“Lovely, charming, outstanding service”
Review of Beit Rumman Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Damascus
Beit Rumman Hotel
Ranked #25 of 61 Hotels in Damascus
San Francisco, California
“Lovely, charming, outstanding service”
Reviewed April 6, 2011

I love to stay in boutique hotels and Beit Rumman is one of the BEST! The hotel is gorgeous. There's a courtyard with a fountain, a wine bar downstairs, and a rooftop deck - so many places to relax with a glass of wine or a cup of tea. The rooms (we stayed in 3 different ones during our time in Syria/Lebanon) were darling. Perfectly appointed, very clean, and cozy (in a good way). The breakfast served every morning was delicious! So delicious that we didn't need lunch! And the staff. I can't say enough about how friendly and helpful they were from arranging drivers for us to giving us dinner recommendations to arranging for me to watch how their chef makes mahalabia. Our stay in Syria was fantastic and I can't wait to go back. We will definitely stay at Beit Rumman on our next trip.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed April 3, 2011

To date I have stayed at this hotel three times and if I return to Damascus again I shall not hesitate to book a room here. It truly feels like a home away from home. I am exceptionally meticulous about cleanliness and a rather luxurious bed and the Beit Rumman does not disappoint. Without any hesitation I give this hotel five stars across the board. On other occasions when I have been unable to book a room here I have stayed at other Beit's in the Old City and I could not but help compare other hotels to this one and wish that rooms had not been fully booked. The location is simply exceptional and the breakfast marvelous!

Room Tip: Ask for the honeymoon suite!
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 1, 2011

I can only repeat and emphasise all that KeaMorecambe said on 21 March. We stayed twice during March 2011 - for 3 nights at the beginning of our trip in a suite, and then for the last night in a standard room. Arriving that evening after a long coach ride from Aleppo was like coming home without the thought of all the jobs to do!
In addition I have to confess that I used the services of Ibrahim while planning our trip round Syria and he was incredibly knowledgeable and helpful in equal measure.

1 Thank SimonQueensPark
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 26, 2011

The Beit Rumman was a charming old merchants house just a few minutes from Straight Strret in Old Damascus.Good 4 course breakfast with friendly service The rooms were situated around a delightful courtyard with a fountain.There was a roof terrace at the top of the house offering peace and tranquility.

Morecambe, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 21, 2011

We stayed in March 2011 for 6 nights and can highly recommend the hotel, especially room 5, which was beautifully decorated and quiet. The hotel is an old Damascene House built around a courtyard with a small fountain. It is in the Christian quarter of the World Heritage Unesco Old Town, handy for many sights, restaurants and bars, and very near to a taxi rank for all other sights. The staff were very helpful and obliging and spoke very good english, the breafast was good, comprising fruit, cheese olives, cold meats, eggs, toast, bread and preserves. Tea/coffee and juice. There is a roof top terrace which was lovely to sit on and watch the sun set. Loved it!

Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed March 20, 2011

It was really an excellent experience for all the family: high quality and professionnalism at all levels. The old Damascene recently renovated house is a place full of charm, design and "care of details".
The stuff was exceptionnaly kind and helpfull. It seems that the customer satisfaction is a priority there...
The double room has a king size bed, 2 adults and a young child can sleep on it.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 19, 2011

One of my most favorite hotels in the world.
Been there twice now, and I would definitely stay there again.
staff is so friendly and helpful.
location is perfect to see old damascus.
and they have excellent access to tour guides.
breakfast in the courtyard is just magical.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Been to Beit Rumman Hotel? Share your experiences!