“Movenpick”

Movenpick Hotel West Bay Doha
Ranked #25 of 138 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed March 26, 2014

The staff was friendly and helpful. Shuttle drivers were both good. The restaurant was disappointing with regard to vegetarian choices and service. The prices were too high for the food. The room cleaning was not as good as I would have liked. I requested a kitchen set up. A microwave, skillet, pot, wooden spoon and knife was delivered. No dishes or utensils. (I did not choose the breakfast buffet in my reservation.) The glasses are wiped out by a cloth, not replaced or cleaned. If I were to return to Doha I would not choose this location. There will be a building behind the hotel that will block the view of the water.

Room Tip: For a number of years to come there will be construction everywhere in preparation for the 2022 Worl...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
MTS_Management, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel West Bay Doha, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. We are disappointed to hear that we did not meet your expectations during your time with us. We have reached out to the concerned departments with your comments and hope that you visit us again to see the changes and changes made by your valued remarks. Our apologies again for mishaps experienced during your stay.
Kind regards
Ghada Sadek

Write a ReviewReviews (1,465)

Reviewed March 21, 2014

the best thing about this hotel is the staff ,they are cheerful and always wearing an amazing smile specially reception and entry staff .

the worst thing is the service , they don't clean the room very well , but this is for some staff not all of them .

the spa is amazing with very clever therapist .

i didn't like the closed pool .

Room Tip: 1916 is a good room with beautiful view on the gulf

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the stay and the facilities, as well as the service of our front desk team. We are however, disappointed to hear that not all services were up to our standard. We have passed along your comments to the concerned departments, and we do hope you choose Mövenpick Tower & Suites Doha again so you can see the improvements made as a result of your valued comments.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

This was my second stay at Moevenpick Tower and Suites Doha and I think that I will not even try other places. The quality of the facilities, the staff and the prices are way beyond the averages of the region.
This will be my place to stay whenever I travel to Doha.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Dear Guest
Thank you for the kind comments about your stay and our hotel. It is our pleasure to welcome you back to your home away from home and we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our facilities.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

No in-house laundry service (at all)
I arrived in Doha having been travelling, on business, for nearly a month. Doha was my last city, and the Moevenpick Tower and Suites, which I have stayed at before, and is my preferred hotel, was my last hotel.

Most business travellers travel quite light, and make use of hotel laundry to help. I had a business function to attend on the night of my stay in Doha, and realised that morning that I had no clean business clothes left. I therefore requested for a shirt and pair of trousers to be cleaned, ironed, and returned to me within 4 hours (a very easy and normal thing for any major business hotel to achieve). I was very disappointed to be told that this was not possible, that express service is six hours, and no amount of discussion yielded any different result.

I then asked if my one clean, but not really business, shirt could be ironed, and was told that this would take six hours too, and if I wanted it quicker I would have to iron it myself! The reason? They have no in-house laundry service. Not even to get something ironed.

Otherwise, this is an excellent hotel! Really friendly and very efficient check-in staff, and overall they provide excellent service in every other area. They have the fastest internet I have ever experienced in a hotel - and its free! The fact that the hotel is dry is of no issue - there are plenty of watering holes in the city.

I would recommend this hotel any day, but much more so if they could do laundry!

Oh, and sadly, they used to have quite possibly the best Asian restaurant outside of Asia, but they decided to close it down.

1  Thank AJS37
MTS_Management, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel West Bay Doha, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us at Mövenpick Tower & Suites Doha and for the time that taken to share your feedback with us.

I am glad to read that you like the service provided by our hotel and that you enjoyed your stay. However, we were concerned to read the lack of attention and laundry service of our staff at Housekeeping.

This has been brought to the attention of the management concerned, for proper action and I apologize for this inconvenience.

We do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future so you can experience the improvement as a result of your comments.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

First and foremost, I am very happy with movenpick and will continue to use it for all of our business guests. I enjoyed my stay and was very comfortable. I love the convenient west bay location. It is the best value for money option in West Bay. It is an exceptional Long term stay option. Very competitive in price to cheaper hotels with less to offer.

I ate very well and slept great.

The lobby is a little dated. Please take that as constructive critisism. It feels cramped. It is a small thing in the big picture. But it really feels cramped and contradictory to the Movenpick brand.

The lite bite cafe in the lobby has a lousy menu. Not many healthy options. There is never anyone in there. Again, very contradictory to the Movenpick Brand.

I had a great massage and facial there. Loved it.

The breakfast food was very good. I did miss waffles/pancakes/french toast. One of those options every day would have been nice. But I loved the fresh fruit, fruit compotes and Bircher Muesli options. Loved them. If you could not find SOMETHING, it is you, not the buffet. There were cereal, toast, pastry options as well as cheeses, fruits and vegetables. Oh, and omelettes on the spot as you like it.

I have a very common complaint of breakfast restaraunts in the middle east. When I am at a buffet, I expect two things from my wait staff:
1. Coffee: quickly, often and hot. Including all accoutrements (sugar and hot milk)
2. When I get up to get another serving, whisk my dishes away. promptly.

