2,521 results
All reviews q lounge al nahham azraq restaurant surf pool private pool kids club arabic restaurant special thanks amazing experience junior suite taking care nice service sea view house keeping bowling villa cinema
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This alcohol-free island is situated 30 minutes by boat off Doha, Qatar’s coastal area. If you’re staying in the resort, you do not need to pay for the boat, but if you’re visiting, you need to pay around 200 Qatari Riyals. You need to book the timing of your departure to and from the port.

We stayed here for 2 wonderful nights. The hotel is clean and well maintained. The room and bathroom were clean. The beach was mostly clean with very little plastic here and there. Plenty of seashells. All the amenities around the hotel were clean (except for one place that I’ll mention below).

There were a few incidents that happened, but the management really made it up to us. The first incident, upon entering our room, there was a strong smell of smoking (our room was non-smoking). We called our helper Youssef who sent us some bukhoor. The person who delivered the bukhoor walked in on me almost un-dressed without knocking the door or ringing the bell. My husband spoke to him, and he apologized. It was very bad. That night, wonderful Mr. Yousef sent us some yummy amenities to our room. It was nice of him. He also took off the charge of the flower arrangement that I had planned.

The other incident was at Ted’s restaurant (an American themed burger diner) which was also during our first day. My chicken stuffed ham burger was raw. We understand that cooking stuffed chicken breast is a bit challenging. Our wonderful server Grace however offered to make me another one, but I was too full from the appetizers anyway. She removed the burger from the bill and offered us a free meal next time. We went back in for refreshments and yummy fries. The food at Ted’s is tasty especially the fries. I recommend dining there. However, since this place is very hip amongst youngsters, the bathroom was unattended and unclean. I think they need someone there to clean on the spot.

The breakfast buffet is very varied. There were Indian and Arabic dishes. There was a small noodle bar, cold cuts, spreads, and endless types of cheese. There was an omelette station, fresh juices, a pancake and waffle station and a kids buffet. It’s satisfying for sure. Staff are wonderful at the breakfast buffet.

Our dinner at AlNahham Restaurant was very special. Sweet Ashmita arranged beautiful candles and flowers in celebration of our 9th anniversary. They even brought us a complimentary chocolate cake. The food (Arabic cuisine and mostly Lebanese) was good and the atmosphere was wonderful. I recommend you dine there for dinner.

A small comment to the management: we always found a big black trash bag by our door either filled with dirty laundry, towels, or just trash. Please keep the hallways to the rooms clean. The trash bag by our suite was unappealing.

Our stay at Banana Island had some mishaps, but the amazing staff really made a wonder job making our stay more pleasant and enjoyable. I recommend staying here. To me 2 nights were enough.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Evilmisspolite
Anantara_Doha, General Manager at Banana Island Resort Doha by Anantara, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Evilmisspolite,

Thank you for posting your comment on Trip Advisor.

We were very happy to read your review, and are glad that we could contribute to making your trip to the Banana Island Resort Doha by Anantara a great experience.

It is very satisfying to know that we could make your stay a memorable one and I have forwarded your special regards to our team members.

Our prime location will be awaiting you until your next visit and a very warm welcome back will be ensured.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

It was a great time in banana island, the service was more than 5 stars, the checkout was fast , the team member friendly, Abuzaid from reception did a great service, we will come back very soon , the hotel recommended to everyone

Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear bo3jlan,

I would like to express my gratitude to you for posting a review with regards to your recent stay at Banana Island Resort Doha by Anantara.

Your kind words during your stay is very encouraging and brings us immense joy. It is nice to read that you enjoyed and that you recognised the friendly service by all our team. The most important aspect of any stay is of course the service of our team members and they will be very happy that you mentioned them by name.

It'll certainly be a pleasure to welcome you back again and we hope it won't be too long a wait!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I feel I was in Heaven. For first time in my life, Planned properly my holidays in Ananthara hotel in Banana Island, Qatar. very good Hotel and service is good. Transportation inside island shall be improved.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Minor Hotels

Dear Passport21373479435,

Thank you very much for taking a moment to share your comments about our resort.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Me and my now Fiancé recently spent the night at Banana Island, The stay was Amazing- in fact "Exceptional".
The property it self was breathtaking and the staff made our stay a memorable experience going above and beyond in every way they could.
To mention the superstars Harshit From F&B that made our dinner unforgettable and took very good care of us. Lovena & Praveen from the front office team that were always on point and didn't miss anything we could ever ask for (as the room we stayed in was beyond our dreams).
Last but not least a big Thankyou to Hasim,-he made the day go ahead as planned,always helpful and attended to our needs and as well for requests where he went above and beyond.
THANK YOU AGAIN TO THE BANANA ISLAND TEAM!! WE WILL BE BACK,
Adrian & Khaoula-June 9, 2019

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear MickeyMouse97,

We were very happy to be a part of your special occasion!

Please allow me to express my sincere gratitude for taking time to share your unforgettable experience at Banana Island Resort. You have also emphasised a lot of positive aspects during your stay and we thank you for your generous praises.

I an also happy that you found our team professional, friendly and helpful and had some great experiences. Thank you for mentioning so many of our team embers by name and we will make sure that we convey your praise to them.

Our entire team says "Thank you" and we would look forward to welcome you back for another stay with us in the near future.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

i had great day at Banana Island Resort Doha by Anantara went to azraq restaurant the food was good, very very very good customer service friendly and welcoming atmosphere from all of the team. start with the Manger ,chef, waiters ( Amir ) & hostess
and what i like the relationship between the manager & the team. greeting & smile.

• Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Masry888,

We're delighted to learn that you enjoyed your time here with us and we thank you for sharing your kind comments and honest feedback regarding your experience. We are especially pleased to hear that you found our staff welcoming and friendly and that you enjoyed your experiences at Banana Island.

We are very happy that we succeeded in providing you a holiday that left you truly satisfied and we look forward to your return visit for an even better experience.