“Ended up being a great stay with a rocky start”

Four Seasons Hotel Doha
Ranked #3 of 138 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We booked a suite for ourselves and 21 month old son for 3 nights. We checked in and had a beautiful fruit plate waiting for us, room was great. Nice view of the city and the ocean. Huge bathroom and bathtub.
Went to the pool and had to get our own chairs set up. No sign of staff. Swam for a bit then headed to the beach. Finally got a beer! Swam out to the floating dock, very neat. Our son loved the piggy back ride swim out and all the small fish around the dock. Decided to have dinner on the patio out by the beach. Server was great with our son, even brought cookies for him that I had to hide :)
I order beef tenderloin medium rare. It took about 30 minutes to get our food. My stock was well done. By that time we could not wait to get a new one rebooked as our son was ready to go to bed. The rest of the food was great. They were very nice and comped the meal.
The TV wasn't working when we got to the room and someone had to come up and service it. Then after we got our son to bed I was excited about the bath tub. The water was Luke warm, I could only stay in for 3 minutes. The next morning it was fine. We had called to tell them about it, but could not have someone come in, as our son was sleeping.
Next day we had great pool time, but when we got to our room the key would not work. The staff was cleaning and they could not get it open with a master key either. Turns out the lock itself was broken and we had to be moved to another room. We were really disappointed at this time! This is Four Seasons, not motel 6!
They told us they would buy us dinner the next night, which they did, and that was nice. From that point on we received very good service and no more problems. It was a rocky start. We will give it another try. All the food and staff was excellent at the hotel. Our son loved all the attention. We even tried the kids club with him and there was a fun room upstairs with video games, air hockey, and fuze ball. We enjoyed that. (Bad sand storm that day).
Newcomers to Doha: everything is closed on Friday mornings, so if you have a sand storm, you are pretty much stuck in the hotel until afternoon.
All in all it was a nice stay, and they made up for the problems. They said they will upgrade us next time we come, which is a nice gesture. We will return.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Shadi S, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Doha, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Thank you for giving us the feedback on your recent stay here at Four Seasons Hotel Doha. We appreciate you sharing your experience with us. While there were positive aspects to the stay, I fully accept that we failed to meet your expectations in the areas you have identified. For this I apologize only wish I could turn back the clock to make it right.

I take on board your points and will work closely with the team here to ensure we look into the issues you’ve raised. We pride ourselves on our service standards and we know we can do better.
Thank you for giving us another chance to have you in the future, please make any future reservations directly to myself; shadi.suleman@fourseasons.com or with Valerie at valerie.hipolito@fourseasons.com to ensure a better experience and a memorable stay.

Shadi Suleman
Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,131)

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Once upon a time there was a 2 year wait to get a membership for this spa!
I’ve been a member there for few years and saw the service deteriorate.
Here are some of the common problems; understaffed, limited food and beverage menu, torn towels and slow and impersonal service.
However I am writing the review because Mr. George (was told he was in charge of the beach area) was too busy to attend to my complaint, so I am writing this review for him to read it at his own convenience.
Like every Friday, I had to find my own way to the beach, chase down a member of the staff to bring me coffee and a water box. 15 Minutes later, a member of the staff came to take the water box from me and asked if he could refresh it, I told him I only took one bottle and its fine, he said he will refresh it and bring it back. I agreed and told myself maybe they decided to do something about their bad service! Half an hour passed and I still didn't get my water box back! Again, I had to chase a staff member and ask for one! He got it and told me, someone had lost his watch in one of the boxes and they were looking for it! I think if I didn’t ask for one, I would've been with no water under the boiling 40 degrees sun!
The beach wasn't crowed today and there were plenty of beds, I’ve chosen a place where I can see the bay from, the same person who took my box decided to place a couple right in front of me and to top it got them a sunbrella and opened it! There was an entire empty row next to me; he could’ve placed them in front that! I was really pissed off and told him thank you for ruining my view, he offered to relocate me!
My only day off was ruined thanks to them!
P.S I am not waiting for a fancy 5 star hotel replay, we all know they are worthless!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank aliabdulla77
Ahmed K, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Doha, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent visit with us here at Four Seasons Hotel Doha.
I do apologize that we failed to meet your expectations on this occasion and I am very concerned to read the detail of your review as I know we can do so much better than that. We do appreciate you taking the time to write with your candid feedback as it only by being made aware of such shortcomings that we can address them, learn and improve.
I would like to ask for the opportunity to discuss this matter with you and further review your experience. You may email me at shadi.suleman@fourseasons.com and schedule a convenient time for you. Once again, my apologies and I hope to hear back from you.

