“Absolutely non responsive!” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #35 of 141 Hotels in Doha
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Absolutely non responsive!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

The service of the junior staff - bell boys, waiters was excellent as always. One member of the staff Ms. Ramia Mnahbi was excellent as always. She was very efficient and responsive. The booking was done fast, the transport was taken care of, the check out was smooth. Everything done from her side was very good.

But the In-room dining food was really bad. Surprising part was that nothing was done about it. There was a lady who called me two times in the evening to check whether everything was ok. When I complained about the food, she said that she will inform the kitchen, but nothing happened. There was no action taken, nobody called to check, which was very surprising.

I have stayed at this hotel three times but never ever before, customer's complaints have been ignored like this.

Plus I was surprised with the attitude of the new manager, Mr. Vijdan. Three times he saw me, but there not even a greeting. Once he came in the club lounge, I was the only person there and he chose to ignore!! Forget about the basic courtesy of asking the customer as to whether his / her stay has been comfortable, there was not even a basic "hello". He chose to completely ignore!!

I have never seen this kind of attitude in any reputed hotel before.

I have never experienced such a thing in this hotel as well. All the previous managers always have been very cordial and in fact all of them made a point to talk to me and make sure that everything was ok with my stay and even minor requirements were taken care of immediately.

I doubt that next month I will be staying here in this hotel!

Lovraj

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Lovraj L
Millennium Hote... D, General Manager at Millennium Hotel Doha, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to make this review on Trip Advisor. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us again at Millennium Hotel Doha.

Kindly accept our apologies. It seems we have not lived up to your expectations. The problems you experienced are certainly not the norm and will be followed up on by myself and the team.

I am glad to know that Ramia did provide personalized service during your show and little gestures and standard instructions were in place.

Please be assured that a lot of attention has been given to maintain the highest levels of service and facilities at the hotel.

There is no excuse for not being able to deliver perfect standards .I have raised the concern with Management and any areas that need refinement are in constant review as we too seek perfection in our delivery and please be assured of our untiring efforts to achieve this. This would continue in future too. We take your comments constructively.

I do hope that you would give us another opportunity to restore your confidence in Millennium Hotel Doha. If I can be of any assistance, please do let me know.

Best Regards
Giorgio Lanfranchi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

The Good:

Hotel is very clean, rooms are big and comfortable, reception was quick...i had no problems at all here.

the gym at the top floor is big and nice too...i got a nice treat when i had the hot tub and steam room all alone :) it was very comfortable and a good escape from the business trip for an hour.

the Food for lunch was GREAT...i loved it and was tasty and worth it.

The Bad:

yes there is a problem with the water pressure int he shower...was just weak..but I made it work.

I would definatly stay there again..much recomended.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank TravelBUsa
Karlsruhe, Deutschland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

Still sitting here in the Hotel in my room and want to share my experience. I was staying here on business for a couple of nights. The place is very neat and clean, smooth check-in (check-out I will see soon) and an upgrade to an executive room on the 7th floor. Room is spacious, with a very good bed. TV-Set could be a bit larger, but that is not a problem. Bathroom is also spacious and clean. Only the shower could use a bit more pressure and the water temp is hard to regulate. Tends to be too hot.
What was bothering me a bit was the AC. It seems as you could set a temp, but still all it does is very cold (even set at 27°). But I had a window I could open to get some air when I switched off AC.
Never had breakfast, but in room dining was serving fast and good and at a reasonable price. Besides there are some reastaurants close by.
Definitely will come back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Benson1976
Dubai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

This has the best room layout I have been in Doha so far. Practical and quality furniture. Big and clean bathroom.

The internet is free and good for normal work navigation/email but times out now and then and is especially frustrating for mobile access.

I stayed here for a week. Room service has a fair amount of tasty options and all reasonably priced for a hotel of this level. The breakfast buffet is a little pricey (100QAR - 20€), but good and worth it's value.

Water pressure in my bathroom needed improvement but I don't know if the same goes for the rest of the hotel. The sleep quality level would be much better if windows were soundproof. The indoor pool on the top floor presents a wonderful view of the city and the gym is well equipped.

If you are here on business, make sure you spare an extra 15 minutes for the morning traffic in the proximity.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Victor P
Millennium Hote... D, General Manager at Millennium Hotel Doha, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Dear sir,

Many thanks for your kind comments which we appreciate and shall do our best to improve furhter our services.

Concerning noise, we shall look into the insulations of windows

appreciate your feedback and look forward to have you back with us soon

Paphos, Cyprus
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

This Hotel has a lot to learn. The rooms are spacious, but have no soundproofing at the windows. Consequently, sleepless nights listening to traffic and cars with blaring car horns. The water pressure ensures a "quick" shower takes at least 20 minutes. I recommend you set aside plenty of time and have a bath. The Wi-Fi is slow and prone to cut out at irregular (and frustrating) times. Room Service takes 50 minutes despite being told it will take 25 minutes. It is a dry hotel, but I knew that before coming. My business takes me throughout the Gulf and this is, without a doubt, the worst 5 star hotel I have ever stayed at. The staff are not rude, just absent. I had to stay here as due to the Arab League meeting, all the other 5 star hotels were booked and that, I am afraid tells the whole story. This is a Hotel of last Resort. For me, never again.

Room Tip: Stay away from the back facing rooms, if you go here at all.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Paul W
Dear sir,
we apologies for the lateness of rooms service and we shall look into this to speed up and the reasons for the delay and for Internet, we were fully booked and the demand for internet was high and the service provider could not cope with all the requests. (we do offer free internet unlike many other hotels in Doha where they charge for use of Internet.)

Concerning the noise, we are looking into the replacement of windows in the near future and ensure better insulation due to the traffic.

We appreciate the feedback and comments and we shall do our very best to rectify our shorcomings.

Manama, Bahrain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

It is perfect if you are over in Doha for a few days and planning to work - and just looking for a place to sleep and get some work done.
The rooms are big, no nonsense, clean and practical.I also like the way they do some small things - like the internet - wifi/cable. The way business news channels come up first on tv. The practical food selection at the breakfast and the overall quietness of the place. Location is excellent - there is a rather well stocked shoppingcentre/dept. store right next door.
The only minus is the complete lack of alcohol or an entertainment outlet - but in a way thats a blessing - no noisy lobbies or subwoofer boom you can feel in you pillow at 1 am.
Pop over to some of the other outlets a short cab ride away to some of the other hotels if you feel like a drink.

Room Tip: Go for the rooms a step above basic tier - worth the few extra riyals
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank bigboybah
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

I have stayed here a few times on business. I always get a deluxe room, which gives me access to the club room. As my business results in me coming and going at different times of the day I find the club room a good place to work, I get through quite a few Mezzas from the room menu in there as well. Atrium is a nice place to sit and I am quite happy to drink bottles of non-alcoholic beer as that is what I expect in places like Doha. Location isn't ideal, but there are some resteraunts, coffee bars, banks etc. within easy walking distance. Rooms are OK - nothing special, but everything has worked when I have stayed and the place is kept clean. Works for me.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business