“Excellent Food. Ambiance could be better”

Mra Restaurant Bakery And Sweets
Ranked #114 of 896 Restaurants in Doha
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Reviewed December 15, 2013

We went to this place around 10 p.m. and we were very hungry. It was crowded but the staff found us a place pretty quickly.

We ordered Kerala naan, chicken curry, squid, fish curry and mutton curry. These actually had their own names but I'm afraid I can't remember what they were.
Food was excellent. It was very tasty that we had second helpings. This is rare for me because usually Indian food fill me right away.
They served food pretty quickly. Every dish was excellent. But we all unanimously agreed that the chicken curry was the best of all.

We had gulab jamun which were not too sweet so it was perfect. And another Indian sweet made out of condensed milk. That was also good.

The Place
The venue was a bit too dark. And noisy. But it was not very noisy at that time. Maybe because it was late in the night.

The staff
Staff were friendly and attentive. I was too engrossed with the food to really notice about the staff.

For five grownups who were very hungry, the bill came about only 180 Riyals. This definitely worth repeat visits.

There are newer reviews for Mra Restaurant Bakery And Sweets

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Since the hotel is in the vicinity of my office I am a regular visitor to MRA. Mostly for breakfast and sometimes for lunch.
This is the best hotel in Doha to have breakfast. And reasonably priced as compared to Saravana Bhavan which i believe is overpriced and over hyped too.
Where do i begin. The Masala Dosa, freshly made and steaming hot.The crust of the dosa is crisp, melt-in-the-mouth and has a pleasant caramel-like aftertaste. The center is filled with seasoned potato and onion. It is perfect. Accompanied with two chutneys. The white coconut chutney and the other spicy red chilli chutney. Also served is sambhar.
Other items are idli, appam with egg curry, thattu dosa etc. All are delicious. Amazing way to start my day. Along with a frothy cup of tea.
Will write another review on the lunch and dinner served here. This post is dedicated to their breakfast. A MUST VISIT IN DOHA.

3  Thank Darryl M
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I am not a Keralite but I love kerala food..this restaurant serves awwsome kerala food...
The best in Doha I can say...
I don't know the names but I liked Fish curry a lot, and the fry fish as well. Dint try the buffet yet.
You also get a welcome drink a different drink every day.
For two people min 50 QR.

1  Thank Sid-RT
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The restaurant boasts about a rich tradition of Kerala Malabar food. Malabar is the Northern part of Kerala and Malabar cuisine is famous for it's speciality food which includes a variety of pan cakes, pathiris, parottas and Biriyanis.

I went on a Saturday for lunch, which I heard was good. Unfortunately, I didn't find the buffet lunch interesting at all. It was a mix of North Indian and South Indian food which included some typical Kerala food like tapioca, fish curry, beef ularthiyathu, meen thoran and a few vegetarian dishes. Anyway the food was nothing great to talk about.

Buffet was served in a small hall and the whole place was so crowded and noisy too. Tables are tiny and crammed together. Waiters are un-attentive and tables were left uncleaned.

I have tasted their cake made with tender coconut, which is a must try. Pastries and the bakery section is good. But, I will never recommend the hotel for the not so great food, poor ambience and service. Last but not least, it's very difficult to find a parking anywhere nearby.

3  Thank jacpaul1
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Guys, please do not have any expectation in the restaurant.

Only sweets section is attractive and price is quite high.

Restaurant food was very very bad. May be a typical keralite food but every item in north indian food is so bad....Dont waste your money. I will NEVER visit again EVEN if they give FREE

My family was very upset and lost the full evening due to visiting this worst restaurant.