“more then 5 stars”

Ranked #72 of 134 Hotels in Doha
New York City, New York
“more then 5 stars”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed in this hotel start of June and would recommend it ti everyone.
They offer WIFI for free!!!!!!!
The Reception team is friendly and very helpful, was never to busy to assist with any request.
Thank you Ana & Mounira for your hospitality.
The rooms are comfortable and clean. The view of the islamic museum and west bay amazing by night.
Will return back in August!

Room Tip: All Executive Rooms has an amazing view.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mery K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Arabic first
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Likes: Been to different hotels.
I like the fact that the hotel is NEW. New and modern style yet not unique. Otherwise the overall athmosphere is good. But not something we expect for a 4-star hotel.
It is clean. And houskeeping staffs are polite and does a very good job.

Dislikes: Had problem with the booking process with the hotel RESERVATION MANAGER (I currently live in USA). We booked for 6 days, 5 night accomodation. I contacted them in advance to make sure the checking-in will be smooth upon our arrival. I contact them through emails, phone (tried multiple numbers) ; I did not get a response for almost 24 hours. Really a 4-star hotel?! Even the booking dot com tried to contact the front desk and nobody was answering. Take note, this hotel is not a 4-star hotel. I've been to different hotels and I couldn't quite say this is a 4-star.MAybe 3.5 star.

Why?

The hotel staff alone with my personal interactions with the reservation manager - AMINE did not go very well. First of all they were not honest. The told booking.com that I contacted them only once when I sent them multiple emails. When I confronted him about it, he suddenly say I am sorry and will upgrade us to a executive room which is backed up by our email. Eventhough we checked-in late, we had to wait for a quite while for room availability.(What's the sense of booking in advance). That is fine. But it is disappointing when the promised room wasn't given to us, they gave us a delux room.When we call the front desk they said there is nothing noted on our reservation and they gave me AMINE's (reservation manager) personal celphone number so I can contact him myself. (Isn't it supposed to be hotel staff's job?) So I did talk to Amine on the phone and he apologized and told us to stay on our current room for the night and said "This is my word,tommorow I will move you to an EXECUTIVE SUITE. That's is my word. I promise." I clarified it to him with "Did you say executive suite? (cz i'm only expecting executive room (actually the sea view room is the only thing I requested). You said EXECUTIVE SUITE? Tommorow? And that is your word? And you promised?" And he said "Yes that is my word. I promise. I will call them (hotel) right now." So I was like okay. Thank you. I hope this is the last time that you'll disappoint us.

The very next day, we were not moved to a different room. We tried to call the the front desk, and they said nothing was noted on our reservation. And they tried to contact AMINE and he is not picking up his phone. I personally tried to contact his celphone number and he did not picked up either. The hotel staff said "THERE IS NO MANAGER ON DUTY TODAY."
Like really?! A self-claimed 4-star hotel NO MANAGER ON DUTY?!
So we did not pushed the issue.

We are tired of the "[--]". If the manager is like that then what can you expect to the other staff.
"DISHONESTY" isn't the worst characted of a leader.
And a man who are unable to fulfill his promise. Kept giving us dispppointment.
On our third night, they moved us to a executive room with a 2 double beds (when we are a couple). We accepted it, since we like the partial sea view.

But the executive suite that was just a word.

On the room itself - There is NO PHONE DIRECTORY. NO HOTEL GUIDE BOOK. This is very unusual for the hotels. I thought it was just our room. Apparently not.

AMENITIES:
Swimming pool: It is a regular size. I'm kinda hoping for a nicer pool. But it doesn't matter. During our stay, during daytime it is too hot. During night time: It is too windy with sandstorm.

Gym: Is good. With new equipment.

Breakfast buffet: THere is no much variation. On our 4th morning. We decided to order outside. But the food in general is good.

