“Big mall”
Review of City Centre Mall

City Centre Mall
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Nice mall, big and with many shops. Just what you could expect from a mall. Find all the shops you need.

There are newer reviews for City Centre Mall

Reviewed January 15, 2013

It is the best place for shopping in Qatar as lot of fashion outlets and shops , it is also a good place for snack , tea or coffee.
Visit the mega store the Carrefour as you can buy lot of things with very low prices to take home specially the nuts sector

Reviewed January 14, 2013

This mall is like every other City Center shopping center I have been to. It has everything I need and always enjoy coming here.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I want to like this mall, I really do. It is a huge mall with a movie theater, restaurants, and an ice skating rink.

Pros: Lots of affordable shopping. None of the high end names like at the Pearl. Because of its size, it's good for walking. Between the various levels, you can do a lot of walking here. There are plenty of restaurants and cafes from which to select. The caramel popcorn at the movie theater is amazing; the popcorn and all other concession treats (nachos & cheese, assorted candy, drinks, chips, etc.) are really cheap. Karwas are available at the main entrance. Also, this is the one place I know of where you can easily have a key copied (bottom level, between the parking garage and Carrefour).

Cons: The layout makes no sense. The "back roads" (hallways off the main hallways) are difficult to navigate. There are just enough levels and "back roads" to ensure you will not find your store of choice on your first try. The elevators are T-I-N-Y, slam shut (on you, your shopping cart, etc. - it doesn't discriminate) due to a lack of sensors, and are often packed full or require a long wait to even ride. If I were in a wheelchair, I would really hate this mall. The last time I was there, I was stranded on one level with my shopping cart, because people who were perfectly capable of taking the stairs/escalators kept cramming in. Let's talk bathrooms. The bathrooms at this mall are some of the worst public restrooms in Doha. Be sure to roll up your pant legs before entering the restrooms, as there is a significant amount of "butt hose" standing water that will soak the bottom of your pants. The water is always there. Always. When entering a store, any previously purchased items in bags must be temporarily surrendered at the door of the new store. This practice is not exclusive to City Center, but still annoying and makes me paranoid. If I have bags from making purchases at the mall's stores, then I obviously am a paying customer. The ice in the ice skating rink usually looks like it's melting. Sometimes I think the parking lot is actually a Land Cruiser dealership, as is always so full. Even staying as full as it does, the rates to park there remain extremely high. Movies at the movie theater are canceled without warning, so if you make plans to see a movie, keep your plans flexible (maybe have more than 1 movie in mind).

In summary, I go to this mall when friends organize movie night, and on said movie night, I might even pop in to some of the stores. Aside from that, I avoid this mall like the plague. I leave feeling mentally exhausted, and was even followed through multiple stores by a local man once. Go if you must, but go in a group, or with your significant other, and keep your expectations low!

Reviewed January 12, 2013

I think this mall is ok but needs some new exciting unique fashion brands. It is in the City and easy to get to but but not as good as Landmark which is further out of the City but well worth a visit.