The Royal Riviera Hotel
$113
Ramada Encore Doha(Doha)(Great Value!)
$47
$93
$238
$294
FourSeasons.com
Copthorne Hotel Doha(Doha)(Great Value!)
$80
$70
Priceline
All reviewsmuseum of islamic artvery nice hotelno alcoholbathroom floorrooftop poolfront office staffbreakfast buffetsouq waqifspecial thankscornicheshishaqatarairportstopovercornishmrconstruction
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 3, 2013

more three start than four. I stayed here for 24 hours on my way out of Qatar. It was brand new ( open only one month). the rooms were clean and modern and comfortable. the staff were was helpful and courteous but there were some bugs: the sink and bathtub will over flow on full strength of the tap, and I ended up flooding my hotel room bathroom from both two times. Wait times for service for maintenance and hotel staff can take well over one hour and will take re-calling to remind them to come to your room. Room service comes from a sister hotel and they will charge you local call fees to transfer to the hotel to order and room service can take over an hour as they keep saying "their driver is busy". Hopefully these issues will be solved as the hotel grows. the hotel decor is a little gaudy and makes the hotel look older strangely and the hotel staff SHOULD not be wearing jeans( denim) with their uniforms, it's unprofessional and furthermore they have only two phone lines in the hotel so trying to the call the front desk will often times result in a busy tone. It's close to the airport and not to far from downtown and the price does make it worth it but in walking distance there's not too much around.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 22, 2013

This new hotel is great, a driver picked us up at the airport which I would recommend as it's so new some taxi drivers may not know it yet, sometimes easier to give the name of the hotel next door as a reference. We arrived really early and our room wasn't ready so we went for a wander along the corniche which is only 2 min away then onto the souq wakif which is a real experience. by this time we had literally started to melt so we returned to check out the roof top pool which has great views of the city. Breakfast wasn't amazing but was adequate as it's included in the price. Overall I would definitely recommend this hotel for the old town and sights. If you are in Doha for business you should stay on the other side of the corniche.

Room Tip: Go high for the best view and request a sea view as the skyline of the business district is stunning.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 16, 2013

A brand new hotel which already stands for service and politeness.
Close to the airport and easy to locate.
The restaurant and the pool are going to open, just ask to the reveption in advance in case you need them.
The have a smart and fare limousine service.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I booked this hotel for my parents, I live in Doha and they were visiting for the first time. When I requested a sea view room, I was told that the grade I had booked didn't have sea views and that they would upgrade my parents instead, a great start!
The hotel is slightly back from the cornice but provides amazing views from the higher floors. It is surrounded with construction, but show me somewhere in Doha that isn't! Staff couldn't have been friendlier or more helpful and check-in was relatively quick.
I didn't stay there but I saw the room my parents had, it was a good size with all the amenities you would expect and a great sized bathroom. The room was cleaned daily with tea, coffee and water replaced. The breakfast was good with a choice of hot or cold, served in a buffet style. If anything, Mum said the staff were too keen as sometimes a half drank cup of tea was whisked away whilst she was getting her toast!
The Concierge was very helpful in providing my parents with information and provided a number for a recommended driver. Unless you know where you are going, taxis in Doha are not a good idea, as they often get lost! Most trips around Doha, with a private driver will cost around 5-10 British Pounds. They didn't use the pool as it is surrounded by glass and were worried it would get quite hot inside, instead they visited a local beach club and paid 40qr per day (about 7 British Pounds)
My Dad's personal highlight, the fresh dates in the lobby!

Room Tip: Higher floors with a sea view
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2013

A new business hotel with great location next to MIA & very close to Souq Waqif. Room was nice and bed was nice; also wifi was working well. Strange thing was that there were basically sockets to charge laptop / phone in the room; there was water heater but I had to place that to the floor to be able to connect to the only socket I was able to find – maybe some design failure?

Ok, the hotel is new and staff might be new as well but I just wonder what kind of training they have received if any. I arrived directly from the airport to the hotel around 11:30am and I was just informed ‘check-in’ time is at 3pm’, I didn’t get any welcoming to the hotel or even ‘Good morning’. Very very strange! I mentioned that I know very well the international hotel timings but what is the problem for me arriving a bit earlier since the hotel was not even fully booked (and I had mentioned in my reservation that I’d like to have an early check-in). I have never waited for 45mins to check-in; and I was basically the only guest there and 6 staff members running around. Also the person in charge was using inappropriate language. After that 45mins I was asked for the payment; I told that the reservation has been paid already.

I think the breakfast was included to the room rate but didn’t queried about that and anyways on the following day my schedule was way too hectic for that so don’t know what kind of food the hotel is serving. They informed me that there’s a gym in the hotel, didn’t check that out and the guests are able to use swimming pool at Fraser Suites (same owner).

I asked about the Big Bus Tour in Doha – they informed me that there’s no bus tours in Doha, only taxis…

There’s a mosque next door, and of course my room was next to that on the 2nd floor so was able to hear the morning prayers very well. And no chance for upgrade

Hotel is nice but really needs much more training for the staff; bell boys were super nice!

Room Tip: Mosque next door
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business