel in March 2010 and it was just wonderful. The hotel was perfect, the staff were friendly and the breakfast each morning was truly delicious. The location on Straight Street is easy walking distance to pretty well everything you want to see.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Catweaz1e

Nicosia, Cyprus
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

I stayed here and was not disappointed. I based my selection on tripadvisor recommendations and found that the hotel was everything the reviews said.
The rooms are small but the design is great. The breakfast was very nice and so was the garden it was situated in.
The hotel is a short walk from most of the attractions in central Damascus.
My only complaint was that after checkout I ordered a coffee and the hotel did not have any change to give me, forcing me to walk around for 20 minutes looking to buy something to change a large note.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2012 via mobile

.I stayed here for a week in late November,I was the only guest due to the situation there and I can say I was tested like a queen The staff couldn't do enough for me. They went the extra mile,I broke my glasses one night and the staff rushed out to find an optometrist to replace my frames.Breakfast every morning was fabulous and more than enough to keep you going all day. The manager was extra helpful and arranged my ongoing travel to Lebanon. It was a wonderful oasis to come into after a day out ,very cosy. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel for its ambience and the attentive staff, made my stay so memorable.

Stayed November 2011
3 Thank Diane B
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2011

We stayed in this hotel in March 2011 for a week and enjoyed our stay very much. It is clean, has really nice facilities and the staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are beautiful decorated and furbished! And in addition, it is perfectly situated in walking distance to restaurants (a good one is right opposite the street), the Omayad mosque and the basars. Visiting Damascus and live right one the via recta - wonderful! We fully recommend this hotel!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Kai L
Kerikeri, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2011

We recently independently toured Syria for 2 weeks and can only rave about the place and its people. We saw no trouble what so ever and have never felt more safe. The location of Beit Akbik is perfect, on Straight street in old Damascus within walking distance of the major sights and adjacent to the Roman Arch.

A beautiful Damascene house with courtyard ,well maintained and clean with excellent staff in Marua and Corim (think this is how you spell it) Because of the political unrest we were the only guests at the hotel and just about the only tourists in Syria. Marua could not do enough to help and guide us and she really is a treasure. Our room was comfortable with traditional furniture and a small bathroom all spotless. Breakfast was included and we loved the jams, hummus and yoghurt. We would just say though that after 4 days it got a bit monotonous and a variation would have been appreciated. We were offered eggs but only on the first day and there was only flat bread. Some croissant or rolls would have been nice .

Syria is truly wonderful and we are so glad we went. The people are the most gracious, friendly and genuine that we have met on our many travels and we would love to return one day.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank KiwichickAuckland
Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2011

Everything in Beit Akbik Hotel is really excellent; people here serve you in a very friendly and proficient way at the same time. The breakfast was so delicious in this little courtyard. Our Room was very clean and very comfortable. They even organized a Tour for us to Aleppo with a very reasonable rate. I really love this Hotel and I strongly recommended to anyone.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank AngelWings808
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2011

We spent four nights at Beit Akbik and I would recommend it.

Overall I thought Damascus was rather expensive for hotels compared with the prices for food. However, we found Beit Akbik very well located where the Muslim, Christian and Jewish quarters meet in the old city. It was easy to walk to the souk, to the mosques and to the churches we wanted to see. Naranj the best restaurant in town was only a block away.

The staff were friendly and helpful.

Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank anthropology

Been to Beit Akbik Hotel? Share your experiences!