My family and I passed through Doha on our way to Amman, Jordan. We were booked for one night for transit on 26 June 2014 about 7:30pm.
It looks as if the hotel is used very much for people on transit.
The facilities are excellent, service very good, and the buffet meals choice is big and the food delicious.
However some improvement is needed in some areas of service delivery. Having guests for 12 hours or less should not result in giving them poor service.
It so happens I forgot to pack change of shirt and other items for the 1 night in transit. It was 9pm and their shop was closed although they did not have t-shirts on sale anyway.
I asked one Concierge assistant who said he can assist me by going to a shop relatively close to the hotel and buy the items for me. But he told me to ask the head Concierge for permission.
The head Concierge said no, employees are not permitted to go out. This may very well be true, but the manner he said it was brash and unfriendly. Instead he told me that I can go myself on foot since the shop is not very far. I am sure Doha is very safe, but telling a hotel guest to go out by himself at 9:30pm, in a town that he is not familiar, is irresponsible.
Possible solution: he could have suggested calling the shop, giving them a list of items I needed, the shop would have given me the total cost, perhaps say 20 US $ for delivering to the hotel and I would have given the hotel receptionist the money to cover this. Since they would likely have wanted to make a sale, and it might have worked.
Also, before retiring to bed we were told that airport shuttle will pick us up at 5am. But they said breakfast can be ordered and delivered to our rooms. When we called at 4:15am, someone else told us that we have to come to the ground floor for breakfast.
On the ground floor there was no breakfast. I asked the same head Concierge, and he said brashly again, breakfast will be served from 5:30am. I asked him but the shuttle is coming at 5am!
Eventually someone put two pots of coffee and tea, and some bites, at the ground floor lounge area.
Proposed solution: Hotel should put the two pots of tea, coffee, and keep them refilled, with bites, from 10pm to the time when breakfast is served in the restaurant(s).
I hope my comments will be found useful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Movenpick Hotel West Bay is situated in the heart of the city, with soaring skyscrapers and glorious views of the green and blue waters of the Arabian Gulf. The property, an impressive landmark in Doha offers 347 contemporary yet cosy rooms including 40 suites, welcoming both short and long term staying guest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Movenpick Hotel West Bay Doha reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moevenpick Tower & Suites Doha Hotel Doha
- Moevenpick Tower And Suites Doha
- Moevenpick Hotel Doha
- Doha Moevenpick Hotel