“Great Hotel”

Ranked #43 of 135 Hotels in Doha
Durham, New Hampshire
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I stayed here for a week with my two sons (9 and 11). I was in Doha for work at a school, and I brought my kids to experience a week in the region. We were treated really well and with lots of kindness at the hotel. We ate breakfast every day in the hotel restaurant and we were never disappointed. The food was wonderful, the restaurant was spotless, and the staff was lovely. My kids went swimming every day and some evenings, although by local standards it was probably too chilly. For us, arriving from the northeast US, it was balmy! My kids often had the pool to themselves while I read in one of the lounge chairs. The room was small, and the beds were twin-size, but we managed just fine. The room was clean and simple, and that was all we needed. There are only a few downsides to this hotel. The first one is its location. It's not near downtown, so you'd need a car service to get to any city sights. Another is the fact that our room was in a spot where we could hear vacuuming late into the night. It didn't keep my kids awake, but I did wake up to it a couple of times. The last issue is the fact that people can smoke in the lobby. They do a really good job of filtering the air, so it never was a deal-breaker. It didn't affect us in our room nor did it really bother us in the public areas of the hotel, even though I'm usually quite sensitive to and annoyed by to cigarette smoke. This was my second time to stay at this hotel for almost a week each time, and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Ayman I, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Grand Regency Doha, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you would highly recommend our Hotel. Furthermore, thank you for your kind words about the staff which I have shared with them.

That said, I have noted your comments about the location and the noise from vacuuming and I would like to apologies for any inconvenience you experienced.

Thank you for choosing Wyndham Grand Regency. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on another occasion.

Kind regards,

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed January 29, 2014

The overall facilities are maintained well. Although my room (547) was suppose to be non-smoking, there was a lingering smoke smell in the bathroom (Toilet area). I did mentioned this to House Cleaning and they said they would attend to the matter, but if they did the smell was still there.
The check in staff where nice and friendly as is all the staff in the hotel.
The only area that needs improvement is valet parking. Even when I would call 30 to 40 minutes in advance for my car, it was never there (mornings seemed to be the problem from Sunday to Thursday). They said it was due to traffic around the building, but not sure if that is the case. What I did was called for the car upon when I woke up which was an hour before I would depart in the morning for work and the car was there when I was ready to leave for work.
This is a dry hotel, so do not expect beer, wine or cocktails at this hotel. The buffet restuarant food was good and there was plenty of choices. The Buffet Restuarant staff was outstanding and always friendly.

The overall room (Executive Room) was comfortable and spacious. Room was very clean and housekeeping staff did a good job in servicing the room. Laundry service was very good. The only issue is that the walls between rooms are very thin and you can hear the conversations of other guests in the adjoining rooms.
The fitness center is very good with both free weights, weight machines and cardio machines. Can get a complete workout at this facility.

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

1 Thank Jim L
Ayman I, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Grand Regency Doha, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

It is a pleasure to note that you liked the room we had allocated for you and found it to be comfortable and spacious.

We are also glad that you were able to make use of some outlets at the hotel and especially the fitness center. However, having also taken note of your comment with regards to valet parking, we are sorry to hear that you were not fully pleased with the valet service on this occasion. Please be assured that your feedback has been positively taken onboard and shared with the concerned manager for necessary and corrective action to be taken.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write your review and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Yours sincerely,

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Dear All
I have stayed in this hotel with my family for a week. I booked two rooms. They gave two rooms on Fifth floor .they were small and could hear the noise of air conditions loudly. the windows looked over the internal atrium which gave a depressive feeling. Fourtunatly, next day they upgraded me to Excutive suite ( with the same price) that was realy excellent. They in fact saved my short vacation that WE really needed. Staff, Location and cleanness were excellent. Difinitly, I will go back to the suite of such price but not the 5th floor rooms even for half price if I want a VACATION.

Room Tip: I was lucky to be upgraded to the Excutive suite for such price
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Wyndham Grand Regency Doha and for taking the time to post your review on trip advisor.

I am glad to know that you and your family enjoyed the upgrade to Executive suite. Furthermore,
I was pleased to learn that you found the staff, location and cleanliness were excellent.

In addition, I regret to learn that the size of the room did not meet your expectation at the beginning of your stay.

The team and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Wyndham Grand Regency on another occasion.

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

Our 5th time here and has always excellent ,arrived very early morning within 1 hr had a room ready for us plus late check out next day,nothing too much trouble,cafe bar very good always look foward to our stay,rooms nice,bed very comfortable,

Stayed January 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your loyalty to Wyndham Grand Regency and for continuing to choose to stay with us when you visit Doha. I am delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your recent stay and I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back on your return to Doha.

Yours sincerely,

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed January 22, 2014

The hotel is clean and the rooms are good size. The staff are friendley and the duty manager Ms Nina who made our check out was very helpfull. You may want to rent a car to get to the business districts and the shopping/ resturanrs. The rate we paid was very attractive. It has medium size fitness room.

Room Tip: I stayed on the fifth floor and the room was nice.
1 Thank Abbas A
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Wyndham Grand Regency and for the kind compliments especially regarding our staff. We value all your comments and I have shared them with our entire team. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back in the near future.
Thank you and looking forward to serve you again.

Respectfully yours,