“Outdated and Over Sold”
Review of Plaza Inn Doha

Plaza Inn Doha
Ranked #61 of 140 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

While the location is good, near to the airport, also checking in and out was very efficient. There was no wi-fi or international outlets. The room was quite large but horribly outdated with patches in the bathtub and holes in the carpet. The swimming pool area is very basic and has no shallow-end.
There was no a la carte menu for breakfast. Only buffet.
Basically, bad option for kids.

• Stayed: July 2013
Len T, Public Relations Manager at Plaza Inn Doha, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are glad to know that you appreciate our location as well as our check-in and checkout process, I am passing your comments to the team knowing that it will serve as an inspiration.

I would like to apologize for not being able to inform you regarding the availability of Wi-Fi in the room while the international outlets if found missing can be provided by the Housekeeping. The interaction with our F&B staff regarding the confusion that there is no A la Carte breakfast has been raised and your experience will be used as a training exercise for the whole department.

You may also be interested to know that we will be starting a full refurbishment of the hotel soon to deliver a superior service for you and other guests in the future. I would take pleasure in welcoming you back after our refurbishment so that you can experience the hotel as it was meant to be.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Went to doha to visit my daughters, stayed at bestwestern with my husband for 1week. We had a great experience, our room in the 10th floor is the best, very spacious, nicely decorated and an amazing view specially at night. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Love the breakfast buffet with live egg cooking station. The business lunch completes the package, we availed it every single day as it is not only very affordable but most importantly food is so great. You get a bread basket immediately upon arrival, the lentil soup is my favorite...a lot of options to choose from soup to desert. Menus are different every day and service is excellent. I will definitely stay here again.

Location is close to airport, traditional souq and shopping malls.

Room Tip: View in the rooms are breathtaking.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Len T, Public Relations Manager at Plaza Inn Doha, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at BEST WESTERN Hotel Doha.
Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. I am passing on your comments to everyone concerned knowing that it will serve as an inspiration to our staff to continue their efforts.

We appreciate your patronage and hope that you will stay with us again next time you are in Doha. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

My husband and I had stayed at this hotel last year and had truly enjoyed our stay which is what made us stay at this hotel this time without a second thought. It is located on the Doha Corniche which gives you access to all the vital areas that any tourist would be interested to reach to with minimal hassle.

We had booked a classic room for both my husband and I and were shocked from the moment we reached. The check-in process was straight forward but it took around 4 calls to the reception to finally get our bags to our room. The room was too small and cluttered with no space for us to move; even the toilet was bigger and more spacious than the room. Trying to close the curtains completely was impossible because a few of the hooks were pulled out so we had to close the curtains using my hair clip. Lying down on the crammed small double bed, staring at the ceiling to see the fluttering dust flakes from God knows when. These are only a few points not to mention the ignored calls to the housekeeping as well as requested that are left unattended.

Staying at this hotel was convenient but the customer service was way below acceptable standards. We surely will not be staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ssaade
lent866, Public Relations Manager at Plaza Inn Doha, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time in sharing a recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. At Best Western we strive every day to provide a superior customer service. I am sorry we weren't able to do that for you. We will use the feedback you gave us to implement improvements and ensure a better experience in the future.

Because we value your business, we would like to offer you a complimentary upgrade to Junior Suite to be used towards a future stay. When you’re ready to use this upgrade, please contact our Reservations Manager (Ms. Cindy Landiza) directly and she will personally assist you with your reservation. You can reach her at +974 44221122, 55859201 or at email cindy@bestwesterndoha.com.

Please consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior service.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Good value for 39 QAR

Good service, clean, decent set menu for price.

Food could do with a little more seasoning, but would return due to good price.

I would return as it is well located for my office!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
BESTWESTERNHotelDoha, Public Relations Manager at Plaza Inn Doha, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent dining experience at BEST WESTERN Hotel Doha.

I am grateful for your positive comments and to know that you will continually choose to spend your lunch with us is truly rewarding specially for our Food and Beverage team. Moreover, I will share your comment to our Executive Chef to ensure that your suggestion will be addressed.

Looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Located in a central area of Doha, the hotel is a standard budget hotel with no pretentions .
Its a place where you can stay for 2/4days and go about your work .. The rooms are standard with all expected amenities .

The TV coverage was not offering much choice by way of channels and the clarity was not up to the mark..

While the rooms were all having internet connectivity, if you are only having a WIFI link ,then you have no choice but go to the lobby or dining area to operate your tablet or smart phone ..Thats rather inconvenient ...Unless this is made available , I will not opt for staying here again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the beach are the best .

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review following your recent stay at BEST WESTERN Hotel Doha.

While I was pleased to know that you appreciate our location and room amenities as well as our efforts to offer competitive rates, I was also dismayed to find out about your dissatisfaction on the clarity of our TV coverage and the failure of our staff to inform that we are offering both wired and wireless internet connection in all the rooms. I apologize for the inconvenience these incidents may have caused you.

In addition, your comment on the 31 available channels has been forwarded to the concerned department to ensure that this problem will be addressed immediately.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a week for business purposes. The staff were friendly, helpful, accommodating, attentive and polite.
My room was upgraded which I was extremely happy about, fruit waiting in my room upon arrival and the hotel staff were quick and friendly when i requested an iron/ironing board (arrived within 5 minutes).
Housekeeping were efficient and always left me extra sugar and creamer, I had to leave electronic items in my hotel room daily while I was away and they were always undisturbed and I felt very safe to stay here.
Breakfast was excellent, a large variety of food and the staff almost waited on me each morning. I wanted to order room service and try the food but I simply never had time in my busy schedule. Beds were comfortable and rooms were dark at night, everything was clean and plenty of amenities provided.
One of my better stays.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
BESTWESTERNHotelDoha, Public Relations Manager at Plaza Inn Doha, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write such a complimentary letter.

I am passing on your comments, knowing that it will serve as an inspiration to our staff to
continue their efforts.

We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us at the BEST WESTERN Hotel the next time you are in Doha. We look forward to your return.

Marketing and PR Manager

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Best Western Doha Hotel is built by converting an office building into a hotel. One may find design flaws in the lift lobby, corridors, etc. as the place was originally built as an ofgice building. Rooms come with a sumptuous American Breakfast. The suites are quite good with a view of Islamic Museum. Individual rooms on the right of lift lobby are small and without any view. Linen and toileteries provided was fine. No one anwers your call at Reception as I observed there is only one person to attend to everything in my two days stay. Their group hotel Al Seef Doha Hotel provides better service than this one.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms with view

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding a recent stay at BEST WESTERN Hotel Doha.

I apologize that your calls were left unanswered and will certainly look into the manning of the Front Office Department during this period. On the other hand, I am pleased that you enjoyed your suite with a view of the Qatar Islamic Museum along with the in-room breakfast.

In addition, your positive reception of our other property Al Seef Hotel is very much appreciated. Be assured that guest satisfaction for both hotels are top priorities to guarantee that we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Marketing and PR Manager