“The great La Spiga !!!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 19, 2014

The newest edition in the W Hotel is something that was really refreshing and needed.Even though Market and Spice Market are really good restaurants, La Spiga by Papermoon make a difference.With the great selection of the Italian food and wonderful and friendly service ,great ambiance and beautiful patio this restaurant is what was missing in Doha.
We had the crispy Calamari whit the tartar sauce from the starter menu and the Seabass from the main selection.Both of them were delicious, and what was the best thing the great selection of wine that they have.Wines that only this place have in Doha.
Thank you guys very much and see you again.

WDohaHotelResidences, E-Insider at La Spiga by Paper Moon, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Hello ivan i,

Thank you very much for your kind review of La Spiga by Paper Moon! We were glad to read that you enjoyed your time at our restaurant.

Hope to welcome you back again soon!

The E-Insider

Write a ReviewReviews (1,038)

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Me and my friends have decided to visit the recently opened new restaurant La Spiga in W Hotel and I must say we had the best time.
The Melanzane was dellisious with the perfect touch of parmesan. We chose the pasta as a our main course which was great.We shered the ravioli,papadelle and the gnnoci ALL OF THE WERE JUST WOOOOOWWWW.We finished the night with a creammy tiramisu and lava cake.The service is so atentive and really friendly.Big thanks to Voin for taking care of us.Really great place with the real taste of Italy!

WDohaHotelResidences, E-Insider at La Spiga by Paper Moon, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Hello Kvizii,

Thank you very much for you great review of La Spiga! We were delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable time at our restaurant and that we could exceed your expectations with regards to the food and the service of our team!

Reviewed January 13, 2014

During our stay at the Four Seasons Hotel we had the opportunity to dine here twice. The restaurant is brand new but I had previously heard about it from family members who happen to be staying in Qatar, even before getting to Doha. In fact I was urged to try it and never regretted it.

LOCATION: Located on the ground floor of W Doha and within walking distance (almost opposite) the City Central Mall.

THE IDEA: The authentic details of ‘Paper Moon’ (a family-run Italian restaurant that first opened in Via Bagutta -Milan) was the inspiration behind the launch of La Spiga in Doha.

INTERIOR: An Italian-inspired sleek and sophisticated décor, trendy and chic at the same time. It includes the signature Paper Moon ‘wall of fame’ showcasing familiar celebrity faces. The iconic disco ball pizza oven by the entrance, with lights on and its bronze mosaic glowing finishing, gives the impression that it is spinning.

STAFF/SERVICE: Impeccable service. The staff works with commendable zeal. I found them warm and friendly. I appreciated their knowledge of different dishes. This special attention of customer service besides the amazing cuisine, was one of the reasons we returned again the following night.

CUISINE: Dishes are inspired by the heritage and dining culture of Northern Italy. The two nights I was here I found the tastes original and mouth-watering. It is obvious that ingredients are fresh and I loved the simplicity of flavors.

COCKTAILS: As an appetizing drink from the list of Special Cocktails, I tried both the East Key West which had a gorgeous taste. (Based on Vodka, Lemon Juice, Strawberry Puree and Ginger Ale) -QR 65 (€13.50)

The other Cooler was the Paper Moon Club Syle. (Based on Vodka/orange juice, Cucumber & lemon and sparkling wine (Spumante) QR 95 (€19.00) totally different between them but each with its unique taste.

PRE-STARTERS: A bread basket with roll breads were brought on the table. Both rolls and the crunchy focassia were yummy. I had a few bites to whet my appetite and as I wait for the starters I had time to spot some more details in the interior. The restaurant is designed in such a way to allow diners watch the preparation and display of the food in the kitchen. The bar and crockery are also exposed. Transparent cabinets on the wall are adorned with yellow boxes filled with wheat corns. This is a nod to the restaurant name –La Spiga.

APPETIZERS: Out comes the first starter, the Tartare di Salmon with Avocado. It was refreshing and bursting with flavor. QR 80 (€16.00)

The Vitello Tonnato (Cold sliced veal in Tuna sauce) -a dish of outrageous textural excellence. QR 90 (€18.50)
Carpaccio di Polpo was good but I admit I have had better. QR 80 (€16.00), however the Tortino di Melanzane alla Parmigiana was a symphony of Italian flavors. It was heavenly! QR 60 (€12.00)

SALADS rank between QR 40-90. (€8.00 -18.00) I was impressed with the Insalata di Spinaci with goats’ cheese, sundried tomatoes, thinly sliced raw mushrooms and caramelized walnuts. A nutrient full of flavor salad!