Shadi Suleman

Reviewed June 8, 2013

I've never stayed in the Four Seasons but attend it regularly for drinks, festivals and Brunches and it is without doubt, the finest hotel I have ever been in.The staff are brilliant and attend to your every need. The cocktails are unreal, also.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Ahmed K, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Doha, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2013

Thank you for taking the time in sharing your experience following your recent visit at Four Seasons Hotel Doha.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future for a yet another brilliant experience.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Having experienced the 4S standard in Cairo, I was glad to see I had been booked in the 4S in Doha for a business trip.
I wasn't disappointed especially as it was to be hectic couple of days and so was looking forward to the level of care that the 4S provides.
I arrived at about 10 pm after a flight from UK and a seemless pick up from the airport by the 4S limo provided.
At the hotel, I was met and taken up to my room directly without having to go through the front desk! This was so appreciated as being exhausted it reduced my stress level significantly!
Although I had to check out in the morning, the desk clerk kept my account open for me as I had to return at 5pm, but only leave for my return flight to UK at 9pm.
So I was able to enjoy a meal on the pool terrace in the cool of the evening before having to leave.
My only complain was that I couldn't stay for another day! :-)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TommyTucker1945

On behalf of the Four Seasons Hotel Doha team, I would like to send our heartfelt appreciation for a posting a review following your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Doha.

I was delighted to read your wonderful remarks about our products and services and we very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future whenever your business or pleasure travels, brings you to Doha.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

This hotel is ideally situated within close proximity of the city center and the main offices quarters. The rooms were spacious and very luxurious, very well equipped with all kinds of amenities. I believe they all face the sea - mine was facing the sea and the view from the room is simply breathtaking.
The hotel has a private beach 2 mins walk from the reception and it was very clean, hence very pleasant to bathe in. I didn't try the swimming pool but it looked magnificent.
All 3 restaurants (Asian, Italian and Pool Side Grill) serve great food and I think I sampled 4 cuisines in total, all very good.
Not cheap, but would go back any day.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

I am delighted to learn that you had a splendid stay with us. I will be certain to share your comments with the rest of the staff.

It was a pleasure to have you with us and we look forward to your future visits here at Four Seasons Hotel Doha for another great experience.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Excellent experience in Four Seasons Doha. Very friendly staff, excellent food, room space, furniture, amenities, cleanliness...etc.were excellent. Other aspects as well (conference, banqueting, airport transfer...) were excellent as well. Strongly recommend using this hotel

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Ahmed K, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Doha, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

I would like to thank you for taking the time to submit a review concerning your recent stay at Four Season Hotel Doha.

It was a delight to know that you had a memorable and lavish experience while staying with us and on behalf of the whole team here we thank you for your compliments.

Always a pleasure having you with us and we look forward to your future visits for another excellent experience.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

I went for one night with a group friends, you know, just a quick break while in the city. The place is very clean, rooms, lobby, overall, but it was a windy day, a lot of dried leaves were swimming with us in the swimming pool.

The room had a coffee machine, but did not have a kettle. On Friday we used three packs of the coffee and the only 2 packs of mil, next day after the room was serviced, they were not replaced, so i wasn’t able to use the left of the coffee.

All the hotels i have been to in the last 5 years always offer complementary water bottles, even 3 star hotels, this one didnt, i had to order mineral water at the price of 30 riyals. in any supermarket i can get at least another 5 big bottles for that price.

Bathroom, very spacious, nice, they are dealing with L'occitane, which is very good, but for a double room, we need 2 of everything, i had to order extra amenities. The bathroom has the basic towels, hair dryer, some cotton buds, soaps and that it. i have seen more stuff for lesser prices in other 5 star hotels.

The food all in all was good. They have an Italian place, didn’t get fond of it that much, usually the Italian cuisine is very diverse and options are endless, this one wasn’t.
Breakfast was great, plenty of options, handmade fresh yoghurt, juices, fruits, cereal, egg station, you name it.

Swimming pools are good; many are there, plus the sea, so it’s your call.
Now, the real treat is the spa and facilities related to it. Of course stuff like facial and massage you have to pay for, but many options are there, you can’t get enough of. The water therapy pool is just A.M.A.Z.I.N.G, the Jacuzzi, steam room,, etc etc. this was what made it up for any other issue i might felt as a little bit negative.

Final thing is, all staff are very helpful, friendly, attentive, from the door man, to the pool staff, receptionists, room service providers, spa, all of them are very professional.
I would go there one more time but with my own water bottles and demand extra milk and coffee.

Room Tip: Try to choose rooms on the third floor facing the sea and a little bit on the left side of the hotel...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Ahmed K, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Doha, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent visit with us. Was glad to know that you had positive experience at the Spa, breakfast offerings and the service you received from our team. Clearly there were some issues you addressed that did not meet your expectations. Please accept our apologies for all the shortcomings you mentioned.

We are grateful that despite of your disappointments you decided to give us another chance. Please make any future reservations directly to myself; ahmed.khalaf@fourseasons.com or my assistant Valerie at valerie.hipolito@fourseasons.com.

Looking forward to seeing you back soon and we assure you a better experience and a memorable stay.