“Comfortable stay and delightful staff”

Copthorne Hotel Doha
Ranked #40 of 138 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Five nights in Doha for work and here we are at the Copthorne on airport road.
This is a relatively new hotel and the room is facing the main road, where you can watch the suicidal drivers going up and down at breakneck speed along the main road.
Well appointed room - nothing missing and lots of extras. The staff here are really lovely - nothing is too much trouble and "Lucky" in the coffee lounge is that rare person - someone who is discreet but very much aware of what is going on... you can leave you papers on the table and come back later and she's kept an eye on everything.
A very comfortable stay in a mid-level hotel, good WiFi / business facilities and with exemplary staff. Wide choice of buffet at every meal. Excellent.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

I arrived late at the hotel. At first the hotel looks quite impresive and nice.

But the person at the reception was not that nice - may be we were basic customers who only booked with booking.com but nevertheless we were not welcomed as it should.

When a the paperwork was done I asked whether I could eat something - but the guy said it was not possible anymore as the restaurant closed at 23h....and it was 23h05. I would only order via roomservice.

The room was very nice, high ceilings and quite spacious. So no complaints there. The bathroom was a bit strange, very big but the toilet was just behind the door...not so comfortable.

The room looks very luxerious but if you look closer there are a lot of "defaults". My room had spots of humidity (to me looks like that).

Breakfast was also quite basic - lots of choices but quality not that nice.

Overall basic stay and to me not worth a four star.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

My wife, son, and I stayed here for two nights, three days as part of a tour of the Gulf. This is a terrific hotel, really good value, and we had no complaints at all. The staff was very friendly and pleasant, the breakfast buffet was large with a huge selection of items, and beds were quite comfortable. The hotel was located near a large shopping mall, where we went a couple of times to pick up some items we needed. We would certainly recommend staying here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 5, 2013

The title of my review might be a bit harsh. There is nothing wrong with the hotel, it's just that I have been spoiled when I've stayed at other hotels in Doha (such as the Oryx Rotana and Intercontinental), but it depends on what you're looking for. If you're looking for somewhere to put your head down during a short stopover between flights then the Copthorne is fine. The hotel is only 5 minutes away by taxi.

Although they were expecting us, we arrived early afternoon, there was a 15 minute delay while they checked to make sure the rooms were ready. No big deal, they bought us a nice cool drink at reception while we waited.

My room was stylishly decorated with a large comfortable bed. The bathroom was OK with a shower over the end of the bath. The plug in the basin did not work very well and the water drained away very slowly.

After three long flights I was looking forward to a couple of hours laying in the sun. No chance, there is not an outside area for sitting and the pool is inside which was very disappointing. Instead my colleagues and I used the sauna and steam room.

This is a dry hotel so if you want an alcoholic drink you have to go across the road to the Crowne Plaza but at approximately £7 for a small beer you'll probably remain sober! After a couple of beers we went back to the hotel for a meal. Some nights there seems to be theme evenings but only the a la carte menu was available to us. The meal was OK but nothing more than that.

So, if a comfortable bed is all you really want then the Copthorne is OK but if your expectations are greater then maybe you should look elsewhere, perhaps even across the road at the Crowne Plaza.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 4, 2013

As far as the hotel in general it is a well run establishment with helpful staff and the standards of service and cleanliness are high.
Facilities are not particularly good with the only pool being small, indoors and cold. I didn't get a chance to use the Gym or Spa.
The rooms are comfortable but noisy. There is a building site to one side of the hotel and a main road to the front.
If you are in Doha purely for business and will only be spending minimal amounts of time in the hotel then it is fine. I was on a stop over for a rest break and, with no outside area to relax in the only place to relax was my room! Unfortunately, therefore, I didn't find it particularly restful!

Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a business trip and must say I did enjoy my stay. Positive things to mention are the breakfast buffet, the 2 free water bottles every day, the A/C in the room (maybe a little noisy for my taste) and the friendly staff. I would deffinetly stay there again. Nevative things are none or not worth mentioning.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I enjoyed my stay here. It was only for 3 days although it was important I had fast wifi and a comfortable room. The hotel has free wifi and my room was splendid.

It's very close to the airport so convenient for business or a stopover.

The swimming pool is a bit small to do a proper workout although it was nice to relax anyway!

The restaurant where I had breakfast, lunch and dinner was delightful. There was so much choice, and it was so fresh.

The staff at reception and in the restaurant were so friendly and really helpful.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business