“Zaatar & Cheese - That's It”

Zaatar w Zeit, Souq Waqif
Ranked #72 of 872 Restaurants in Doha
Cuisines: Lebanese
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery
Chicago, Illinois
“Zaatar & Cheese - That's It”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The zaatar & cheese alone is worth this visit. 12QR for this dish and you'll go back for more, guaranteed. It is always bustling in there, and the wait staff are very friendly and cordial and helpful as well.

Indoor as well as outdoor seating, no smoking indoors. They have televisions inside for big football matches as well.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Dave K

• Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Doha, Qatar
“The Market @ The W Hotel- Chef Rodrigo Rocks!!”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I cannot begin to express my elation at the end result of an absolutely decadent evening in The Market restaurant in March. My Colleague, friend and sister Amal is still reeling with glee at the treatment she received as a result of my workings with Chef Rodrigo for her birthday celebration.

Chef Rodrigo, at every step, represented the W Hotels customer service pledge of Whatever/Whenever to the highest level, effortlessly. When approached with my request to customize a birthday meal for Amal, he was immediately prepared to show me the depth of his skill. The ease at which he was able to assist me in preparing this event simply made, yet one more thing on my list of ‘Things To Do’, uncomplicated. I am always impressed at an individual who can make quick and thoughtful decisions and being a frequent visitor of The Market, I really appreciate that management trains, trusts and supports its staff to operate in this manner.

Getting to the best part, the meal; Let me state that the pallet of all participants is still enthused from the fresh and flavorful treat that Chef created in his lab of culinary brilliance. Every soul at the table was more at peace with each course and every bite. I do not think that I have ever heard my friend outwardly exclaim with such pleasure her anticipated joy at the thought of the next bite. She absolutely loved and devoured every item placed before her. If you have ever see the film, “When Harry Met Sally”, there is a scene where Meg Ryan is verbally excited at the restaurant table and the woman at the next table states, “I want what she is having”, this was the scene for my event at The Market. Bravo!!

To all the supporting staff, from valet, who drive my vehicle as much as I do, doormen who always have a respectful and uplifting compliment for me, your always pleasant hostesses, Levan, my most favorite bartender, attentive new management and all the servers, thank you for a perfect birthday for a dear friend whom I call sister. Her happiness is mine.

• Visited March 2013
Doha, Qatar
“Nice place with fresh Lebanese food”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

The location is in the heart of Souq Wagif , the toursit destination of Doha with plenty of cafes , outdoors is the best to sit in winter time , nice fresh food . good service , its a must try place . and its very clean .

• Visited November 2012
Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Quiet and family friendly”
Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

The seating outside is lovely in the day time, but the sheesha smell from other restaurants might be disturbing

Chicago, Illinois
“Zaatar & Cheese”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

if NOTHING else, get this!! for 12 QR, you get one of the most delicious snacks I've eaten in 18 months here!

Visited April 2012