“Excellent choice for travelers on budget”

Al Mourouj Inn Hotel
Ranked #127 of 137 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed November 21, 2010

The hotel is considered one of the cheapest in Doha, so I was not expecting much when I first arrived. Like any other 2 star hotel, you do not expect the service to be good, but in Al mourouj inn, it was very good. The staff was very attending and friendly. The room was a bit tiny with no space to sit. It had 2 beds, TV, fridge, desk & chair. Bathroom cleanliness was average. The tile of the bathroom was not that clean and it needed some major work, but the amenities provided were alot and the kind where you dont usually get in a 2 star hotel. Breakfast was ok, but the food did not look fresh. For example, scrambled eggs were served cold, and there was only one waiter, who was extremely helpful, but had to wait on more than 5 tables. Free public parking is always available in front of the hotel, so this is a plus if you drive. Free internet inside rooms as well!

The bottomline is this : If you just want a place to sleep and dont want to spend a fortune, this is the place to go. The level of cleanliness is acceptable, but the service is excellent and Wonderful .

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
4  Thank A-Villan

Reviewed October 27, 2010

The hotel has very small room
No carpet , small bed bad cover
Breakfast with no much option

If you only need to sleep one night without needing to spend much money you could stay here if your alone
But not good for family
For me I cancel my reservation and go to another hotel

• Stayed: October 2010
2  Thank Juststart
Reviewed October 6, 2010

… or maybe less… so do not expect anything special here. If you want discover Doha by foot (what an idea??) you get to the central pearl monument in half an hour. The stuff was extremely friendly and helpful though, room where clean and simple, free wireless internet. I dont know about general prices in Doha but found the Al Mourouj Inn Hotel slightly overpriced for what it is.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank HelmutNassauer
Reviewed April 16, 2010

This was the worst place i have ever stayed in... This shouldn´t be called a ´´hotel´´ this is NOT a 3 star hotel...this doesn´t even deserve 1 star! This place is bad, ugly absolutely terrible! Me and my husband only stayed here for some hours because we lost a connection flight as this was Qatar airways fought, they put us here until our next flight...we arrived there and it was so bad that we decided to take a walk and by walk I mean a 13 hour walk in Doha to wait for our flight instead of waiting in this terrible place!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank xanaLisbonPortugal
Reviewed May 5, 2009

This is the rudest hotel I have ever been in and I travel the globe many times a year! We called them up before making the reservations and asked if they had a proper bed for our toddler. Of course, they said, Oh, we will take care of your baby. We arrive in the hotel and we put our toddler in the play pen ( bed) to play a little bit. It had not even been ten minutes and she was reaching out for me and she fell out of the bed head first onto the cold hard floor! We went to reception and asked for a higher bed. They had nothing. They pretended to care about the baby but all they were worrying about is money. We told them we then had to find another hotel with a proper bed. They, cold heartedly said, well, you won't get your money back! I was astonished. He was rude and could not have cared less if our baby died of the accident. They are rude here and will not help you if you need something. Do not go to this hotel! Oh, they said free wireless in the room. Ours did not work. The shower was broken. The photo here with all the flowers is NOTHING what it is like! Avoid this like the plague!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank nanook422
Reviewed April 5, 2009

I had noticed this hotel as it was close to the office I had to visit. Price was quoted as QR375/night with breakfast. Location not too bad, being a walk away from the corniche, Islamic museum and the new souk area.
However.... room was terrible, though I did stay there 3 nights. See pictures. Room was very small, mould around the shower and the wash basin. View from my room was non-existent.
Breakfast started at 7am which was too late for me so I can't comment. I did try to go to the restaurant in the evening though - and walked out. I just was not impressed with the service or presentation of the restaurant at all - I went to the Albatross in the Al Bustan Hotel about 100m away (highly recommended if a bit pricey on a budget).
There were 'slippers' provided - again see pics - but number of previous users not known! They also required some payment up front in cash.
Staff were OK, parking difficult. Will not be staying again. There are better budget hotels about (like La Villa not too far away).
There may be better rooms in the hotel....
On a positive note, internet was free and good.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank johnybegud
Reviewed March 22, 2009

Staying in a hotel is rather expensive, so I was glad to find a hotel where I could get a single room for only 400 riyal (slightly more than 80 euros), breakfast and taxes included.
To be honest, it is a simple hotel, but it is near the heart of the old centre of Doha, only 15 minutes walking from the Souk-al-Waqf. Also the service is good: there is lot of stuff in the room, like a sewing kit and shoe polish and so on.
The single room was not very big, but of sufficient size and the breakfast was also simple, but sufficient. But there is much construction work in Doha and next to the hotel there was much another building under construction. That caused much dust and the window of my room was quite filthy. When I complained about that, the receptionist immediately proposed to give a another room, what I refused, as I wanted to stay only one more night. Another exemple of the good service was the fact that the receptionist stamped and brought my postcards to the post-office, as I couldn't find one close by and the main post-office was far away.
The Museumstreet is a rather quiet street now, but I don't know if it will stay that quiet as there is construction work near the museum next to the hotel; perhaps there will be more traffic was that work will be finished.
Short: A simple hotel with a friendly staff for a good price. I would say: go for it!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled solo