“Just average”

Ranked #182 of 908 Restaurants in Doha
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 7, 2013

An ok place to grab a drink and have a bite to eat. Nothing out of this world, its such a shame since its a nice location. We tried to seat on the beach to have a drink and because we werent staying in the hotel they asked us to leave or to pay 350 per person to have a drink after we had spent almost 2000 for lunch. Simply ridiculous!

Ahmed K, Hotel Manager at Pool Grill, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent visit with us. I am sorry that we failed to meet your expectations on the day. We do appreciate your feedback as we know that it helps us in improving our services for our guests such as yourself.
I would like to make myself available to you should you wish to further discuss your experience. You may contact me at ahmed.khalaf@fourseasons.com.
Looking forward to welcoming you back to allow us for another chance to extend the service and hospitality that Four Seasons Hotels are known for.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

The Pool Grill is located within the Four Seasons hotel complex. It is situated right on the beach and next to the main pool of the hotel. It offers great views of the private beach, the adjacent yacht club as well as Doha Bay. Service is good. It is has a casual, relaxed atmosphere and is a wonderful choice for lunch or an afternoon or evening drink. The only drawback is the price. It will set you back about QR 150. Cocktails are QR80; beer a bit less. If you want a great value for your riyal, this may not be your best bet. However, if you can "stomach" the prices, the quality of the food as well as the setting make for a delightful time out.

Ahmed K, Hotel Manager at Pool Grill, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

Thank you for giving us the feedback on your recent stay. We appreciate you sharing your experience with us.

I'm delighted to know that you enjoyed your time by the pool and noted your observations regarding food and beverage prices.

We do hope to have the chance to welcoming you back to Four Seasons Hotel Doha in the near future.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

The Pool Grill is set next to the beach offering a great view and nice ambience but is very expensive for what is still a pretty basic restaurant. Some of the food whilst good is so over priced - QR 140 for a burger with processed cheese on top! Drinks require a mortgage where you'll pay QR 65 for a draught Fosters (which I estimate to be little more in size than a 33cl bottle). Being a beach-side venue the drinks are served in plastic cups, which look aged and very scratched.

The Chimichangas I ordered were a decent portion, of good quality and came with a better than average side salad. Friendly and efficient service but overall not really enough to really make me want to come back any time soon especially with the likes of Market offering an express lunch of 3 courses for 89 QR (which does include the best burger I have had in Qatar).

Lunch for 2:
2 mains, 1 bottle of beer, 1 large water QR 245.

Your comments on the prices are noted, and for sure will look into it.
Looking forward to have the chance to welcoming you back.

Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

I ventured into Four Seasons for a late lunch one Saturday afternoon only to find that the Pool Grill was the only restaurant still open.
It was terribly over priced (65QR for a large beer served in a dated plastic glass!). The food selection was what I expected from a poolside restaurant but the prices were ridiculously high. Screaming children on the beach did not improve the atmosphere either.
As much as I like Nusantao and the library bar, I will not be returning to the Pool Grill anytime soon.

Thank you for the time and effort spent in sharing your thoughts with us in regard to your pool grill experience.
I am sorry that we failed to meet your expectations on the day of your visit. Your comments regarding the prices and glasses are noted. On the other side I'm glad to know that we meet your expectations in both Nusantao and Library Lounge.
Looking forward to have you back soon.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

I always think about the four seasons hotels as an aristocratic place with wealthy people laying down on the beach reading a thick book wearing a reading glass :D but believe it or not Pool & grill is a very fantastic cool place that you can enjoy your night with all friend with no dress code & no boundaries, chilling out the whole night with the DJ music facing the see under the moon light & of course it’s madness if you want to rate the food & beverage or the service quality of the Four Seasons hotel coz it’s extremely excellent, the staff is really amazing so helpful with a big smile on their faces & I think that’s how they maintain their excellency......... Excellent place

Ahmed K, Hotel Manager at Pool Grill, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

I was delighted to read your comments following your dining experience at Pool Grill and I thank you for the time spent communicating your thoughts.

I will definitely share your remarks to the whole team, who works really hard to ensure that guests such as yourself have remarkable experiences with us.

Again thank you for your lovely feedback and I hope you continue to choose to dine with us here at Four Seasons Hotel Doha.

Hotel Manager

Been to Pool Grill? Share your experiences!