“Lots of glitter and gold”
Review of La Cigale Hotel

La Cigale Hotel
Ranked #38 of 136 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed August 26, 2012

The rooms and bathrooms were comfortable and the accessories generous but I found the hotel a bit over the top it was let down by a lack of attention to detail. We went exploring and found unfinished door and corridors and untidy outdoor areas. We were there during Ramadam so things were different to usual operations. The large cooking stations looked great, my average rating is hard but it does not deserve Very Good. Lastly the location is in the middle of nowhere if you wanted to see the water or to explore the souq each would require a taxi ride or a hotel car which is 4 times local taxi costs. I would not stay there again, there are too many other choices.

Room Tip: Location might suit business but not for tourism
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for La Cigale Hotel

Reviewed August 5, 2012

Tonight will be my fourth and final night at La Cigale. My husband and I have had a wonderful stay here. Our room is really spacious, with lots of lighting that can be dimmed or raised. The bathroom is excellent, with a good magnifying make up mirror and a steam resistant large mirror - essential when time is at a premium and you cannot wait for the steam to go. There is a plentiful supply of Acqua di Parma products available - which I have been very much enjoying!
The standard of food is superb! We have tried a few restaurants within the hotel and the staff are so friendly and helpful. Room service breakfast this morning was prompt and beautifully served.
The guys at the concierge station in the lobby are wonderful - so pleasant and helpful.
I can really recommend Laduree Salon on the ground floor for manicures and pedicures. Rowena did a thorough job of both, incorporating a grate, file and exfoliation in the pedicure, along with thorough cuticle work in both treatments. I paid 150 Riyals total, and her time management was fab, taking only one hour 20 minutes for both. Very efficient!
I must say I was a tad surprised at the 160 Riyal (£28) mini bar price tag for a half bottle of red wine! Suffice to say that I decided to have my nails done instead - and look forward to a glass of wine when I return to south Wales!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I was on a business trip to Qatar last week and stayed for one night at La Cigalle. The entrance was huge and well decorated and contrary to others, I liked the idea that the reception is at the side because it goes with the Hotel decoration. The staff were very friendly and the service was excellent. The rooms were lovely: huge, contained lots of amenities and everything was comfortable. The restaurants were good and the breakfast was amazing. I checked out before having breakfast and before I left the hotel I remembered that I forgot something at the room so I informed the reception and within 2 minutes they went to the room and brought it to me. That's why it is a place for good service. The only drawback is the location as it is a little bit far from the city center and there is construction work next to the hotel but for business visits, this does not really matter. I would certainly recommend this hotel to any business traveller to Qatar.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

I visited this hotel as part of a business trip to Doha. The lobby is lavishly decorated, with great attention to detail. Rooms are modern and clean with all amenities required by a business traveler. In terms of location, the hotel is situated away from the downtown area where all other five star hotels are located.
The hotel is very popular with Lebanese travelers.
In brief, one of the best hotels in Qatar.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank JMRif
Reviewed June 29, 2012

This is a very upmarket hotel though can feel rather stuffy.Definetly a business hotel, not for families. The entrance is very grand although reception is strangely tucked off to the side. The rooms are what you would expect from a hotel of this style. Large, big beds and an amazing amount of storage (takes 5 minutes to find the hanging wardrobe). Great selection of ammenities in the large bathroom. View from the rooms are poor though with a building site opposite ( though little noise). Breakfasty selection is huge, the biggest I have ever seen, although service for simple things like coffee was surpisingly poor ( give you coffee but need to ask for milk). The Sky Bar is great in the evening when the heat has gone done, marvellous view but not cheap. I had a cold so got room service which was top quality service with a heated delivery cart and reasonable cost. Ate one night in first floor restuarant where the service was excellent ( though they were quiet). Only drawback is location, not near anything so taxi's everywhere and taxi's are not as easy to get as Dubai or Abu Dhabi. On Friday morning wanted taxi to airport from hotel. Hotel advised a possible 30 minute wait so I should get hotel limo at double the cost ?????

Reviewed June 28, 2012

The place was so amazing..Clean and the service was so perfect..Relaxing and really enjoy the place..The staff are very helpful and friendly..Their smile really makes me feel that I'm so welcome at the hotel..So nice..So amazing..Perfect place and Excellent service..Keep it up to all.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Bebeboo S
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We had a fantastic saty at La Cigale. The restaurant on the second floor and the terrace bar were superb. The breakfast buffet is one of the best I have ever seen. All of the staff that we came in contact with was courteuos and efficient. Then something happened that took our experience to an even higher level. I left a bag of dirty laundry in my room and departed to Saudi Arabia. When I stepped off the plane, I had a text message about it in my phone. The hotel staff inquired where they may send the the found items. I provide the information and it was handled accurately. Thank you La Cigale team. I will be back.

1  Thank CarlyleNewYork