“Great surroundings, good service... over priced”
Review of Pool Grill

Pool Grill
Ranked #184 of 908 Restaurants in Doha
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 15, 2013

The Pool Grill is set next to the beach offering a great view and nice ambience but is very expensive for what is still a pretty basic restaurant. Some of the food whilst good is so over priced - QR 140 for a burger with processed cheese on top! Drinks require a mortgage where you'll pay QR 65 for a draught Fosters (which I estimate to be little more in size than a 33cl bottle). Being a beach-side venue the drinks are served in plastic cups, which look aged and very scratched.

The Chimichangas I ordered were a decent portion, of good quality and came with a better than average side salad. Friendly and efficient service but overall not really enough to really make me want to come back any time soon especially with the likes of Market offering an express lunch of 3 courses for 89 QR (which does include the best burger I have had in Qatar).

Lunch for 2:
2 mains, 1 bottle of beer, 1 large water QR 245.

Ahmed K, Hotel Manager at Pool Grill, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent visit with us.
Your comments on the prices are noted, and for sure will look into it.
Looking forward to have the chance to welcoming you back.

Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

I ventured into Four Seasons for a late lunch one Saturday afternoon only to find that the Pool Grill was the only restaurant still open.
It was terribly over priced (65QR for a large beer served in a dated plastic glass!). The food selection was what I expected from a poolside restaurant but the prices were ridiculously high. Screaming children on the beach did not improve the atmosphere either.
As much as I like Nusantao and the library bar, I will not be returning to the Pool Grill anytime soon.

Thank you for the time and effort spent in sharing your thoughts with us in regard to your pool grill experience.
I am sorry that we failed to meet your expectations on the day of your visit. Your comments regarding the prices and glasses are noted. On the other side I'm glad to know that we meet your expectations in both Nusantao and Library Lounge.
I would like to make myself available to you should you wish to further discuss your experience. You may contact me at ahmed.khalaf@fourseasons.
Looking forward to have you back soon.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

I always think about the four seasons hotels as an aristocratic place with wealthy people laying down on the beach reading a thick book wearing a reading glass :D but believe it or not Pool & grill is a very fantastic cool place that you can enjoy your night with all friend with no dress code & no boundaries, chilling out the whole night with the DJ music facing the see under the moon light & of course it’s madness if you want to rate the food & beverage or the service quality of the Four Seasons hotel coz it’s extremely excellent, the staff is really amazing so helpful with a big smile on their faces & I think that’s how they maintain their excellency......... Excellent place

Ahmed K, Hotel Manager at Pool Grill, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

I was delighted to read your comments following your dining experience at Pool Grill and I thank you for the time spent communicating your thoughts.

I will definitely share your remarks to the whole team, who works really hard to ensure that guests such as yourself have remarkable experiences with us.

Again thank you for your lovely feedback and I hope you continue to choose to dine with us here at Four Seasons Hotel Doha.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

The food is always excellent, the staff are incredibly friendly and helpful. The view is stunning, especially in the evenings. A very relaxed atmosphere, and during the warmer months the Thursday night beach bar is a great place to relax whilst listening to great music. Highly recommend pool grill to anyone who likes good food and a great atmosphere.

Ahmed K, Hotel Manager at Pool Grill, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Our deepest thanks and appreciation to you for taking the time to post a review of your Pool Grill dining experience.

It is a great pleasure to know that you had an excellent time with us and that we were able to meet your expectations. I will be sharing your kind words with our team.

Looking forward to your next visit to Four Seasons Hotel Doha soon, especially once the Beach Bar is re-launched.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

one of the best asian restaurants. Beautiful view and Beautiful atmosphere especially at the evening. Excellent staff.

Ahmed K, Hotel Manager at Pool Grill, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2013

Thank you for posting a review here at TripAdvisor following your recent visit at Pool Grill.

It was good to know that you had an excellent dining experience and we do hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon at Four Seasons Hotel Doha.