“Paradise in Doha!!!”

Sharq Village & Spa
Ranked #11 of 138 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

Having stayed in Doha for 2 years lil did I know there was a hidden treasure island in Qatar ,Me and Jazz at Lincoln Center doha team visited the Sharq Village & Spa .What an unforgettable experience we had the pool is so amazing, jacuzzi so seductive I have no words to describe the rest . The overall experience was beyond to our imagination & expectation . Thank you Mr Fritz and your entire team !!!
We will be back soon .......

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Joe blax M

Reviewed March 15, 2014

The Sharq Village Doha is a superb hotel with fantastic facilities and exceptional staff.

Large, comfortable rooms with any and all amenities.
Very comfortable bed, lots of pillows, large, luxurious towels.
Beautiful landscaping, attractive pool area, lovely planting.
Impeccable service.

Unfortunately, the hotel is under the Doha airport flight path, and planes take off every five minutes (the hotel is so close that when planes fly overhead they have not yet raised their landing gear). The noise is deafening, and flights take off all day and most of the night, as late as 2am and early as 6am.

The beach is very well appointment, but overlooks a port and industrial area.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank RedRoverNewYork
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I want to let you know how much I appreciate the excellent customer service that your team has provided to us last March 5, 2014 in Al Wanis Shisha Terrace.

Your staff was very attentive; especially Mr. Ahmet who made sure that our dining experience will be memorable and also Mega, the very helpful and accomodating reservation agent.

You have put together a great team that makes customers feel respected and valued. Once again, thank you and keep up the good work!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mohamed M
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Truly a romantic dinner worth to remember .Hotel took
reservations and decked the place out for a fine dining experience complete with Romantic Set-up.
Fancy foods and simple satisfying dishes from starters,appetizers,main course .dessert.
All perfect options for a Valentine's Day dinner date.
Mega, the staff who is very energetic & enthusiast assisted us in our reservation.I admire his attitude He has a good work ethic.He treated us as his own family, the way he booked our dinner, very professional & he even took effort to visit us to make sure that everything is perfect during our dinner until we left our table.A guy that well deserved of a favorable judgement.
I must say that Sharq offers "extraordinary to perfection."
Price is estimates,unique set up and ambiance ,single dinner with a drink ,gift,flowers & delicious dish & a impressive friendly service from the waiter & a notable assistance from Mega.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Shekah_Aisha
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The Property and The staff are Great, the only two bad things were the sound of the planes, but for me it is not a big problem at all, I slept and I didn't listen any of them, but during the day if you go to the beach or the swimming pool you are going to listen them every 3 - 5 min., in few motnhs The New AirPort Will be open maybe the sound of the planes Will not be a problem. And second bad thing was the internet in my Room was very bad with poor connection. They tried To resolve the problem but it was not good at All.
The Six Sense Spa is great and excellent, and Al Dana Restaurant has The best food and service, Mildred my waitress and Anna are great... Also Jaime The hotel's concierge is very kind and friendly.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ACJI97
Reviewed March 3, 2014

This hotel is just perfect!! It was absolutely spotless. The room was lovely with a large bathroom. The bed was SO comfortable! From my balcony I had a view of the beach. It was peaceful, even though the planes flew over regularly (at the end of the runway!) and I enjoyed many walks on the beach without seeing another person! The food was of a high quality with lots of choice. The staff without exception were always very polite and helpful. I enjoyed every minute of my 10 day stay and hope one day to return.

Room Tip: First floor room with a view!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Maz1952Sweet
Reviewed February 28, 2014

This is the second time I have stayed at the Sharq and I was very impressed that so many of the staff remembered me. I was welcomed by Yannick (Front of House) who was fantastic throughout the stay, always making sure everything was perfect. All the staff really were excellent but he stood out.

The facilities are superb, a good choice of formal and informal dining and nice bars.

The pools are very clean and large, with dedicated areas for children. I didn't use the spa but it looked lovely.

Yes it's under the flightpath but that really doesn't matter. With the new airport opening soon it will be much quieter.

Thank you all for a wonderful stay, I look forward to seeing you next year.

• Stayed: February 2014
Carsten F, General Manager at Sharq Village & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2014

Dear Smudgyfox,

I was very glad to read your feedback! Thank you for your comments; I will make sure all our Ladies & Gentlemen receive your greetings, especially Yannick.
Looking forward to welcoming you to Sharq Village & Spa soon again!

Carsten Fritz, General Manager, Sharq Village & Spa