“Just had the business lunch....”
Review of Plaza Inn Doha

Plaza Inn Doha
Ranked #65 of 136 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Good value for 39 QAR

Good service, clean, decent set menu for price.

Food could do with a little more seasoning, but would return due to good price.

I would return as it is well located for my office!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
BESTWESTERNHotelDoha, Public Relations Manager at Plaza Inn Doha, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent dining experience at BEST WESTERN Hotel Doha.

I am grateful for your positive comments and to know that you will continually choose to spend your lunch with us is truly rewarding specially for our Food and Beverage team. Moreover, I will share your comment to our Executive Chef to ensure that your suggestion will be addressed.

Looking forward to your next visit!

Marketing & PR Manager

There are newer reviews for Plaza Inn Doha

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Located in a central area of Doha, the hotel is a standard budget hotel with no pretentions .
Its a place where you can stay for 2/4days and go about your work .. The rooms are standard with all expected amenities .

The TV coverage was not offering much choice by way of channels and the clarity was not up to the mark..

While the rooms were all having internet connectivity, if you are only having a WIFI link ,then you have no choice but go to the lobby or dining area to operate your tablet or smart phone ..Thats rather inconvenient ...Unless this is made available , I will not opt for staying here again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the beach are the best .

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review following your recent stay at BEST WESTERN Hotel Doha.

While I was pleased to know that you appreciate our location and room amenities as well as our efforts to offer competitive rates, I was also dismayed to find out about your dissatisfaction on the clarity of our TV coverage and the failure of our staff to inform that we are offering both wired and wireless internet connection in all the rooms. I apologize for the inconvenience these incidents may have caused you.

In addition, your comment on the 31 available channels has been forwarded to the concerned department to ensure that this problem will be addressed immediately.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Marketing & PR Manager

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a week for business purposes. The staff were friendly, helpful, accommodating, attentive and polite.
My room was upgraded which I was extremely happy about, fruit waiting in my room upon arrival and the hotel staff were quick and friendly when i requested an iron/ironing board (arrived within 5 minutes).
Housekeeping were efficient and always left me extra sugar and creamer, I had to leave electronic items in my hotel room daily while I was away and they were always undisturbed and I felt very safe to stay here.
Breakfast was excellent, a large variety of food and the staff almost waited on me each morning. I wanted to order room service and try the food but I simply never had time in my busy schedule. Beds were comfortable and rooms were dark at night, everything was clean and plenty of amenities provided.
One of my better stays.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
BESTWESTERNHotelDoha, Public Relations Manager at Plaza Inn Doha, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write such a complimentary letter.

I am passing on your comments, knowing that it will serve as an inspiration to our staff to
continue their efforts.

We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us at the BEST WESTERN Hotel the next time you are in Doha. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Best Western Doha Hotel is built by converting an office building into a hotel. One may find design flaws in the lift lobby, corridors, etc. as the place was originally built as an ofgice building. Rooms come with a sumptuous American Breakfast. The suites are quite good with a view of Islamic Museum. Individual rooms on the right of lift lobby are small and without any view. Linen and toileteries provided was fine. No one anwers your call at Reception as I observed there is only one person to attend to everything in my two days stay. Their group hotel Al Seef Doha Hotel provides better service than this one.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms with view

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding a recent stay at BEST WESTERN Hotel Doha.

I apologize that your calls were left unanswered and will certainly look into the manning of the Front Office Department during this period. On the other hand, I am pleased that you enjoyed your suite with a view of the Qatar Islamic Museum along with the in-room breakfast.

In addition, your positive reception of our other property Al Seef Hotel is very much appreciated. Be assured that guest satisfaction for both hotels are top priorities to guarantee that we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed here on a stopover and found it very convenient for the Souk, which is an amazing place, and the Islamic Museum.
They upgraded us to a suite which was very nice although I would have preferred more space in the bedroom rather than the large tv cabinet.
The breakfast was good as was the evening buffet.I am always wary of buffets because of the temperature at which the food is kept but after I had made my selection one of the staff took it away to heat it more in the microwave. Very helpful and attentive staff.
As I said at the beginning a good hotel for a stopover.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DottieB
BESTWESTERNHotelDoha, Public Relations Manager at Plaza Inn Doha, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing your feedback regarding a recent stay at our hotel. BEST WESTERN Hotel Doha is occupying a highly desirable location as it is also walking distance to the stunning Corniche, various government offices, banks and 5 minutes drive from the airport which makes it suitable for holidays or business stays too.

I am pleased to know that you’re happy with your suite. In addition, our Food and Beverage Department will be all the more inspired in serving delectable dishes matched with an outstanding service.

I hope that we will have another chance of providing you with a superior experience.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at +974 55841778.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

We stayed here for one night and we had a complimentary upgrade to a suite! That was nice of the hotel to do that even though we booked a basic room. Best Western Hotel Doha is nothing like the Best Western we know in the U.S. It is much nicer and the location of this hotel is great. It is within walking distance to the Corniche and it is about a 20 minutes walk to the Islamic museum, and 30 minutes walk to Souq Walif. As some of the reviewers noted, the free wifi is not very strong. It would be nice if the signal was stronger. It cost about 30 riyal to take the cab from the airport and the hotel's taxi costs about 40 riyal. It is more expensive but at 6:00am in the morning, it is difficult to hail a cab from the street.

Room Tip: Higher level rooms are better for the view.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dizziey
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Good location and nice service, the standard of this hotel is matching other hotels of best western. It is clean, good reception and service but it is a little bit pricy.
Will come again if the price is better.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business