“One of the worst travel experiences...”
Review of Ezdan Hotel

Ezdan Hotel
Ranked #30 of 135 Hotels in Doha
Longyearbyen, Norway
“One of the worst travel experiences...”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My company had arranged for me to stay at Ezdan for 2 months from January till March 2013. It was truly one of the worst experiences I have ever had in a hotel. Looking past the ancient and filthy decor, the "many services" the hotel provided were terrible. The staff was extremely rude for no reason, and every time I wanted to simply order food to my room, it would take over an hour for someone to answer the phone from either the restaurant or the over-priced supermarket. When they did answer, they would also be rude over the phone and they would deliver almost an hour later or more.

Now when it comes to the food, you'd think paying 50 riyals for a serving of pasta would mean that it is good quality food. On the contrary, it was nauseating and might as well have been made out of cardboard. The presentations of the various foods I had ordered during my stay were also appetite-killers. I did not enjoy any of the meals I had, and I tried many of them.

As for the supermarket, the prices are ridiculous.

My 2nd week into this stay, I realized that cleanliness was not a term that anyone used in the hotel. As I was staying in the hotel apartment, walking around the small kitchen, I saw rust everywhere, broken marble, some unexplainable large patches of dirt that would not come off. Whenever room service came to clean the room, they would merely vacuum and change the towels and wipe the bathroom floor. Totally skipping over the layers and layers of dust floating around the room, that had probably never been cleaned. And other dirty areas of the room that I could not bring myself to clean, not wanting to find out what the dirt was.

And I have to mention that my A/C broke down 3 weeks in and no matter how many times I asked for maintenance to fix it, they never did. So I had to purchase a mini fan to be able to survive the hotter days.

Almost 2 months in, I could not stay in that hotel anymore, I was disgusted, miserable, and more than willing to pay for my own stay in any other hotel to avoid this horrible experience.

When I found out how much my company was paying for my room in Ezdan, I was shocked and later managed to make them move me to a 5-star hotel that charged the same amount!

Overall, I would highly recommend that people steer clear of this place to avoid going through this TERRIBLE experience. I would never stay at this hotel again, even if I was paid thousands to.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank Miki C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (472)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Staff are rude, windows dirty, hallways dark and smell. The shower, well it's just a shower and you don't to hang about. Rooms are well over priced!

Bringing female friend back at 11pm, security guard starts shooting as if we are involved in some major crime. ID, ID - excuse me Madame but can you please register at front desk would have been better.

Ok for 1 month, no longer!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank MrMichael2013
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I stayed there for a month, service sucks employees are unprofessional and they are unorganized big time. I had to buy my own cable to be able to use the Internet as well as the security deposit I paid, it took them over 20 days to pay it back.

• Stayed April 2013
4 Thank WRagheb
Doha
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I stayed here for a long term stay arranged by my company - first impression, it was just awful. Stayed here for 6 months and the worst place I havent lived in my whole entire life and I have been to many places. Stayed in a one bedroom apartment for QR11000 per month. The room looks tired with 60's like furniture. Kitchen smell and the safety looks horrid and scary. All i have to do later is just to find a new apartment... Check others and way better that Ezdan...really really awful place to say, i just cant find one nice word to say about this place!

Please dont stay here at all... you live to REGRET IT!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Nothing at all - just change the whole area
5 Thank Eona I
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Thank God that i didn't stay there, i just visited a friend over there...
i couldn't help my anger after the visit so i had to share it with everyone so they can know how horrible this place is.

This is a residential hotel, means ppl stay there for weeks if not months.

i went to visit my friend who is staying there with few other friends we though we can have some dinner at his place and then hit the road.

at the reception we were stopped by a security guard, he was speaking to us as if we are doing a crime !, he asked us for IDs! all of us even who don't have IDs they had to bring IDs from the car, when we asked to speak to his supervisor because of his extremely rude , his supervisor came and was even worse! he didn't allow us because we had a girl among our friends, saying that girls are not allowed to visit! we spoiled our day and wasted time an energy with ppl who don't listen and not even sure about their rules and regulations.

this place is horrible, extremely disrespectful and staff are unbelievably rude.
if you want to stay there, you have to be anti social or so have no other place to stay in in whole Qatar!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
6 Thank MohamedElgallad
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed April 13, 2013

This place is so rundown it is a joke! I booked for a month but left after two weeks, because it is just bad and complaints are dealed with in the most snotty and high handed manner you think it is a lie. To book for a month you have not only to pay in advance for the overnight stay, but they also ask you a full month lease as deposit. You cant get any refund if you leave earlier!
The room I got was filthy, towel rail broken and smelled badly of cigarette smoke, although I requested non-smoking room. The pool is under repair (February 2013-???? At least for 3months they said) so you cant use it, but no discount for that. Whole pool area is a construction side!
You will meet unhappy and angry customers on a daily base at the reception.

2 Thank Pedersen_13
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed April 9, 2013

The property location is nice but maintenance is obviously poor. Personnel needs training from front offcie to housekeeping. Food is awful and tent venue of Cherry Blossom needs serious refurbishment.

Room Tip: Make sure you specify your requirement and ask for offcial reconfirmation.