I often had to go searching for coffee every morning. When I wanted a second cup, I had to search again. The restaurant was not too busy, so I cannot understand why there was an oversight here. I do know that coffee refills is a western thing, but many of your customers are western.

Once or twice I had to clear my own dishes to another table. When I travel by myself, it is an inconvenience, but when I travel with my young family, it is a real annoyance. If you are going to sit people at small tables, clear the dishes promptly.

Otherwise I had a wonderful stay in Doha and love the hotel. I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor for a great view. I was upgraded to an executive suite. Highly recommend it if...
2  Thank Julie W
MTS_Management, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel West Bay Doha, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review about our hotel. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay.

We are happy to share with you that you will be seeing many changes in the next months as we are completing our brand new lobby and lounge to continuously provide excellent service and upgrade our offerings.

We do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back at Mövenpick Tower & Suites Doha.

Thank you.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

I had an 18 hour layover from Manchester to Doha on my way to Mashhad and and was quite pleased when I found out that I would be staying for a night as it gave me a chance to get a look at Doha from which my prior research had promised a beautiful city. My flight landed at 12 AM and by the time I had made it to the customer service desk I found myself with incredibly heavy hand luggage waiting an hour and a half in staggeringly long lines, the help desk had about 4 members of staff who seemed lost themselves talking to travellers in a very disorganized line of pushing and shoving.

Once the rather gormless looking staff finally looked over my passport and printed hotel confirmation they handed me another piece of paper and told me to make my way a gate where I waited a further half an hour for a bus to arrive and me and a few other people to the other side of the airport to wait in a line for yet another 40 minutes till they checked over the documents once again and gave vouchers for the hotel. I was then directed outside where I was picked up by a driver and after a 10-15 minute drive through Doha we arrived at a lovely looking hotel and my door was opened by 2 very well dressed men who welcomed me to the hotel and showed me to the check in desk.

It was about 4 AM at this time and although I was exhausted from the long wait in the airport the staff we very friendly and quickly and efficiently checked me into my room, offered me tea and dates while I waited, gave me vouchers for 2 meals, explained about my room service and where the buffet would be in the morning, gave me my room key card and had me on my way.

The room was incredibly clean and tidy, the bed was wonderfully comfortable, the bathroom was fully stocked with everything I would possibly need and the room had 2 bottles of mineral water a kettle, coffee, tea, sugar, cups and sink. I was starving and called up room service which delivered a very tasty and generous serving of Spaghetti Bolognese in reasonable time. I was told I would be picked up at 2 PM to be taken to the airport however I wanted a quick walk around the area of the hotel just to get a feel of Doha in daylight so I set my alarm for 8 AM and went to sleep.

The next morning I woke up and called room service for breakfast as I couldn't be bothered to take time at the buffet and so a continental breakfast was brought up to me by a member of staff who came in to my room and placed the tray on the table and started to engage in conversation with me about Doha and where he is from and what he is doing there but after about 5 minutes had passed and he wouldn't leave things started to get awkward. He had the audacity to start touching my hand and my face and flirting with me! I asked if he could stop and leave, he walked towards the door turned around with a smug smile and said 'I'm not done I'll be coming back'. As a 16 year old girl alone in a foreign country I was terrified and as the room had no lock from the inside and the staff have key cards I took a shower and just locked myself in the bathroom for well over an hour till he came back twice and left again.

Needless to say that experience alone ruined my short lived trip to Doha, ruined my plans of taking a look around and scared me stiff, looking back now I really don't know why I didn't complain about the disgusting behaviour of the member of their staff. I was taken back to the airport via driver at 2 PM and continued on my way.

Over all the hotel its self is a beautiful and comfortable place and the majority of the staff were very friendly and really did seem to treat you like royalty however it goes to show one member of a team can really ruin an entire experience and taint the opinion of an individual in regards to an entire establishment.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
MTS_Management, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel West Bay Doha, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2014

Dear Nadiam,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel.

We would like to offer our sincerest apologies about your experience and ensure you that this matter will not be taken lightly.

Kindly send us your contact details on Sami.Aawar@moevenpick.com as we would like to discuss this matter.

Again, kindly accept our apologies and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

Only two nights but great room, very quiet and staff went out of their way to take care of me. Used Spa for a massage - OK not the best ever but liked having sauna and whirlpool looking out from the 26th floor. Had pedicure that I would not recommend, too express for my taste. If I was to return to Doha on business this was a good location, but first timers beware, it is near impossible to walk anywhere and it is a dry hotel. Walking across street to visit the Four Seasons or Hilton should be done cautiously, but they are on the beach so nice for a beverage. Shuttle service to airport very helpful. It was really the staff that made this such a good experience, absolutely all of them could not have been nicer.

Room Tip: 705 was large and a good view

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments and feedback about our staff and spa. We always take great pleasure in hearing from our guests.

Should you need any further assistance or information about our hotel location and promotion, we remain at your disposal.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back should your travels brings you again to Qatar.