“Location isn't great, and neither is service - but hotel is nice”
Review of La Cigale Hotel

La Cigale Hotel
Ranked #39 of 137 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed February 23, 2011

I've stayed in the Doha Marriott and this hotel. In terms of the actual hotel and rooms, this hotel is much nicer. It's gorgeous (a bit garish, yes, but not over the top) and the rooms are absolutely first rate. However, I missed being on the beach, and the location isn't particular good. I did find the managers to be a bit difficult, but otherwise the service was fine. I only had breakfast here at the buffet, and it was outstanding. Make sure you check out the gorgeous cake/pastry shop in the hotel - it is worth a visit. The pool is very nice also. Some people have complained about noise, but I heard nothing during my 4-night stay. However, the first night, I smelled a nasty incense all night long. I think a guest in a nearby room was burning it because it didn't return after the first night.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank everglades_gal

Reviewed January 3, 2011

This is the 3rd 5* hotel I check into in Doha (InterCon+GrandHyatt) and by far the best! I am really surprised.

Although the rooms are relatively small but they are made to perfection! with lots of storage space. Also with free wifi which is very nice gesture. The food is nice and most of the staff are courteous. Breakfast is my least favourite but still very decent. I have extended my stay three times already. They even wash your car for you for a mere 50 QR. They have more than 150 channels from all over the world. The room is equipped with latest technologies and is sound proof.

The only thing you need to lookout for is the delay in valet parking. Really that is the only bad thing I can come up with.

Note: Evident presence of Lebanese and locals at the lobby and cafe.

To anyone's standard this hotel is the closest to perfection.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank qataris
Reviewed November 10, 2010

If you are familiar with the other 5 star hotels in Doha then you will understand that the La Cigale doesn't even compare - it's in a much lower league than the likes of the Ritz, the W, the Intercontinental, the Four Seasons, even the Sheraton and the Ramada.

The rooms are far too complicated – far too many wall switches and far too much technology. The AC is also very loud - although I found out later that this was to mask the booming music from the nightclub. The furnishing is adequate although seems slightly cheap.

I have read on here a number of complaints regarding the level of noise from the nightclub and I can only agree!!!!!! If you have to stay in this hotel ask for a room on a low level. I was on level 7 and nearly went crazy from the booming dance music!!!!! I requested to change rooms and the receptionist not impressed - I had to wait 30 minutes for them to bring me a new key and collect my luggage. Even in the new room I could still hear the nightclub (although now at a much more muted level) but by this time it was past midnight and I was tired and grumpy so just decided to sleep with the TV on to drown the noise out. The hotel has 2 nightclubs (or bars?) and it seems that you can’t get away from the throbbing beat – I could hear it in the lobby, the elevator, the hallway and in my room.

I travel to Doha frequently for work and won’t be staying here again!!!!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Leia W
Reviewed September 27, 2010

I'm not usually one who revels in the whole 5 star service thang but must admit La Cigale was faultless.

Food was out of this world and room was excellent. Lebanese influence noted.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank beardflares
Reviewed September 22, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights, on the second night I had settled down for the night about 23:30 as I had an important meeting in the morrning. Bang the music from the 11th floor bar started, the same thump thump over and over again, I suffered it for 1 hr then called reception asking when it would stop, i was told at 2:30 am, the reception told me they would request the vollume turned down, i am still waiting. Never again, when back in Doha it will be the Marriot or
Four seasons

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
7  Thank dreghorn05
Reviewed August 28, 2010

I just need to share my gratitude for the employees of this hotel; they are well educated & professionals. I enjoyed their food especially at the italian restaurant & Ramadan tent.
Keep up the good work

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 18, 2010

As far as hotels go, La Cigale in Doha is all about presentation and very little about performance. The hotel staff was haughty and often uncivil from the moment of check in to the time I left. Although the hotel mistakenly booked my room under the wrong category (this was later verified), I had to fight with various levels of staff, all the way up to a manager, to get the problem fixed. I was very displeased to find the arrogant attitude pervasive in the hotel, from the restaurants (where I was served old seafood) to the spa (which I chose to no longer attend due to frustrations with the upper-level staff). Problems similarly arose during our meeting, something the hotel failed to rectify. The rooms were adequate, but for the money paid should have been far more accommodating and far less noisy. If you're set to travel in the Middle East, one must be prepared for a certain level of arrogance and distrust from hotel staff (the customer is certainly NOT always right in the Gulf!!). That being said, there are many areas wherein one can experience true Arab hospitality. La Cigale in Doha, however, is a unique example of what travelers would hope to avoid--in the Middle East, or elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business