“Best Morocco restaurant in the world”

Wyndham Grand Regency Doha
Ranked #40 of 131 Hotels in Doha
“Best Morocco restaurant in the world”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2014 via mobile

In Wyndham Regency Hotel there is one of the best restaurant that I taste.
" Tanjia Restaurant "

Actually the staff really friendly and helpful especially Nawal and Sukaina .
The food was delicious , fresh and tasty.

The decoration beautiful , its like we are in Morocco .
There was a singer also , very nice restaurant and romantic place to eat really delicious food.

Thank you Wyndham Regency Hotel for that beautiful restaurant.

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Ghanim A
Ayman I, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Grand Regency Doha, responded to this review, August 31, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback, and it was really our pleasure to have you with us.

Such a comment is a great motivation for us and it will definitely be shared with the management.

Thanks again and looking forward to welcoming you back.

Best Regards,

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

I was almost constrict to pass by Doha after a long business trip in Asia but at the end was a good experience. I had the pleasure to try the Asian restaurant and I was really surprised in positive for good food and service that I got. The service is really great and the atmosphere really relaxing. Price was OK. Good limousine service at the entrance. Will book in the hotel on my possible next trip.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Alec009
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful review. I'm glad to read that you enjoyed our services and facilities. I'm specially delighted to know that our team made your experience memorable.

Look forward to welcome you again with us.

Kind Regards,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

Great weekend in Doha!!!
Beautiful HOTEL!!!! Service staff is friendly, helpful and very professional. Rooms is big & confi. Lobby is full of art, Al kut lounge was AWESOME so oriental with with Ipad menus on the table & excellent service staff. We met there Italian manager that was explaining the concept of the hotel and how unique is the place. We had giant burger that was very tasty and big. With recommendation we went to Chopstic Asian restaurant for dinner that serves fantastic Tom Yam soup ( I made my order myself in Ipad menu ), very good selection of maki sushi ( will find very good variety of dishes ). Pool facilities is convenient ( but is not resort ) for Aug in Doha. For shopping Vilagio Mall is very close to hotel ( inside like Venice ), Torch building that has great park( but weather is too hot to walk outside ) Defiantly coming back!!!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the review, we were delighted to hear you enjoyed yourself and look forward to welcoming you back for another excellent experience.

All the best,

Rome, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2014

The hotel is a nice, elegant 5 stars hotel in Al Sadd area (more than 20 km far from the new airport, and 5 km far from the West Bay area - i.e., the business district - and almost the same from the main souq). The level of service and the attention to the client are definitely high while rooms (at least mine -> 219) seem to be somehow outdated and would need some renovation. Breakfast (continental breakfast) is absolutely delicious and there is definitely huge variety in the food; the kitchen opens at 6.30 (and for Doha working hours may be somehow late) but the restaurant (and the buffet) opens before (at least at 6am). Interesting selection of restaurants (Chopstick mainly) and good wellness centre (small gym with everything you may need, small swimming pool at the centre of the internal courtyard perfect to relax … less to swim). Parking facilities are not convenient: waiting time to have the car back may be from 5 to 15 minutes.

Room Tip: Ask not to have a room facing the internal courtyard: they lack sun light while being quite noisy.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. We take all comments very seriously and understand while you enjoyed our services in general, you also found some areas lacking, namely valet parking, room decoration, and kitchen opening timing. In many ways we are happy that our team met your expectation, but also we apologize that we have caused you any inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Front Office Manger
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

Atrocious service! My husband and I dropped by for lunch in the hotels's lobby, with the notion that we would enquire thereafter about joining the hotels's gym and leisure facilities on the second floor. We were met by a waiter who discussed the artwork in the lobby, as it was clear this was our first visit and were struck in awe of the lobby. He handed us an iPad with a 10 minute film on where the collection of art originated from but not being art buffs, we paused the film and ordered food, thinking we could continue to watch it as the food was being prepared. We ordered tea for two and cold sandwiches (not the afternoon teas or anything special). After 30 minutes, we caught glimpses of the staff flirting and playing around in the cafe area but being that they were distracted, we continued to watch the art film. We were thirsty and a bit hungry....we were there to eat and by now we were wondering where our waiter and tea was. Another waiter appeared with two cups and saucers and the sugar....no milk, no spoons, no napkins and no sandwiches. We did however realise that our tea was left in two pots on their counter for some time. When the 30 minutes was up, my husband spoke with the two staff members as our waiter was clearly missing in action and requested that our order be cancelled. Despite the fact it is now 40+ Degrees in Doha, we had no water, no tea, nothing on our table to settle a bill and so we left. My husband is a diabetic who has to eat at regular intervals and so with this in mind, he made a formal complaint to the Receptionist who had initially showed us where the lobby restaurant was. She was slightly taken back and said, 'I remember you both, you haven't been served yet?' We explained that our order was taken 30 minutes ago, that we watched the art film on the iPad and that being a diabetic, my husband had to eat. She apologised and offered us 'food' but we figured that if it took 30 minutes to do tea and cold sandwiches, then we couldn't wait for a hot meal. She asked for our details to forward onto the Restaurant Manager but my husband's well-being was a priority. The fact is there are two areas of concern: where was the Restaurant or Floor Manager to oversee the process of three young members of staff teasing and playing around, a good Manager would have seen that customers were just waiting without food or water? and secondly, after explaining that I was a TripAdvisor Reviewer, we should not have left that hotel in the manner that happened. The poor valet guy asked that I take a seat and wait but I told him I waited 30 minutes for food and didn't want to sit and wait again. We left and went to IKEA to do our shopping but immediately headed to their restaurant knowing that, as cheap and cheerful it may be, you get food without a wait period. After I cooled down, I did telephone the hotel but was put through to three members of staff and was finally put on hold for 15 minutes....I hung up in disgust. Plain and simple, I have no desire nor inclination to want to visit the Wyndham Grand Regency again....there is nothing grand about wasting 45 minutes of my day! Avoid the disappointment, do a u-turn and go somewhere else that makes you want to spend your time and well earned money elsewhere!

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank shortbreaktravellers
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your review here on TripAdvisor and advising us of your dissatisfaction regarding your dining experience in Al Kut Caffee.

I am extremely sorry to hear about your experience . Your concerns have been addressed with the respective heads of department and actions are taken to avoid future re-occurrence. I am truly disappointed that we fail to exceed your expectation please accept my sincerest apologies.

I do hope to have another opportunity to welcome you in the hotel in order to show you that we could perform at a higher level. Appreciate if you could contact me directly at EAbela@wyndham.com for any future visit at Wyndham Grand Regency.

Best Regards
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is good.Rooms are comfortable and stylish.Rooms are very clean and nicely decorated.Reception area also designed very well.Reception service is good.Overall service is good as well as the hotel.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Look forward to welcome you again with us.

Kind Regards,

Doha, Qatar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

My friend was staying here on a doha over night visit. I met her for buffet dinner and the food was actually really good! I have been to a few iftars at the hotels in west bay and I would say the food was on par with the W buffet and actually liked the selection better!

The restaurant just isn't such a great setting but great value for money and somewhere different to eat in doha.

Really liked the lobby of the hotel!

Stayed July 2014
Ayman I, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Grand Regency Doha, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time to offer us your valuable feedback. We are very grateful for your kind compliments.
It has been our pleasure to serve you, we look forward to welcome you again.

Yours Sincerely,