“Great Hotel & Wonderful Stay”

Movenpick Hotel West Bay Doha
Ranked #25 of 135 Hotels in Doha
“Great Hotel & Wonderful Stay”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

It was greatest 2 nights ever, I have to say frankly it was an excellent welcoming from the staff and managers specially MR: Roni he makes my check in and out very smooth . the location is really enviable close to the fairground and in the middle of all the government Ministries.

and the suite i got it was very wonderful with a nice view . very spacious and clean with a nice small kitchen.

really i felt like home. if i visit Doha again I will stay there Definitely.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Maxfaris
MTS_Management, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel West Bay Doha, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
Dear Mr. Maxfaris,

Thank you for your kind and positive comments about our facilities and hotel staff. Your feedback is a real motivating factor for our team as we strive to continuously provide quality services.

It is always a pleasure having you with us and we look forward to your next visit with Mövenpick Tower & Suites Doha.

Ghada Sadek

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Every thing was excellent except internet not free, comfortable bed, nice and clean room with very wonderful view, very helpful and friendly staff, very good breakfast buffet, nice swimming pool and gym. We really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Mounir1975
Dear Mr. Mounir,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with Mövenpick Tower & Suites Doha. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay. On another note, we are pleased to inform you that Internet is now free of charge throughout the hotel for all guests.

We do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back should your travels brings you again to Qatar.

New York City, New York
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I stayed in your hotel for 2 days, and it was fantastic. The service was great and I could not have asked for more. My stay was excellent because of the two receptionists Ahmed and Rachel they are a very good ambassador to your hotel, very Professional check in and out. if I will visit Qatar again for sure I will stay in your hotel because of your good service and your excellent staff. Thank you for making my stay simple and easy. I will recommend your hotel to all of my friends.

Room Tip: Executive Suite.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank sara y
Dear Ms. Sara,

Thank you for all your kind and positive comments about our facilities and hotel staff. Your feedback is a real motivating factor for our team as we endeavor to continuously provide quality services.

We hope to welcome you back should your travel brings you again to Doha.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 14, 2014

it was a very amazing
i stayed over 3 days and every thing was wonderful
everyone was smiling makes me feel like home
its number one hotel in Doha
many thank to all the staff and special thank to the night manager
who made it much more remarkable

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Gentle m
Dear Mr. Gentle,

We were very pleased to receive your positive comments about our hotel and staff. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay.

It was always a pleasure having you with us and looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

i stayed there in December it was the best hotel service I ever stayed specially Reception and Bell service staff with their welcoming smile in addition to SPA service which is really amazing that makes my stay wonderful .

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Angelo255
Dear Mr. Angelo,

Thank you for all your positive comments and feedback. We always take great pleasure in hearing from our guests.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

I tried many hotels in Doha, the service is very good, the welcoming staff are very friendly, I recommend this hotel to all.
Breakfast is good, Valet service is very fast.
I will come to this hotel every time.

Room Tip: chose room ending with 15
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank saoud k
MTS_Management, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel West Bay Doha, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear Mr. Saoud,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your positive feedback and for staying with us. We are happy to learn that you have enjoyed your stay.

It’s always a pleasure having you with us and looking forward to your future visits.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 5, 2014

This stay was part of a STPC from Qatar airways as my onward flight was more than 14 hours away. I travel with Qatar Airways frequently and they usually put me up in the excellent Oryx Rotana hotel which is a hop and a skip away from the Premium terminal of Doha airport. I had previously stayed at this Movenpick property back in April 2012 and had nothing to complain about. This time however, it was totally different.

Firstly the transport from the airport was in a 'van' rather than a luxurious Audi or Mercedes as provided by Oryx Rotana. Disappointing to say the least.

Checked into room number 609 and the internet did not want to work. Laptop/iPhone could not connect. Had to get Guest services to reset the router which did not help either. They decided that the router was too far away (I could see full strength wifi signals) and upgraded us to room 815. The internet did work perfectly once there.

I decided to order some food using the in-room dining menu and I must admit the food was delicious and it came quickly. My wife and I were each given vouchers worth Qatari riyals 175 for dining purposes. We ordered food worth around 270 riyals deciding to use the rest later in the day. The room service staff took all the vouchers and never returned with any receipt/balance etc.

When we later decided to order more food we were told by the incompetent person on the phone line that as we had given up the vouchers we were not entitled to any more value. Threatening to complain to the manager/reception he decided to follow up the vouchers and called back letting me know I could order food unto the remaining value (phew). He took our order for 1 nasi goreng and I also asked for two complementary water bottles that come with the room. The order that was delivered however was for some 'noodle dish' and not 2 but 1 bottle of water that was charged. I called the Guest services and they said that this bottle of water was not free as I had ordered it. I explained that firstly the bottle of water given was not the one stated in the in-room dining menu and I had been charged for 2 bottles while only being given 1. The person refused to acknowledge that he took down the wrong order, I reacted quite angrily and decided to refuse the order and the charge. i decided I would rather eat on the plane/lounge than bother with these thieves.

Stark contrast from my 4-5 stays with Oryx Rotana in Doha each year. Next time I fly Qatar airways I will make a point to let the agent know to NOT book me at Movenpick.

Room Tip: Request a room with a view towards the four seasons/hilton side.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple