“Great Hotel, good beds, great service.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Al-Madinah / City Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Damascus
Al-Madinah / City Hotel
Ranked #11 of 72 Hotels in Damascus
Rotterdam
“Great Hotel, good beds, great service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2010

Great hotel to start and end your travels in Syria. ( or stay all the time). I travelled low budget but started in the City hotel. Beautiful hotel, very friendly and helpfull staff, good beds, clean, some rooms have a bathtub! Lovely to return to and have all this luxury and a warm welcome again! Hot water, great breakfast. Walking distance from the national museum and the city centre. I would surely reconsider going there again!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Polish first
Cerreto d'Esi, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2010

We were 4 people and we spent 3 nights in the Al-Madinah City Hotel in the Christmas period. The Hotel is very good and they have refurbished the Hall and the majority of the rooms. The Hotel is clean and well managed.
The Manager Mr. Tarek is a very kind person and he knows how to support a guest.
He helped us to get around Damascus as well as organizing a trip around the Country, suggesting and contacting for us a professional company.
I want to thank the Hotel Management for the support and for providing us with a pleasant stay in Damascus.

Athens
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2010

It is a beatiful, well located hotel, with comfortable and clean rooms, decorated in traditional syrian style, with excellent service. It is about 10 minutes walking distance from the old town, no noisy, with traditional syrian delicious breakfast. The manager and the staff are very helpful. It is avery good choice and if we go back, we will definitely stay there again.

Boston, Massachussetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2010

This hotel is very well run and very attractive with traditional Syrian mother of pearl motifs everywhere. While it is relatively expensive by Syrian standards, by Western standards it is extremely reasonable for the quality of the rooms and the level of service. It's about a 10 - 15 minute walk from the gates of the old city, near a lot of new city restaurants. I'd recommend it to anyone who wants a real Syrian (rather than Western chain) hotel that is clean, attractive, and well located for tourism. I was able to book rooms through email with the manager and the whole process went quite smoothly.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Lausanne
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2010

I spent 3 days in Damascus during 2009 Xmas holidays. I am a fan of the Old Damascus and I go there regularly for vacations. Usually I stay at the Afamia in the down town. This time Afamia did not have availability so I had to go to Al Madina. Al Madina is a similar hotel, same category and close to Afamia.

Al Madina has a nice and big reception area.The Hotel's lobby is well-decorated with a typical Syrian furniture. My room was conformable but unfortunately small and dark. The room had only one small window and did not have any external view. From my room I could see only the hotel's patio

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Xmas08
nat666
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2009

I stayed here with some friends at the beginning of December. We had intially decided to stay 2 nights but we loved the hotel so much we stayed longer. The hotel rooms are clean and nicely appointed, the bathrooms are functional. The hotel has the most beautiful foyer with fabulous wood carvings and inlay-very traditional. But what sets this hotel apart is the staff. Everyone was super friendly and very helpful. On the last day I had trouble packing my case (bought way too much stuff!) and the staff rushed round for over an hour getting me boxes and helping me pack the more fragile items.
I have stayed in 5 star hotels were the service of staff was not as good as what I experienced here.

Brussels
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2009

The location is great about 10 minutes walking distance to the old city (the street of Damascus are very safe even at night)

The rooms are cleans, maybe a little small, but good price.

The hotel is very beautiful with good breakfast and advice from the staff.

I totally recommand it.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Been to Al-Madinah / City Hotel? Share your experiences!