“Finally! A great steakhouse in Doha!”
Review of Prime Steakhouse

Prime Steakhouse
Ranked #32 of 987 Restaurants in Doha
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Prime is a bold, timeless meat destination that promises the finest selection of cuts consistently cooked to perfection in a warm, comfortable and memorable setting.Prime promotes flexible dining, where guests may choose to experience a live grill show kitchen, interactive dining area or a cosy private dining space.A place for people passionate about meat and considered Doha's No.1 Steakhouse by Time Out Magazine 2013.
Reviewed June 1, 2013

My friend tried this place last week and was raving about it. Needless to say, I had to give it a try. I've been to Bentley's which is good. NY Steakhouse was nothing to write home about and a few other places looking for that elusive great steak.

I can say without a doubt that I've found the place for a great steak and it's The Prime. We booked a reservation for 2. On arrival we were greeted with smiles and the waitress calling me by my name as we were led to our table.

We ordered the shrimp dish for the lady, while I had the 200 gm tenderloin angus. To start we had the lobster bisque. To wash it all down with a Penfolds Cab Shiraz.

The bisque arrived and it was delicious, though another morsel or two of the lobster would have gone a long way. The shrimp which arrived laying on a layer of mash potatoes. The shrimp was quite good. The steak was a home run. Medium rare, tender melt in your mouth delicious.

The Penfolds was delicious.

The service at all times was very good. Always attentive.

Highly recommended.

Will return!

One caveat. Just like all places in Doha you will pay beaucoup $$$ for this dining experience if you want to drink wine. Well over $200 back home is considered very expensive, while it seems to be the norm here.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

The service was great. They were attentive but didn't hover. My husband liked, not loved, his steak and the sides. I'm vegetarian, so I went with pasta, which I really enjoyed. They gave us a free appetizer and a lovely sorbet to cleanse our palette. Overall, it was a nice evening.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

The bar in Doha has been raised tremendously with the addition of Prime Steakhouse. While there are definitely decent places to eat, I found Prime to be exceptional. It was some of the best service in the city and the steak was in the top 5 I have ever had including in my travels to places like Argentina and Australia. I will be visiting Prime on all my business trips to Doha. It was also nice to finally get some decent wine in Doha.

1  Thank JLM235
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We were critical of the service last time we visited but this time the service was exceptional and the food was as good as ever. We were welcomed at the door and shown to "our usual table". We didn't realize we had a usual table, but the Manager and staff had done their homework and taken the time to check where we sat last time. Two bottles of wine were chilling and ready when we arrived - the same two that we had ordered on the previous visit. Clearly this information is available at all restaurants, but how many take the time to do this. Another memorable moment.
The menu had changed, including the option of three different cuts of meat; but all the old favourites remained. All of the steak meals that we have had have been memorable and this one was no different. The stand out was the cheek pieces - if you get the chance, sample this. Melt in your mouth delicious.
The whole evening, which started with the disappointment of the 56th floor Strata Bar being closed for a private event, was wonderful and I congratulate the manager and his team. We will be back yet again!

1  Thank Garry M
Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

I never thought I could get a good steak in Doha.The Prime Steakhouse iin the InterContinental Doha -The City has solved that problem. It is the BEST T bone steak that I have had in the Middle East.Well trimmed, perfectly cooked and beautifully presented.They also have a wonderful selection of very good wines. You are even offered a choice of steak knife. The service team are well trained and very knowledgeable on on the meat and wines