Housekeeping: Is great. They are polite. And they did a very good job.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Doha hotels

jeddah
Reviewed June 10, 2013

a wonderful stay at Royal Rivera , made the vacation better with the pleasant front office service especially Mr.Waled for his wonderful costumer service and Mr. Nour the bell boy very helpful and pleasant as well. the room was clean and tidy housekeeping services were efficient , but the minibar was empty to my disappointment. the decor was fine, a warm and comfortable environment in the room just like home ambiance. the private car services arranged by the hotel was good and efficient driver, Mr. Yousef was very pleasant and polite. The breakfast buffet was ok could be improved better on the menu, the swimming is definitely very small, as well as the gym of the hotel. the spa services must be established as soon as possible. the location is acceptable in between airport and the city, the porch and the entrance area of the hotel must be reconstructed to look better, in the future we hope to see more better quality improvements as we do understand the hotel is still in the process of setting up. we hope the quality services will be maintained and improvised for our future visits to be a more memorable stay. the 5 nights stay was very worthwhile and pleasant with The Royal Rivera Hotel group.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Kuwait
Reviewed June 3, 2013

more three start than four. I stayed here for 24 hours on my way out of Qatar. It was brand new ( open only one month). the rooms were clean and modern and comfortable. the staff were was helpful and courteous but there were some bugs: the sink and bathtub will over flow on full strength of the tap, and I ended up flooding my hotel room bathroom from both two times. Wait times for service for maintenance and hotel staff can take well over one hour and will take re-calling to remind them to come to your room. Room service comes from a sister hotel and they will charge you local call fees to transfer to the hotel to order and room service can take over an hour as they keep saying "their driver is busy". Hopefully these issues will be solved as the hotel grows. the hotel decor is a little gaudy and makes the hotel look older strangely and the hotel staff SHOULD not be wearing jeans( denim) with their uniforms, it's unprofessional and furthermore they have only two phone lines in the hotel so trying to the call the front desk will often times result in a busy tone. It's close to the airport and not to far from downtown and the price does make it worth it but in walking distance there's not too much around.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 22, 2013

This new hotel is great, a driver picked us up at the airport which I would recommend as it's so new some taxi drivers may not know it yet, sometimes easier to give the name of the hotel next door as a reference. We arrived really early and our room wasn't ready so we went for a wander along the corniche which is only 2 min away then onto the souq wakif which is a real experience. by this time we had literally started to melt so we returned to check out the roof top pool which has great views of the city. Breakfast wasn't amazing but was adequate as it's included in the price. Overall I would definitely recommend this hotel for the old town and sights. If you are in Doha for business you should stay on the other side of the corniche.

Room Tip: Go high for the best view and request a sea view as the skyline of the business district is stunning...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 16, 2013

A brand new hotel which already stands for service and politeness.
Close to the airport and easy to locate.
The restaurant and the pool are going to open, just ask to the reveption in advance in case you need them.
The have a smart and fare limousine service.

• Stayed May 2013
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I booked this hotel for my parents, I live in Doha and they were visiting for the first time. When I requested a sea view room, I was told that the grade I had booked didn't have sea views and that they would upgrade my parents instead, a great start!
The hotel is slightly back from the cornice but provides amazing views from the higher floors. It is surrounded with construction, but show me somewhere in Doha that isn't! Staff couldn't have been friendlier or more helpful and check-in was relatively quick.
I didn't stay there but I saw the room my parents had, it was a good size with all the amenities you would expect and a great sized bathroom. The room was cleaned daily with tea, coffee and water replaced. The breakfast was good with a choice of hot or cold, served in a buffet style. If anything, Mum said the staff were too keen as sometimes a half drank cup of tea was whisked away whilst she was getting her toast!
The Concierge was very helpful in providing my parents with information and provided a number for a recommended driver. Unless you know where you are going, taxis in Doha are not a good idea, as they often get lost! Most trips around Doha, with a private driver will cost around 5-10 British Pounds. They didn't use the pool as it is surrounded by glass and were worried it would get quite hot inside, instead they visited a local beach club and paid 40qr per day (about 7 British Pounds)
My Dad's personal highlight, the fresh dates in the lobby!

Room Tip: Higher floors with a sea view
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple