“Great day out with the family”

Qatar Inbound Tours - Private Day Tours
Ranked #3 of 37 Tours in Doha
Reviewed May 2, 2014

We stopped over in Doha for a weekend and took the "lunch tour" with Qatar Inbound Tours. Everything booked in advance. After an initial call with Shiraz Mohammed everything else was handled by email. The Toyota Land Cruiser was at the hotel door on time and though the driver Nadeev did not speak great English we had a fantastic day out. The highlight was the dune bashing with the kids (aged 7 and 8) squealing in delight as we went up, down, sideways and backwards over the dunes. We had the desert camp to ourselves having booked for a Sunday. The lunch was very tasty though a bit too much for a family of 4. There was enough food for 10 at least. There is a pool at the camp where we swam. The beach had a bit of litter and did not appear too clean so we only paddled in the waves.

Highly recommended particularly the dune bashing.

4  Thank arunmuk
in 17 reviews
"fantastic tour"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed April 22, 2014

I booked with Inbound Tours Qatar for my family who were visiting from London. I was a bit apprehensive as I had not booked for a desert safari before and I didn't know anyone who had booked with this particular company before. Following an initial enquiry, I was very much relieved and pleased with the the prompt professional responses from the Operation Manager, Shiraz Mohammed.

My Sister, brother-in-law and 2 nephews (aged 8 & 10) chose the half day desert safari including barbeque lunch. When I dropped them to the pick up location, I found the driver already waiting for them. Both pick up and drop off were on time. The driver was excellent and it was evident that he was a very skilled and experienced driver. During the day you are provided with unlimited cold and hot drinks and a very good quality barbeque for lunch. There are sports activities for which you can bring your own sports equipment and also swimming so be sure to take a change of clothes and swimwear. The facilities are very good when you get there including clean showers and toilets.

This desert safari is indeed kid friendly but because of the dune bashing I would say definitely suitable for kids aged over 7 or 8 at least. You have access to the beach and also camel rides which the kids thoroughly enjoyed!

I would definitely recommend this company to anyone wanting to go on a desert safari in Doha or any of the other packages on their website.

(April 2014)

4  Thank Divyanambiar
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I picked Qatar Inbound Tours after some careful analysis of the reviews posted of various tour operators in Doha on Tripadvisor and I'm glad I picked them! The manager in charge of booking the tours was friendly, accomodative, professional and explained the full tour details in advance.
We picked the full day desert safari tour. Dune-bashing is a lot of fun and I would reccomend to try it atleast once during your stay in Qatar. Our driver Mohamed was courteous, respectful and caring about our wellbeing. He picked us up on time at the location specified. He was extremely skilled and put in a lot of effort to make sure we were having a good time. The Landcruiser was in immaculate condition. The other team members were friendly and also highly skilled

After dune bashing we had dinner at the camp located on the sea. The camp was quite luxurious and we were lucky to be the only ones dining at the camp. The dinner consisted of chicken, beef, salad, pitas, lentils, tea and soft drinks. It was so much we couldn't finish it all. He waited for us to have dinner and then we drove back. On the way back he did another last jump..what a treat!
Compared to the competition (which I experienced) this was the best as the dune-bashing was longer and since the drivers were more skilled, the jumps were a lot more fun. Dune-bashing is exciting, fun and an emotional bonding experience and we were glad to be with Mohamed.
Forget the other tours, go with Qatar Inbound Tours!

3  Thank Rahul S
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Thank you so much for the incredible adventure. Our driver was on time, courteous, and very friendly. He was also an excellent driver and gave us the thrill of a lifetime. I would recommend Qatar Inbound Tours to anyone looking for a desert adventure. I only wish we had more time for the full day tour. Also, Shiraz was very professional and followed up with my email inquiries very quickly. I hope I get a chance to come back for the full tour someday.

3  Thank Mike W
See more reviews
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Our group of six friends, took a private day tour in Doha, Qatar with Inbound Tours. From the moment that I personally contacted the agency, Shiraz Mohammed, the manager, was very professional and accommodating. Upon arrival in Doha, he contacted our hotel to finalize the pick up time. Even though, we decided to change the pick up time, at the last minute,he agreed without any hesitation.

The vehicle provided was comfortable, clean and the driver /guide, Mohammed was excellent. We really got to see a lot in Doha during our five hour tour. They provided water and juices during the day. Doha is a small city and in five hours you can experience a lot.

Definitely recommend booking your private tour with Qatar Inbound.
Some of the highlights were the marina, the Katara Cultural Village, the Museum of Islamic Art, the Qatar Equestrian Federation and the Falcon Souk.

2  Thank trvlbufElmhurst