“Great for business trip”

Sharq Village & Spa
Ranked #13 of 137 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed December 5, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for a 5 days business trip and the experience is great and memorable. It is located very closed to the airport, about 10 minutes away. The staffs are really really friendly and helpful, even the limo driver. I was even given an extra dessert when having my late lunch. As this was my first time travelling to Middle East, this ambiance is really welcoming. However, if you are travelling by public taxi, most of the drivers are not used to this hotel. The tip is to mention that it is next to Marriot Hotel and they easily can locate it.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

My famiy and I invariably experienced the most excellent service in Sharq.The ambience is a perfect place for any kind of celebration.The food catch the craving of your tongue, but what is really unforgettable in this hotel are those very kind & attentive staffs pointing from the lobby up to the restaurants, the smiles on their faces will sparkle your day and the General Manager that have eyes to recognized a great work from his employee is truly amazing,In every places we have to stopped off and in every restaurant we sat. One person will captured our attention and Let me tell you this that from our 1st & 2nd visit and same with our other friends and relatives ,he made us all barely happy & he is really a remarkable staff that does not expect anything in returns after utilizing all his energy just to established the hours of our stay in the restaurants and in the room very memorable. We tried to give him present , gift and even forced him to accept it but he said "NO!!!"while pushing himself away from us ,he just smiled back to us and saying that it was his job and knowing that the people are happy through his very least effort it makes him overjoyed and grateful,and by this way ,I want the world to know that I want to say Thank you again & again to Mega for all his efforts, consistency , good heart and providing us quality service again and again.He is the main reason why I keep on coming back to Sharq Hotel in Qatar.

Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Bit out of the way from downtown but utterly, utterly worth it - could be vying for my top hotel in the world (The Address in Dubai currently holds that position). It's spacious but doesn't feel like a sprawling resort; the rooms are modern but beautifully decorated in that hip-Middle East blend style, the staff are incredibly courteous, including one woman who saw me walk through the lobby and told me I looked like I could use some tea and cookies, and had them sent to my room. I'd go back in a heartbeat.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MazMichel
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I visited the hotel on 16th of this month stayed there for a night, Firstly i would like to say its a beautiful hotel, the lobby, the pools, the beach , rooms everything totally justifies the title "Experience the past today" . Well i didn't stay there for long time but my stay was short and sweet . The room was fantastic (914) giving a fabulous view of sea and Doha Sea line . Everything from decoration to furniture and from textures to linen is so authentic Arabic styled. The check in took less then 4 minutes and everything that i requested for came on time. The Staff was lovely , I would specially like to mention " Samson" the waiter at Al Liwan Restaurant ( thats where i had my breakfast which was pretty good ) was really nice and friendly. I was a bit disappointed to know that there is no indoor pool. I wanted to have a sunbath at the beach but the weather conditions didn't allow me to do so ( it was raining ) . I ll be leaving Doha very soon and all i would like to say is coming to Sharq completed my visit in Doha . And yes about the airplane noise once you shut the balcony doors and close the curtains you hardly hear any noise . If i will be visiting Doha again i would love to stay in Sharq, Thanks to everyone at Sharq for making my stay a memorable experience... !

Room Tip: Go for a view room as its totally worth it , Also go for the higher floor if possible .
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

The Sharq would be my favorite hotel in Doha if it was not located at the end of an active runway! Great rooms, friendly service and amazing spa. However the constant noise from the runway across the street is grating.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 9, 2013

The Sharq is a wonderful hotel. I spent five days there recently and from the first moments I was heartened by the quality of the staff. I have had the pleasure to stay at several Ritz Carlton's and the staff at the Sharq is without a doubt the finest I have seen. Their service to myself and the several guests taking part in our event was without peer. I would return in a heartbeat and recommend anyone else looking to book an event in Doha to look no further than the Sharq.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 8, 2013

We had the best hotel customer service ever at SHARQ in Doha. Soufiane at reception desk greeted us with such an exceptional and the first class customer service skill. He went extra miles to help us on the challenges we had to face in town with such a professional and calm attitude and stood by us until the problem was solved!! He is the best!! Thank you, Soufiane for your outstanding customer service and we loved your smile!! You made our stay at SHARQ the most memorable experience !! Highly recommended!!

• Stayed: October 2013