“A welcoming peak into Islam”
Review of State Grand Mosque

and up
City Tour - Delight of Doha
Ranked #10 of 111 things to do in Doha
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I was part of an organized tour into the Mosque so I cannot say how an individual visit would go down. That said the visit was wonderful eye-opener into Islamic worship. We were welcomed and given a glimpse into the call for prayers and were able to witness prayers from the comfort of the inner house of the Mosque. The gentleman who spoke to us was knowledgeable, accessible and very funny. I learnt a lot from the insights he shared.

As an architectural monument it is difficult to capture the beauty and scale of the Mosque in words, save to say that it is beautiful, radiant and meticulously detailed. Yet, despite this it is a peaceful and humbling space that seems welcome all who come to worship or simply to experience being within its walls.

1  Thank Mdawini

Reviewed January 20, 2014

I suggest you to visit this mosque because is very beatiful.
We have gone with our car and It is was very easy to find. The building is very big, very well kept and full of color. There is also, outside, a big free parking and so, It is possibile to leave the car and it walk by walk, and make a nice ride for the whole mosque that is really new and great, addition to the beatiful landscape that you see.
It represents a MUST of Qatar!

Reviewed January 7, 2014

The mosque is close to Sooq Waquif, but because of construction it is very difficult to find your way there. Once we got there, there were no signs in English to tell us where to enter. Apparently, there was a different entrance for women - which we used. But as soon as I tried to open the door to the main Mosque room, we were told not to enter and go upstairs. Upstairs room was for women and was completely covered and we were not even able to get a glimpse of the main prayer room.

4  Thank ReviewingSV
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Happened to visit it with a family friend. Ornate large doors, vast empty spaces, beautiful designs.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

As a non-Muslim, I attended this with some Muslim friends who were in the area and needed to pray. The building is awesome and extremely serene. It was like going into Canterbury Cathedral or such. A real spiritual vibe.
I was welcomed by all and allowed to wander freely. Very impressive