The service is excellent and once we are done, our plates are promptly cleared. Mains follow shortly and they look tempting.

BEVERAGE: We paired our dishes with Traminer Forchir. (Typically aromatic, and seductive. Sip satisfying, full and round with beautiful closure of bitter almonds.

MAIN COURSE: The two antipasti were light and tasty. The Ravioli di Formaggi in Truffle cream Sauce was a Wow! Truffle flavor is a favorite of mine. QR 90 (€18.00)

My husband had the Pappardelle dish, -I had a nibble only to taste. The pasta was fresh and bouncy (al dente) the sauce, well balanced and the smoked beef added the right amount of saltiness to the dish. Both were great. QR 65 (€13.50) Well-worth a try.

The Battuta di Manzo -beef sirloin QR 110 (€23.00) and the Costoletta di Vitello “Primavera” (Veal chop) QR 145 (€29.00) were nicely presented, very tender and juicy.

PIZZAS: How could we leave without tasting at least one Pizza! The Porcini e Tartufo topped with arugula was crunchy and hearty and was ultra-satisfying. QR 85 (17.00) –highly recommended!

DESSERT: I tried both the Millefoglie and the classic Tiramisu, both cost QR 45 (€9.00)
Tiramisu had a tempting presentation, sugar balanced but too creamy probably lacking ladyfinger. The millefoglie though was the perfect gourmet desert. It melts in the mouth, light and refreshing.

TIP: Pre-booking is highly recommended. Dress code smart casual. Due to its popularity the restaurant gets crowded and a bit noisy. Smoking is allowed.

Opening Hours: Lunch 12:00 -16:00; Pizza 16:00 -18:00; Dinner: 18:00 -23:30.

IN ALL: I could describe the dining luscious. I loved the simplicity of the dishes and found them light and extremely tasty. The team is unbeatable, the service excellent and I have already recommended it to some friends who are visiting Doha next month.

WDohaHotelResidences, E-Insider at La Spiga by Paper Moon, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Hello greekcypriot2009,

Thank you very much for your fantastic review of La Spiga by Paper Moon, we were delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable time at our restaurant from start to finish!

Looking forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed January 11, 2014

We had a lovely lunch in La Spiga on the weekend. I really wanted to eat outside in the lovely courtyard but it was one of those rare rainy days in Doha. But inside is so beautiful with that amazing disco ball pizza oven taking centre stage. We had the 95QAR express lunch, which offers great value and doesn't necessarily mean express, we had a lazy long Italian lunch for nearly 3 hours! The girls tried the fried crispy fried calamari, I had the 4 cheese cheese and we tried the eggplant melanzane too. All delicious. Don't miss the bread basket, the crispy flat pastry bread is the winner, our waiter told us it's all made at the restarant, btw you can see the busy kitchen from the dining room. Mains were lasagne (Italian style not American style), beef sirloin minute steak and chicken milanese (for those Australians that's Chicken Parmigiana without the tomato sauce or mozzarella). Next was dessert, a crackly creme brulee, creamy panna cotta and refreshing sorbet. We all enjoyed the food, albeit we couldn't finish it all! The service too was friendly and informative, thank you Denis & Gabby. Will be back, perhaps on a sunny day to enjoy that courtyard before it get's too warm!

Hello SumoDoha,

Thank you very much for your lovely review of La Spiga! We were very happy to hear that you ladies enjoyed your lunch with us!

Hope to welcome you back again for another great La Spiga experience!

Reviewed January 8, 2014

I visited La Spiga with last week and found the staff to be helpful, knowledgable and very attentive. Due to Doha traffic, we arrived 45 minutes later than our reservation and the staff were not at all bothered. They had kept our table and did not rush us. The serving staff made us feel completely at ease and inspired trust when helping us decide from the menu. When the food came, it was exactly as described and cooked to perfection. Overall an excellent dining experience that I intend to repeat. I highly recommend La Spiga.

WDohaHotelResidences, E-Insider at La Spiga by Paper Moon, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Hello BStewart69,

Thank you very much for your lovely review of La Spiga by Paper Moon! We were very happy to hear that you had fantastic La Spiga experience!

Hope to welcome you back again soon!

The E-Insider

Been to La Spiga by Paper Moon? Share your experiences!