La Cigale Hotel
$122
$113
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsskyview barshisha gardengreat hotelbusiness tripsushibreakfast buffet isfive star hotelthe ground floorvisit dohaexcellent servicelobbyluxuryamenitiesqatarnightclubarabiccloset
Reviewed February 28, 2011

After being told the W hotel, where I usually stay (and like) was full, I was waiting to find fault with La Cigale. However, having stayed there I am pleased to say that it was an extremely good hotel.

The rooms are large and bathrooms clean, offering an enormous array of high quality toiletries. The food on offer is extremely good aswell. The gym is fine nothing too special, but fairly quiet and certainly no issues to report. The only slight problem I had was a smelly room which didnt seem to dissipate throughout my entire stay, and the hotel cars which insisted on charging me a fortune to give me a lift to the office 4 minutes away.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Traveller21321
Reviewed February 23, 2011

I've stayed in the Doha Marriott and this hotel. In terms of the actual hotel and rooms, this hotel is much nicer. It's gorgeous (a bit garish, yes, but not over the top) and the rooms are absolutely first rate. However, I missed being on the beach, and the location isn't particular good. I did find the managers to be a bit difficult, but otherwise the service was fine. I only had breakfast here at the buffet, and it was outstanding. Make sure you check out the gorgeous cake/pastry shop in the hotel - it is worth a visit. The pool is very nice also. Some people have complained about noise, but I heard nothing during my 4-night stay. However, the first night, I smelled a nasty incense all night long. I think a guest in a nearby room was burning it because it didn't return after the first night.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank everglades_gal
Reviewed January 3, 2011

This is the 3rd 5* hotel I check into in Doha (InterCon+GrandHyatt) and by far the best! I am really surprised.

Although the rooms are relatively small but they are made to perfection! with lots of storage space. Also with free wifi which is very nice gesture. The food is nice and most of the staff are courteous. Breakfast is my least favourite but still very decent. I have extended my stay three times already. They even wash your car for you for a mere 50 QR. They have more than 150 channels from all over the world. The room is equipped with latest technologies and is sound proof.

The only thing you need to lookout for is the delay in valet parking. Really that is the only bad thing I can come up with.

Note: Evident presence of Lebanese and locals at the lobby and cafe.

To anyone's standard this hotel is the closest to perfection.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank qataris
Reviewed November 10, 2010

If you are familiar with the other 5 star hotels in Doha then you will understand that the La Cigale doesn't even compare - it's in a much lower league than the likes of the Ritz, the W, the Intercontinental, the Four Seasons, even the Sheraton and the Ramada.

The rooms are far too complicated – far too many wall switches and far too much technology. The AC is also very loud - although I found out later that this was to mask the booming music from the nightclub. The furnishing is adequate although seems slightly cheap.

I have read on here a number of complaints regarding the level of noise from the nightclub and I can only agree!!!!!! If you have to stay in this hotel ask for a room on a low level. I was on level 7 and nearly went crazy from the booming dance music!!!!! I requested to change rooms and the receptionist not impressed - I had to wait 30 minutes for them to bring me a new key and collect my luggage. Even in the new room I could still hear the nightclub (although now at a much more muted level) but by this time it was past midnight and I was tired and grumpy so just decided to sleep with the TV on to drown the noise out. The hotel has 2 nightclubs (or bars?) and it seems that you can’t get away from the throbbing beat – I could hear it in the lobby, the elevator, the hallway and in my room.

I travel to Doha frequently for work and won’t be staying here again!!!!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Leia W
Reviewed September 27, 2010

I'm not usually one who revels in the whole 5 star service thang but must admit La Cigale was faultless.

Food was out of this world and room was excellent. Lebanese influence noted.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business