“Excellent Getaway”

Ranked #2 of 135 Hotels in Doha
Doha
“Excellent Getaway”
Reviewed June 18, 2010

Just as the title, we used the Getaway package of Four Seasons Doha to celebrate our anniversary which included a late check out at 6 pm, that made us spend lots of time by the pool.

The hotel is wonderful. The rooms are very comfortable, a big bathroom with bath tub and shower, a large mirror, La Occitane shower gels, soaps, shampoos, conditioners. A incredibly comfortable bed, a flat tv with wide variety of channels...If you get a sea view room with a French Balcony the scenery is wonderful. Internet was not free, no need to bring your notebook as a keyboard is connected to TV for internet use. DVD player and an i pod dock. No kettle or coffee maker inside the room. Wonderful bathrobes and soft slippers. Clean, silent... I like the service by the pool side and at beach, they serve complimentary frozen fruits time to time. They give you an ice bucket with water inside, a lot of towels. The pool gets shaded after 2 pm so you can really chill out. Nice surroundings by the pool area, lots of trees and bushes with flowers and thats why there are flies I think. There must be a nature-friendly method to get rid of those flies. Spa services are wonderful, with swiss shower, sauna, hot stones, jakuzzis, hydrotherapy pool. Changing rooms are full of amenities.

My biggest dissappointment was regarding to the breakfast thats why I gave 4 stars to service. The staff is very helpful, everything is so nice but the food is not satisfying. We had our dinner in Il Theatro Italian Restaurant, they really have fine food. I realize they try to serve the food at the same time even for the crowded groups. Thats very important. I knew that it was seafood night at Brasserie on the Beach at the sametime. I have dined in many open buffet seafood nights in Doha. I just would like to check what they have. I was dissappointed that it is the most expensive seafood open buffet in town and there is quite a few variety of food. Yes, you can select your fish and have it cooked in the way you like but the whole buffet is not satisfying. Not much desert selection, not much salad selection. yes they have sushi stand . All the food is spread all over the area, so it looks like they do not have much to serve. Also they put very small amount of food in to the platters on the buffet, this must be to keep the food fresh and refresh so often but as there is not much variety it looks like there is nothing to eat. You can ofcourse fill your stomach but your brain or your eye may be still hungry. There is lack of pyscological satisfaction I think. That quick check gave me an idea of what I should expect for the breakfast. I was not wrong. Cold waffles and pancakes. Why not they cannot be cooked freshly in front of me? Small variety of cold cuts. Some raw fish with does not give any extra points. Very small variety of bread and baked goods. Big selection of cereals but lack of cheese and olive selection. Thats good that they have a honeycomb. Not much hot platter like sausages. Egg Benedict is nice by the way. I did not like the way at egg stand. I even did not understand if I have the chance to have scrambled egg? Just omlettes. I am writing here but I really did not bother. I must admit yes you can have a wonderful breakfast but you expect more to have at that hotel. Thats the point. May be this may be fixed with just a little touch to the buffet design, atmospehere...

No nightclub, but a cigar lounge.

Shortly, I tried to summarize my observations. None of the negative comments of mine shall feel you hesitated to go to this hotel. Because these are just because of the big expectations and most of them are actually not that much important. Enjoy it.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed June 12, 2010

I have stayed at most of the four seasons and can rarely fault them on excellence - yes they are expensive, but normally worth every penny. Not the one in Doha. The hotel itself is the normal standard - nice rooms, common areas, pool area and spa. The service is not so great - it very much depends upon who you get, certainly not consistant. The food was average in the places I ate. Also having stayed there I left with the feeling they are really trying to "rip you off", the best being that if you want to leave the hotel and don't have your own transport, you HAVE to take a hotel cab - NO other option - they will not call you a normal cab and hardly any pass by. The hotel cab is 60-70% more expensive than other hotel cabs / normal taxi's. Also whilst the spa treatments are great, the otehr spa's I have visited in Doha offer much more general amenities - drinks (other than water), fruit, wider selection of toiletries etc I just felt for the money you for sure get better value and service at the W, Intercontinental, Ritz and just a nice Spa areas etc. This hotel lets what is normally a good chain down.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank ta2306
Doha
Reviewed June 12, 2010

Our trip to Four Seasons Doha was a weekend getaway. Once you step inside the doors of the hotel its like entering a totally different world. The ambience has been pain-stakingly created to give the guests the feel of a luxury resort. The pool side was excellent and had a tropical feel to it. There were several large and small pools for adults and kids accordingly. My 9-year old daughter had a blast and refused to get out of the water even after a couple of hours. The service and the staff are the best I have ever encountered. They went out of their way to make the guests comfortable and at home. The pool-side restaurant was good. But the choice was limited. I feel that they could add a few more items on their menu. They also have activities for kids but my daughter did not seem interested in engaging in any other activity other than swimming in the pool. The private beach was well-maintained and a lot of families could be seen enjoying building sand castles with their kids.
All in all it was a very memorable experience and we definitely would love to go back there again in the near future.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
saudi arabia
Reviewed May 16, 2010

great in all aspects. food, room aminities, bed, staff,,,just could not find any flaw in it.
i stayed for two nights attending a course in the same hotel. it was good plannign from the company who offered the course, but it was very clear to me that the hotel helped in making it a very special occasion for all participants. thank you four seasons for this

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed March 17, 2010

Super Services, good rooms, nice beach and qualified service labour.

Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
Melbourne
Reviewed February 3, 2010

We booked 2 adjoining rooms here as were were travelling with 2 boys aged 9 and 15. This hotel is simply stunning. We had a beautiful view of the boat harbour & pools, and the service was incredible (they change the glasses in the fridge twice a day even if you dont use them). We had drinks in the bar and they brought out snacks of endame, nuts and olives - when they were nearly all gone they brought more!

The buffet breakfast was one of the best we have had, with my older son in heaven with the selection. I used the hair salon which was located near the spa - lovely serene area. They did a great job and it was the same price as getting my hair done in Australia.

We organised drivers from the hotel to take us to the Museum of Islamic Art (gorgeous) and also to take us to Villagio Shopping Mall which was incredible - every name you could think of was there from Gap, Zara, H & M up to Prada, Tiffany etc.

The concierge also recommended a great Lebanese restaurant at The Pearl which we all loved. Delicious food and lovely surroundings.

Would definitely stay here again. We travelled with Qatar airways to and from Kenya so this was the perfect stop over on the way home to Melbourne.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Leer
Colombia
Reviewed January 16, 2010

Owesome hotel, well located, outstanding service, spacious room, Private Beach and Spa must be checked, memorable dinner at the Italian restaurant, 30 mn away from Galleria shopping mall

Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple