Copthorne Hotel Doha
Anantara.com
$122
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewspeaceful hotelmain roadroom serviceindoor poolclose to the hotelbusiness visitbreakfast buffetcomfortable staystayed for nightsexecutive suitehigher flooreasy accessfront office staffshort staythe hotel offershouse keepingenjoyed my stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Great staff, service and facilities. Qatar Airways put me up at Copthorne when I missed the connecting flight at Doha airport. The restaurant offered a wide variety of food at the buffet breakfast and buffet dinner. The room on the 3rd floor was comfortable and quiet. My only complaint is that the power plug in the bathroom didn't work. Overall it was a great experience and I would stay there again and recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Please do not expect a 5 stars service from this hotel if you are a Qatar Airways guest.

On the day of my departure I called for room service and the hotel staff took my order. A few minutes after I received a call from another staff and I was told that the buffet is ongoing and that I should go down and they cannot deliver my order in my room because I am a Qatar Airways guest. As I checked in the night before I was informed that I have 250 QAR food allowance to be used during my stay. Puzzled, mad and hungry, I called the reception. The receptionist told me the same thing--I am a Qatar Airways guest so no room service. In their room service flyers inside my hotel room it is stated at the front page that room service is 24 hours. However, being a Qatar Airways guest I cannot avail that 24 hours service. I phoned the reception once again and asked for the front office manager. Spoke with the front office manager and told him my dilemma about not being given my room service order and because I was discriminated for being a Qatar Airways guest. He just replied with " I will ask somebody from room service to take your order." No sorry for the inconvenience or whatsoever.

Upon checking out, I voiced out my concern about being discriminated for being a Qatar Airways guest and the lady receptionist on duty defended their hotel and said that for Qatar Airways guest room service is not available because only the buffet is for them. She made me even more mad!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I stayed in this hotel during my business trip to Doha ... What I like about this hotel is how professional they are. I stayed for 2 nights and I was always asked if I need more complementary coffee, tea or water... The rooms are spacious and clean... The staff are friendly and always ready to help... Just a nice place to relax in after a long working day..

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Naddousha
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I decided on this hotel because of brand name and had always enjoyed my stay in previous cop throne hotels. Also got a good rate. But I was disappointed with my stay . Firstly the room was cluttered asked for single room occupancy .The room was clean but small with to much furniture making look even smaller . To use coffee table had move it to get to seat the pull it back into position . I had one meal in the restaurant and found the service slow considering it was not busy found a annoying soup was ok but the main course was very disappointing after this had ate out. The breakfast was very basic with set menus and could no even order eggs . The only plus I found was that the staff were extremely helpful with any question or queries.

Room Tip: The hotel is very close to airport and is just of main road so if on lower floors you hear the traffic upper floors air traffic so go for middle floors .but is very handy for good bars and restaurants just across the road , but take care when crossing
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Again,the staff could not help a foreigner any more if they tried.
Excellent warm service and friendly smiles all round.A credit to all involved.
For the business traveller,convenient to the airport and will get the job done at a good price as well.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business