“A place for Indian cuisine”
Review of Shalimar Palace

Shalimar Palace
Ranked #399 of 895 Restaurants in Doha
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed February 9, 2013

This is one of few Indian restaurants in Doha that serves South to North indian cuisines both veg and non-veg.
Reasonable rates, quick service compared to other restaurants of similar capacity and simple atmosphere. I had an appetite for a Crab dish so ordered a Crab curry with Scezhuan Fried Rice for the first time, Chicken lollypops and Sea food soup. Crab curry tasted delicious but I wouldn't recommend for those who are cautious on hot-spicy numbers. It would have been nicer had the waiter told us both the crab curry and scezhuan fried rice were spicy. Combination of both being spicy wouldn't get along but nothing to complain about.
I also would like to see Menus having indication of spicy for respective dishes so that guests know what kind of meal they would get.
I'd like to visit again to explore other Indian dishes.

1  Thank Ram A
There are newer reviews for Shalimar Palace

Reviewed December 22, 2012

Very gud tandoor items..especially mutton roganjosh. Tandoor platter is a nice value for money and taste it you are visiting as a group... My first visit there and really enjoyed the food

1  Thank dhruvmeka
Reviewed November 27, 2012

The food, ambiance, menu, seating arrangements, party hall, service, cutlery what not... all of these have been carefully chosen and organised in an excellent symmetry of being a fine restaurant. I ensure that all my guests (local of abroad) are given a taste of Shalimar.

Few of my favourites from the menu, which I feel would defiantly be a nice choice for you as well.
The Kerala Porotta
The Special Whole Fish (Hamour or Black Pomfret) Masala
King Fish Tawa Fry (Oil-less fry)
South Indian Fish Curry Meals (Non-Veg)
South Indian Meals (Veg) - The best part is that its served on a fresh banana leaf
Chicken Tikka Masala
Chicken/Mutton Rogan Curry/Gravy
Chicken Tandoori Angar (meaning extra spicy)
& more

I had most of my outdoor catering also done by them. The Menu they give for the price is a definite YES. On time delivery with smart servers and banquet arrangements.

1  Thank M J
Reviewed October 23, 2012

This is the second time I visited this restaurant, and can vouch o have some very good tandoor food. Go for the mix tandoor platter-consisting of mutton, chicken, fish and prawns or the chicken kabab platter. Both dont disappoint u.
Mutton Roganjosh is also very good, but we had ordered chicken tikka masala which is sweeter, so watch out for this.
The price is not taxing on you, nevertheless a pleasing experience both times.

Been to Shalimar Palace? Share your experiences!