“la sahtaine :)”

La Sahtaine
Ranked #539 of 912 Restaurants in Doha
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Indulge in exquisite French Mediterranean cuisine in a vibrant and posh setting overlooking the Arabian Gulf. Select your favorite wine from a glass enclosed wine cellar.
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We passed to Hilton Doha to their restaurant, la sahtaine. We walk in with no reservation yet the hostess was more than welcoming We sat on a table with sea view, the ambience was charming with the live piano music, the waitress suggested their crab promotion for this month and was very helpful and flexible with our order. We chose smoked salmon and beef carpaccio that we rarely find in Doha For the main course we had a chillian sea bass, that taste amazing, the plate was served with bag when you open it the smell of the baked sea bass is delicious, the dessert selection was fine though I was expecting to see cheese cake and chocolate fondant but there wasn't. We really enjoyed our dinner and we definitively come back soon

1  Thank Dany961

Reviewed September 22, 2013

During the last few months we have been to over a dozen good restaurants both in the touristy areas and beyond and have found "la sahtain" to be the best of the bunch! The complete meal (Each choosing a different starter and a different main so that we could share them half half) was perfectly sized and the taste was nothing short of AMAZING!!
One other great thing about "la sahtain" is the wine! A large selection for every taste and the recommendations are very much appreciated. The Staff are extremely nice which only bettered the already great atmosphere. I will highly recommend this beautiful place to anyone who plans on passing through Nice! And if you don't plan on passing through, CHANGE your plans!!

1  Thank Carlo K
May E, Food and Beverage Coordinator at La Sahtaine, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear Carlo K

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback here which I have shared with my team members.

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit to our La Sahtaine restaurant and thank you for recommending it to your friends.

We would like to welcome you back in our La Sahtaine or any other restaurant

The whole Hilton Doha team joins me in sending you our Best Regards

Kind regards

Demiana Wagih

Reviewed September 22, 2013

The restaurant is charming, the stuff is lovely and the food is delicious. Prices are quiet normal and affordable for a 5 stars restaurant. The variety of wine is weak, but the smart sommelier lady knows how to make us choose the right bottle. We recommend this nice restaurant for the French lover’s food in Qatar.

1  Thank GUSS B

Dear JOHN K

I also would like to advise you that we are working on our Wine menu in order to please our valuable guests

We would like to welcome you back in our La Sahtaine or any other restaurant

The whole Hilton Doha team joins me in sending you our Best Regards

Kind regards
Demiana Wagih
Food and Beverage Coordinator

Reviewed May 30, 2013

While staying at the Hilton more than once, we chose La Sahtaine, only last week to have lunch. The deal for 88 QR, is amazing value for money. Fast and efficient service, original presentations and menu choice. Definitely recommended, will be back

Reviewed May 26, 2013

This French / Mediterranean Restaurant. Nice place to take your partner as very simple but elegant atmosphere.

Had some Carpaccio and Foie Gras. Carpaccio was good but still love the W Market Foie Gras. Soup was great.

I had a veal steak and was tender and flavorful, cooked medium to my liking. Perfect!

Been to La Sahtaine? Share your experiences!