“Nice Sports Bar, but Smokey”

Champions Sports Bar
Ranked #100 of 857 Restaurants in Doha
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Catch the big game at Doha's authentic sports bar with 40 screens, private rooms & ice-cold drinks. This is the place to come celebrate fun times with loved ones or relax and cheer on your favorite teams with friends.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Nice Sports Bar, but Smokey”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

This a great place to cath the game, enjoy typical sport's bar food fare (Nachos, Chilli Dog, Burger, ...etc) and ice cold tall beers. There are easily 50 tv screens in the establishment, and it is loud--loud ppl, sometimes loud tv's--it's what you come to a sport's bar for, right? It's a terrific place if tobacco smoke doesn't bother you. Otherwise, you;re in trouble if any allergies or issues related to smoke.

The staff is friendly, very busy--over worked really.

A fun place to chill and indulge your caveman persona if so desired.

• Visited November 2013
Robert C, Manager at Champions Sports Bar, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear Jive T,

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Average sports bar”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

OK, yes they have 40 screens, sadly 38 of them (only a slight exaggeration) are showing the same 2 games so those of us that don't want anything to do with liverpool/man u etc. are shoved in a corner out the way.
Happy hour draught beers are acceptable at QAR28, but only Carlsberg/Heineken/Kilkenny - why not Stella?
Otherwise, yeah, OK, may go back there - but only to watch the sport it's not a place to go if you're not interested in sport - there are better places for that.
Chicken wings were just OK, a bit too chewy if anything.
Service was good and attentive though - thanks.

• Visited January 2014
Robert C, Director of Beverage & Food at Champions Sports Bar, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Hello Michael,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your recent visit to Champions, it is much appreciated. Whilst we did seem to provide a good experience generally, I am sorry to hear that we fell short of your expectations and would value the opportunity to discuss further if you could contact me at Robert.catlin@renaissancehotels.com Thank you once again for your comments and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Champions on your next visit to Doha.
Doha, Qatar
“best sports bar in doha”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Dont just go here for sport the food is amazing as well. have watched the last two six nations here in addition to the lions tour. the management are excellent and will go out of the way to try and find the televised sport that you want to watch and put it on a screen close to your table. The sliders served here are by far the best burgers in Doha. I will miss this place.

Visited January 2014
Hello Tony
Many thanks for your feedback in regard to the “good food and good times” that you have experienced at Champions. It is great to see that you enjoyed your time and the Champions team will be delighted to hear of your comments. Thank you once again.
New Brunswick, Canada
“Great food, horrible service!”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

What a gem this place is! Great drink menu, great food, probably the best nachos on the planet, and a true sports bar, fun atmosphere.
The one big downfall, the service! Wow! There seems to be way too many "floor managers" dressed in suits, and not enough regular employees. Ironically, the regular employees which ran nonstop, every night, were much more pleasant than these "managers", where they spent most of the night walking around giving orders to the employees, or standing behind the bar watching everyone! I've never encountered this at any sports bar ever!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank gsxrgirl10
Robert C, Director of Beverage & Food at Champions Sports Bar, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your recent visit to Champions, it is much appreciated. It is with such feedback that we can endeavor to continually improve our product and service. I am sorry to hear that we fell short of your expectations and would value the opportunity to discuss further if you could contact me at Robert.catlin@renaissancehotels.com. Thank you once again for your comments and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.
Doha, Qatar
“Bradley.... A hotelier? Maybe not”
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

I went to enjoy a good beer and some food with some friends and met once again in Qatar and I heard this hotel open up as part of the Marriott complex of hotels in Doha City Centre. And I was really excited to go and experience the hospitality Mr Marriott gave to all of us a heritage especially as I heard they had a sports bar.
Up on arrival there is a very big phillipino guy, the bouncer, to who we introduced ourselves, first of all very unfriendly and not a hospitality person at all...then we heard speaking to some Saudi guests in a very impolite way....then I didn't have my ID with me however my friends did and he immediately say I couldn't go in, I understand the law is to register people when they go in bar however this is more like a restaurant and not night club so they call "the manager" Bradley, to whom we politely introduced ourselves with a smile, at this point he couldn't even smile, he just came out and said "yes?" Eventually he let us in. Please keep in mind that none of my friends were phillipino and we're rather Arabic or European . Once indoors we were waiting for a phillipino friend of ours, when came into the door he also forgot his ID but the doorman asked him "are you from Philippines?" So he just let him in.....racism at Renaissance and Marriott? Maybe yes!

We were really hungry and none of us had eaten, when the waiter came to us he said he didn't have anything as kitchen was closed so only drinks. So we asked if the manager could come. Then Bradley came again and we he approached the table he actually said "oh, you again!" With a very upset face, he said sorry no food kitchen close, to what we said we understand however please we are very hungry, can we pay extra money and order from room service he said no! Eventually 30 mans later we said burgers and fries coming in and we called him again, this time he raised his voice and was very upset and said these guest are guest in house so they can order....and said to him forget about money or in house guest lets go back to the principles of your business "hospitality!!" How bad does that look that you told me no food however and see people eating in front of me. Bradley just kept getting more upset, rude and nervous.

Definitely Bradley doesn't know how to smile, greet the guests, be business man and make money, or keep his guest happy with passion. I would Bradley do something good for all of us....you, your company and the guest..... Go and find a job in a bank!

Really disappointed I had to beg for food at a 5 star hotel and then I see people eating in front of me plus the racist Doorman they have.

Also keep in mind this was about 2 weeks ago on a Thursday night which is usually the busy nights of any bar, however this bar was almost empty.....May e something to do with Bradley and the way this place is being managed.

Sorry Bradley but I'm only saying the truth....hope next time I can eat at your place .

Visited December 2013
3 Thank travelerME123
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your recent visit to Champions, it is much appreciated. It is with such feedback that we can endeavor to continually improve our product and service. I am sorry to hear that we fell short of your expectations and would value the opportunity to discuss further if you could contact me at Robert.catlin@renaissancehotels.com. Thank you once again for your comments and I hope we will have the opportunity to talk soon.